Author Topic: undergroundfreakshow breaks a paw and tells a bouncy  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
undergroundfreakshow breaks a paw and tells a bouncy
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022379753

undergroundpanther (11,372 posts)

I broke my freakin' arm saying happy valentines day to a republican.
Yesterday I was talking politics outside the 7-11with a very republican looking guy .He told me he didn't like Obama but was vague as to why. His thinking was liberal but he feared communism and all the sort of shit republicans are told to fear, he bemoaned the taxes,yadda yadda,but he also supported universal health care,gun control and the rich paying their fair share,though he was cynical gun control would help gun violence. He was not rude or defensive about my questions,but he also was jaded about the public.He said he used to be more idealistic in his youth, but believed idealistic people were too few in number to change things in this country in a meaningful way.I explained why he might be very wrong about that,explained a conservative county like this one isn't the best model for the rest of the country and fox news isn't news,and he begrudgingly agreed with me,that the news is skewed and this county is a limited example. We had a good 20 minute conversation,me in my turquoise Mohawk and he in his khakis and short graying hair.He seemed to have given up on many of his old beliefs,and that made me happy inside. I wished him a happy valentine's day. .I turned to head home and tripped in the parking lot over a small raised part of the cement,and bang I hit the ground and my arm got it. I laid there a minute waiting for the pain to subside before I got up,and the republican guy I was talking to and another guy in the parking lot helped me get up and they got me ice and were very kind about helping me up.I walked home and by time I hit the door it was definite I had broken my arm.It ****ing' huuurrt.
I went to a patient first type urgent care place,xrays showed the radius was a clean break right through it and they splinted my arm sent me home. Today I go to the doc,probably will be in a cast for who knows how long. I am very thankful for medicaid,and I fear for people who in my situation would not be able to get their arm fixed,and would just muddle through.We really need universal health care. And yesterday a Republican agreed with me on that!

And I thought cats always landed on their feet.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: undergroundfreakshow breaks a paw and tells a bouncy
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »
taxes,yadda yadda,but he also supported universal health care,gun control and the rich paying their fair share,though he was cynical gun control would help gun violence. He was not rude or defensive about my questions,but he also was jaded about the public.He said

The space bar on her keyboard must have a bunch of Cheeto dust and cat hair stuck under it because it does not seem to be working all the time.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
Damn.

Foiled again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
Quote from:
undergroundpanther

I turned to head home and tripped in the parking lot over a small raised part of the cement,and bang I hit the ground and my arm got it.

:rotf:

I'd have paid a whole quarter to have seen that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:56 AM »
Wonder if the free to it doctors told it that a human arm can`t take 457 lbs falling on it?

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »
Watch out 7-11!! Lawsuit coming your way.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:49:47 AM »
Well, what of the bouncy, folks?  Personally, I don't believe it.  I don't believe someone could stand looking at that for 20 minutes.  Not of his own free will, anyway.  I guess she gets a point for placing the tableau in a convenience store.  Old School.  

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:04:46 AM »
What a load of cat shit.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
It's not true. Didn't see it on youtube, so it didn't happen.  :-)

He was a "Republican LOOKING guy." What does a Republican look like?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
He was a "Republican LOOKING guy." What does a Republican look like?

I've seen other primitives use that phrase before, not just the crazy cat.

Basically it's anyone who practices personal hygene, wears clothing that's been washed, who's not high or drunk on something, that can form complete sentences, who doesn't have permanent cheeto dust on their fingers, who lives somewhere other than in their parents basement or without public assistance, and who takes responsibility for their own actions and place in life.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
I believe she/he/cat went to the 7-11. I believe she broke her arm. The belief ends there.

She sits at home and draws a check claiming that she can't work. Maybe her stumble was really God finally deciding to, at least briefly, make an honest woman/man/cat out of her.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »
Wonder if the free to it doctors told it that a human arm can`t take 457 lbs falling on it?

Human?  We are talking about undergroundpanther here.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »
Didn't happen. Doubt if UP could type that much blather with a broken arm.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 01:58:35 PM »
What a load of cat shit.

subway cat

""
"That's my story, and I'm sticking to it."
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022379753

And I thought cats always landed on their feet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If she would have been walking on all fours like real cats, this would not have happened!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:41 PM »
A very republican looking guy

What exactly does that look like. I wonder when it wants republicans to start wearing a scarlet R or an elephant on their clothing.

I think UGP I a narco seeker. It always seems to end up in the ER in pain all the time.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »
What exactly does that look like. I wonder when it wants republicans to start wearing a scarlet R or an elephant on their clothing.

I think UGP I a narco seeker. It always seems to end up in the ER in pain all the time.

Yeah, I can see that.  'Give me my fix!'
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
Wonder how much 7-11 had to pay to fix the crater it left in the parking lot?
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »
supported universal health care,gun control and the rich paying their fair share

At the risk of getting BSed, I gotta say that that sound like most northeast Republican politico's. Not all of the voters mind you, but enough to vote the RINO's into power.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »
I believe she/he/cat went to the 7-11. I believe she broke her arm. The belief ends there.

She sits at home and draws a check claiming that she can't work. Maybe her stumble was really God finally deciding to, at least briefly, make an honest woman/man/cat out of her.

It follows the standard conversion bouncy template, right down to the "republican" conversion and DUmmy talking points. No bongs.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »

Indeed what does a Republican look like BEG.   If you met my hubby or youngest son, first thought would be Hippie. Indeed, everyone in my family, except Mom has tats, pierced ears, male and female.

We all have our marrying and burying suits and dresses in the closet,  Yup we can dress for any occasion.

All my family including Hubby with his waist length pony tail, tats and pierced ear are Conservative, none of us have purple hair but would not surprise me if one of the grand kids under 16 did.

Never can tell, I had a cousin that made a fortune in the Merchant Marine, graduated from the Academy, he when home with a wife and two kids rode about on his Harley, long hair blowing in the breeze, usually with one of his kids on the back.   One big, big Conservative, a deacon in his church, and one that rolled their own.   Was that tobacco or pot he was smoking??

Never can tell by looks or dress what is going on in the mind of a stranger or even those closest to you.

So someone with purple hair comes up to me to start a conversation on politics, either the person is stoned or nuts, ----run away, run away.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
Wow, that's almost lucid for UGP. Maybe she has new meds and they're working.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
What exactly does that look like.

Clean cut, doesn't smell like ass, and shaved within the last three days.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
Clean cut, doesn't smell like ass, and shaved within the last three days.

Smelling like ass would only apply to the DUmmy males. Their females smell like. . .
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.