Author Topic: Lady Freedom, the college grad, has a $70 shortage- She has her ticket to AZ  (Read 4631 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I doubt that.  Your family is probably preparing a going away party, scheduled of course for the day after you leave.  Sometimes you just have to cut your loses even if it is family.

I suspect her loving family is genuinely concerned for her, and she should pay attention to them.

If not, Missouri being a red state rather than a corrupt blue state, I imagine the accommodations in the insane asylums there are better than those to be found in, for example, Massachusetts or Maryland, which should give her some comfort.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so

I doubt that.  Your family is probably preparing a going away party, scheduled of course for the day after you leave.  Sometimes you just have to cut your loses even if it is family.

She implied earlier that all she owed her family was some rent.  I'm guessing there is a lot more money involved.  I worked in a grocery store many years ago and $2 or $3 short on a register over an 8 hour shift would generate a shit storm.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
She's a train wreck. Put into words so she will understand while lurking, she's a trane rek.

You know, she's really stupid.

She was with the old guy for ten years in a "relationship."

Which illustrates why I'm no fan of cohabitation without a marriage-license.

Ten years was plenty of time for her to drag him to the altar, and if she'd done that, she'd have him by the balls right now.  As it is, because "love doesn't need 'a piece of paper,'" she's out in the cold, minus both him and his assets.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Oh for crying out loud, just how useless is this woman????  I worked as a cashier at Kmart one summer between my junior and senior years of college and it was the easiest job in the world.  And this was before NCR programmed its registers to automatically know which items were taxable and which were non-taxable (for example, shampoo was non-taxable as it's deemed a necessity, but conditioner was taxable as it's a "luxury" item).  So I just used common sense and never had a problem with my till.

These DUmmies all better have shoes with velcro closures because I doubt they could even figure out how to tie a shoelace!  :mental:   :loser:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
You know, she's really stupid.

She was with the old guy for ten years in a "relationship."

Which illustrates why I'm no fan of cohabitation without a marriage-license.

Ten years was plenty of time for her to drag him to the altar, and if she'd done that, she'd have him by the balls right now.  As it is, because "love doesn't need 'a piece of paper,'" she's out in the cold, minus both him and his assets.

As I said on an earlier thread about her.  BA in communications, "journo" and retail experience notwithstanding, she only ever had one thing worth selling.  Unfortunately the old guy turned her over and noted the expiration date was long expired.  She needs to set up an E-Bay acct get a little red wagon and start shopping garage and estate sales.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
As I said on an earlier thread about her.  BA in communications, "journo" and retail experience notwithstanding, she only ever had one thing worth selling.  Unfortunately the old guy turned her over and noted the expiration date was long expired.  She needs to set up an E-Bay acct get a little red wagon and start shopping garage and estate sales.

You know, a marriage license is always a woman's best friend.

We men are always going to be men, no matter how desperately the feminazis and social architects try to change us into women.  There are some things that can never be changed, or even slightly altered, and so best to accept and adapt.

Even the Russians abandoned Lysenkoism decades ago.

I can't tell you how many times in this life I've heard, "oh, but love doesn't need a piece of paper"......only to be besieged, some several months or a few years later, by some hysterical woman complaining that he left her out in the cold, and that she has no "rights" in the matter, even if she supported both of them in the past.

Stupid women, who sell their selves without that ostensibly meaningless piece of paper.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

I'm always a little stunned by these LFR threads.  I'm amazed she can manage to follow one breath with another, all on her own.  I'm also quite surprised she still has the job after day one. 

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Lady Freedom Returns (5,803 posts)

5. all that my family is demanding before I go ( they now know about the ticket and are furious. They are threatening to to get a legal hold on me if I don't pay up)

And just how did they find out?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
I'm always a little stunned by these LFR threads.

Me too.

A while back, I thought she would be a one-time wonder.

<<<now has the intuitive sense this story's going to go on for a long time, taking all sorts of different twists and turns, and ending up not the way she wishes it to.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

Oh for crying out loud, just how useless is this woman????  I worked as a cashier at Kmart one summer between my junior and senior years of college and it was the easiest job in the world.  And this was before NCR programmed its registers to automatically know which items were taxable and which were non-taxable (for example, shampoo was non-taxable as it's deemed a necessity, but conditioner was taxable as it's a "luxury" item).  So I just used common sense and never had a problem with my till.

These DUmmies all better have shoes with velcro closures because I doubt they could even figure out how to tie a shoelace!  :mental:   :loser:

True story.

There was a obese woman that was a janitor where I worked. She wore lace-up tennis shoes. She was always asking her male counterpart to tie her shoe. One day I asked her how she tied her shoes before coming to work. She told me that she was a foster mother and that she had her foster kids tie em.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
True story.

There was a obese woman that was a janitor where I worked. She wore lace-up tennis shoes. She was always asking her male counterpart to tie her shoe. One day I asked her how she tied her shoes before coming to work. She told me that she was a foster mother and that she had her foster kids tie em.

That's probably something "Mrs. V"  :mental: has to do for Big Bertha as well . . .
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline dutch508

• Remember
How many cash transactions can she handle working the graveyard shift and end up 70-85 dollars in the hole? Most people buying gas that time of day would be using a credit card. The welfare queens that party all night on other people's money would be using a bridge card for their pot induced munchie attack for Hostess Twinkies.

I can't envision more than a few hundred in cash sales and she still managed to "misplace" a large chunk of that money.

As to the mgr. punching the wrong button, then there would be a surplus of 70-85 dollars somewhere else.

Something isn't right.

Gas drive off after she ok'd a purchase but didn't write down license info. As a cop, that is my bet.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Tucker

Gas drive off after she ok'd a purchase but didn't write down license info. As a cop, that is my bet.

Either way, there's more to the story (always the case with DUmmies) that's not being told.

Offline Dori

Me too.

<<<now has the intuitive sense this story's going to go on for a long time, taking all sorts of different twists and turns, and ending up not the way she wishes it to.

Let's write a collective story, a dummie version of the "Perils of Pauline".  :-)
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline hillneck

Me too.

Maybe she's making a sprint to the finish line of DOTY.   
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse

Maybe she's making a sprint to the finish line of DOTY.   
She's not that good.
I do see a nomination for The Steve Dawes award.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
She's not that good.
I do see a nomination for The Steve Dawes award.

It's not over yet though  :-)   Wait until she gets back to AZ and tries to look up Dave (and/or Chad)
Piney Power!!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
It's not over yet though  :-)   Wait until she gets back to AZ and tries to look up Dave (and/or Chad)

I'm no prophet, but I'm guessing she's not going to go beyond three feet past the city limits of Joplin before she's caught, and sent to a lunatic asylum by her sisters, who want only the best for her.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
I'm always a little stunned by these LFR threads.  I'm amazed she can manage to follow one breath with another, all on her own.  I'm also quite surprised she still has the job after day one. 

I'm pretty sure this is one of Freeper's moles... :lmao:
Vader Rules!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I'm no prophet, but I'm guessing she's not going to go beyond three feet past the city limits of Joplin before she's caught, and sent to a lunatic asylum by her sisters, who want only the best for her.

Which reminds me. We should soon have an update on UGP being warehoused by her sisters.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Which reminds me. We should soon have an update on UGP being warehoused by her sisters.

I hope so.

I haven't seen her lately.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I hope so.

I haven't seen her lately.

I think we'd have a news piece on Fox & Friends First at the end of "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" segment. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Perhaps this is purely anecdotal -

But I realized that I haven't seen a gas station with a 'Pump First' policy in at least a decade. If this is true nationwide, I can't see how its possible for any of the 'mistakes' described to happen.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Perhaps this is purely anecdotal -

But I realized that I haven't seen a gas station with a 'Pump First' policy in at least a decade. If this is true nationwide, I can't see how its possible for any of the 'mistakes' described to happen.

Casey's convenience stores allow "pump first", at least in Kansas.

Casey's stores also have lots and lots of surveillance cameras.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Casey's convenience stores allow "pump first", at least in Kansas.

Casey's stores also have lots and lots of surveillance cameras.

Ditto for Nebraska, as do places other than Casey's.

Where I keep the books, the policy is this, since the surveillance cameras although good, aren't sharp enough to catch license-plate numbers (the cameras after all have to cover a lot of space):

"Pump and then pay" is okay if the clerk knows the customer, or if it's a vehicle with a company name painted on it, after which there's a whole lot of grey area where the clerk has to make his own judgement, and then:

Out-of-state license plates and "in transit" stickers (rather than license-plates) are mandatory pay-first.

No one around here seems to have a whole lot of problems, especially since the primitives likely to try it are few, and known.
apres moi, le deluge