Author Topic: Amber sees a new pyschiatrist - advised to get a cat  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Purple Sage

Re: Amber sees a new pyschiatrist - advised to get a cat
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 04:24:40 AM »
IF all this were true, I'd be worried about the cat.  Amber isn't capable of caring for herself, much less a cat.  I highly doubt any professional would *give* her an alley cat much less a specialty trained animal.
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
IF all this were true, I'd be worried about the cat.  Amber isn't capable of caring for herself, much less a cat.  I highly doubt any professional would *give* her an alley cat much less a specialty trained animal.

You don't really believe that a cat is trainable, do you? Amber would have better luck with a cockatoo, y'know, cat lunch.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »

She couldn't keep a pet peeve alive.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 02:31:44 PM »
She couldn't keep a pet peeve alive.

Don't worry. This "trainable" cat will learn how to escape from Amber.

Pretty soon, there will be posts on the DUmp from one "Amber's Kat" seeking donations and a link to wishadupe, Someone will front it some money for a bus ticket to San Diego where the cat will immediately become a stray, sleeping in the streets, eting from trash cns and McDonalds Dumpsters.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
Don't worry. This "trainable" cat will learn how to escape from Amber.

Pretty soon, there will be posts on the DUmp from one "Amber's Kat" seeking donations and a link to wishadupe, Someone will front it some money for a bus ticket to San Diego where the cat will immediately become a stray, sleeping in the streets, eting from trash cns and McDonalds Dumpsters.

And, whatever it writes will probably be better than what graces the East County Magazine.  (It will have to cross a Rubicon on an arc to get there, though.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
Most places where deadbeats are given free furnished apartments and free wi-fi and gorgeous flooring and new furniture encourage pets. They get free pets, free pet food, and free veterinarian services.

I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to pull up stakes and move to Tucson. Can you imagine how well they must treat people who work?

Like shit--because someone has to pay for all these deadbeats.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »
You don't really believe that a cat is trainable, do you? Amber would have better luck with a cockatoo, y'know, cat lunch.

Good point. 

Some cats are somewhat trainable.  My daughter has hers walking on a leash, staying off the "NO!" things such as counters and tables, meowing at door to go outside to potty that he does on-leash, licks her nose when she says, "Gimme kisses.", doesn't sharpen his claws inside.

Basically, she treated this cat as a dog from kittenhood and it behaves pretty much like one.  He even hangs with the dog as opposed to the other two cats.  Unfortunately, he also has some undesirable dog attributes such as separation anxiety... Yowling up a storm when my daughter is on the other side of a closed door that will go on for quite a long time.

But training a cat for Amber-type needs?  There may be some DUmmies out there trying to do it. You know DUmmies.  I can't imagine doing it successfully, though.
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »
The companion cat settled it for me.  Amber is a pretty balsy mole and her remarkable run may be coming to an end.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
As a kid I trained my sister's cat. It would come running to go with me whenever I took my turbocharged BB gun out the back door.

As I prowled around out back the cat would be right by my side.

Whenever I aimed the BB gun, it would go on point like an English pointer, staring in the direction the gun was aimed.

When I shot, if a sparrow or starling came fluttering down, she would be on it the second it hit the ground, and if I missed I'd get a disgusted scowl.

She was a lousy retriever, but I guess she'd qualify as a companion cat.