Author Topic: The Charge of the Light-Weight brigade  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: The Charge of the Light-Weight brigade
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 11:50:32 AM »
Added 50 HI5's to your account and BS'd myself 50. My bad, man. I was reading on Tapatalk.  :thatsright:

It's now 51 BSs for you.  :tongue:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
It's now 51 BSs for you.  :tongue:

I deserve it. I meant every word of it, just directed towards idiots like Taverner. If I'd have seen the +6/-1 on ADs rep, I'd have figured out he was responding to Taverner's dumb ass, but I can't see hi5's/BS's on Tapa and wasn't too familiar with ADs. I ASSumed poorly.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »
I deserve it. I meant every word of it, just directed towards idiots like Taverner. If I'd have seen the +6/-1 on ADs rep, I'd have figured out he was responding to Taverner's dumb ass, but I can't see hi5's/BS's on Tapa and wasn't too familiar with ADs. I ASSumed poorly.  :-)

I can't speak for AD, but I imagine it's all good, people make mistakes.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

Reb--shit happens.  No worries.  Remember, God created only One Perfect Person--and look what happened to Him! :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »
Reb--shit happens.  No worries.  Remember, God created only One Perfect Person--and look what happened to Him! :cheersmate:

OK you two, I think I speak for everybody here.  Get a room.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »
OK you two, I think I speak for everybody here.  Get a room.

We're old commo soldiers (even though I was in two ACRs). :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
We're old commo soldiers (even though I was in two ACRs). :tongue:

Yeah, but I was an NCO. I worked for a living, "sir".   :nutkick:

Freeper, IIRC, was a choppa mechanic.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »

Yeah, I know.  Protect us LTs from ourselves.

Chase her.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
Yeah, I know.  Protect us LTs from ourselves.

A monumental task. :bolt:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:06 PM »

Freeper, IIRC, was a choppa mechanic.

Avionics actually, one time it was classified as signal, 35k I believe then when I was in it was 68n, I think it went back to 35K a couple years back though. So I was both signal and a rotor head.  :-)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

<-----Just that, nothing more.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »

<-----Just that, nothing more.

Might as well be singing the Air Force song. This is where it's at.

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
Now Airwolf, you know no old 101 Air Assault or Airborne Soldier can see that pic without thinking first of "Rendezvous with Destiny" before any other song!

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »

You give us the AZ we'll give you the EL.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »

You give us the AZ we'll give you the EL.

I was in the 11th at one point in time. 67th Signal Bn here at Gordon.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
Now Airwolf, you know no old 101 Air Assault or Airborne Soldier can see that pic without thinking first of "Rendezvous with Destiny" before any other song!

First word that comes to my mind is "Nuts!!!". ;-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »
I was in 11th when we had the east/west EAC. 63rd and 67th battalions at Gordon, 40th and 86th battalions at Huachuca. We'd have a sat shot on brigade exercises.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »

How true. I can't tell you how many times we had to hear it too.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
Might as well be singing the Air Force song. This is where it's at.
How did you get there?
Y'all didn't show up my way till late 67.  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
I was in 11th when we had the east/west EAC. 63rd and 67th battalions at Gordon, 40th and 86th battalions at Huachuca. We'd have a sat shot on brigade exercises.

Those were fun links to put in.  I was a team chief on a 93 van when orders came down for the Kingdom of Kuwait.  I requested Korea....

I still remember my first real problem as a leader.  One of my team members managed to get himself locked up in Mexico.  He drove across the border, for some reason, with his hunting rifle in the trunk of his car.  Nothing a $400 bribe didn't remedy.  He actually wondered why I was standing there with my hand out on pay day.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
Those were fun links to put in.  I was a team chief on a 93 van when orders came down for the Kingdom of Kuwait.  I requested Korea....

I still remember my first real problem as a leader.  One of my team members managed to get himself locked up in Mexico.  He drove across the border, for some reason, with his hunting rifle in the trunk of his car. Nothing a $400 bribe didn't remedy.  He actually wondered why I was standing there with my hand out on pay day.
You a nice man, Vag. Deserves one, one given.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
You a nice man, Vag. Deserves one, one given.

Lol, he just called you a Vag. Lol

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
Those were fun links to put in.  I was a team chief on a 93 van when orders came down for the Kingdom of Kuwait.  I requested Korea....

I still remember my first real problem as a leader.  One of my team members managed to get himself locked up in Mexico.  He drove across the border, for some reason, with his hunting rifle in the trunk of his car.  Nothing a $400 bribe didn't remedy.  He actually wondered why I was standing there with my hand out on pay day.

We had the 235th signal company in the 67th that did that Kuwait rotation. I was a 74G but worked as a 31F. Even had a certain asst. section sgt, and now best friend, get it on my AARTS transcript as cross-training in the TTC-39D(v)2. I was a team chief. This was when I was in B Co. They pulled me up to HHC to manage that POS BN CSCE, and all company CSCE's.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
Lol, he just called you a Vag. Lol
Der no "efs" in der, you stinkbug.
BS for being a stinkbug.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »
How true. I can't tell you how many times we had to hear it too.

Just be glad you weren't with 3ID.  In the 101st we only sang the Division song at special events, in 3ID we got to belt out 'Dog-Faced Soldier' every damned day at the Reveille PT formation, and as many other times a day as they could work it in.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.