Author Topic: Take That, Chick-fil-A: NYC Restaurant to Donate to Marriage Equality USA  (Read 5037 times)

Offline Kyle Ricky

Apparently there's a couple of them in Manhattan.

$9 for a chicken sandwich from a "fast food" place?  Yeah, I'll pass.

They probably jack the price so they have money to donate to the DNC and Gay rights committees ...

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
They probably jack the price so they have money to donate to the DNC and Gay rights committees ...

No, actually, NYC is THAT expensive.  They charge $5-6 for a basic cheeseburger.  That's probably a loss leader there, given the sky-high rents, taxes, kickbacks to contractors/inspectors/Bloomberg, etc.

Yeah, I really want to be in a city where I can't see more than a few blocks in any direction, where a beer costs $7 at "Happy Hour" to $14/pack for smokes (and I don't even smoke.)

Oh, and parking your car costs $40/day.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Kyle Ricky

No, actually, NYC is THAT expensive.  They charge $5-6 for a basic cheeseburger.  That's probably a loss leader there, given the sky-high rents, taxes, kickbacks to contractors/inspectors/Bloomberg, etc.

Yeah, I really want to be in a city where I can't see more than a few blocks in any direction, where a beer costs $7 at "Happy Hour" to $14/pack for smokes (and I don't even smoke.)

Oh, and parking your car costs $40/day.

Yeah, there is no way I would live there. I can see why a lot of people who work there live in Connecticut, Long Island, or New Jersey.

Offline Karin

This is a private business, they can do whatever they want with their money and operate under whatever philosophy they care to.  This concerns me not in the least.  

Frank, I agree.  They really need to fix the signage (especially in the word "quality").  Pet peeve of mine.  The Burger King here had on their sign:

NEW
BBQ MENU

The N slipped off, and it now says

EW

It's been days.  If you were the manager, wouldn't you fix stuff like that right away?

Ok, I'll say it. The name Schnipper's sounds the ghey.

Thank you.  It's also a silly, stupid name, and I wouldn't go in just for that.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
The right for queers to marry is going to be a part of the official DNC platform this year.  Butt sex for all.
Well the democrats have been ****ing the taxpayers in the Ass for as long as I can remember, it is about time they officially add it as a plank to their party platform.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
This is a private business, they can do whatever they want with their money and operate under whatever philosophy they care to.  This concerns me not in the least.  

Frank, I agree.  They really need to fix the signage (especially in the word "quality").  Pet peeve of mine.  The Burger King here had on their sign:

NEW
BBQ MENU

The N slipped off, and it now says

EW

It's been days.  If you were the manager, wouldn't you fix stuff like that right away?

Thank you.  It's also a silly, stupid name, and I wouldn't go in just for that.
I passed by a Taco Cabana last weekend, their marquee announced “Try our new STAKE Asedero Tacos.” Oy.  :whatever:

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

Good eatin'! 

Offline Airwolf

Doesn't mean much in the great scheme of things when compared to the real problems facing the country. Libs are all about feelings and not dealing with those problems anyway so it seems.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Just heard on Rush's show that the Chick Fil A buycott was so successful that they ran out of breakfast by 9:30AM and had to start serving lunch!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
RT @credisdeum: @michellemalkin so many ppl at chick fil a in wake forest nc, police directing traffic
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Chick Fil A Cincinnati Ohio:

Offline VivisMom

I just came from taking the girls to lunch at our local CFA, and it was getting crazy (I went early to avoid the lunch rush.) Long lines, no open tables, big line at the drive thru when we left.

Yup. CFA is toast. This DEFINITELY has legs.  :panic:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
:lmao:

GayPatriot ‏@GayPatriot

It's A Festivus Miracle!!!!! RT @mosesmosesmoses: OMG, they serve gay people? RT @GayPatriot: I'm at Chick-fil-A (Charlotte, NC)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
I just came from taking the girls to lunch at our local CFA, and it was getting crazy (I went early to avoid the lunch rush.) Long lines, no open tables, big line at the drive thru when we left.

Yup. CFA is toast. This DEFINITELY has legs. :panic:

I wish we had 1 around here.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Rush reporting traffic jams at the Chick Fil A's a quarter mile long in some places!

Offline Karin

I sent them a quick note of support. 

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Apparently there's a couple of them in Manhattan.

$9 for a chicken sandwich from a "fast food" place?  Yeah, I'll pass.

Uhhh, yeah.  At that price, I couldn't care less if Palin recommended it.  Now, if Ronaldus ate there?

Well......

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
I passed by a Taco Cabana last weekend, their marquee announced “Try our new STAKE Asedero Tacos.” Oy. 
At the continental breakfast in a motel, I saw two pitchers of milk. One was labelled "2% milk". The other said "hole milk".

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Rush reporting traffic jams at the Chick Fil A's a quarter mile long in some places!

Gawd......this is turning into an epic fail.

I'm lovin' it!

Plus, DNC platform for approved buttsex for all?

:fuelfire:

Let 'er burn!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Kyle Ricky

The Chick-Fil-A appreciation day is going good. I love it.

Offline Kyle Ricky

I am looking at Mike Huckabees facebook page. His is posting pics from all over the country. It is unreal with how long the lines are. Wow. I am loving it!

Here is his facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Here are the pics from Facebook :lmao:

Kansas City

Parking for the Chick Fil A which is up the road from this photo in South Carolina

Tyler Texas

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Reports coming in that some Wendys locations have signs up telling people to go to Chick Fil A! :lmao:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re the photos, around here Chik-fil-A restaurants were mobbed like that at lunchtime even before they came out against sodomy.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Reports coming in that some Wendys locations have signs up telling people to go to Chick Fil A! :lmao:

I heard Rush say that. That is great!