Author Topic: Sorry, another post to throw in DUmmies face...  (Read 3503 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Sorry, another post to throw in DUmmies face...
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
LINK

Election 2012: Wisconsin President
Wisconsin: Romney 47%, Obama 44%

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Sorry, another post to throw in DUmmies face...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »
LINK

Unless Romney does something seriously horrible, this is going to be almost as ugly for the Dems as 1984--which coincidentally, is the last time WI went to the GOP.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
But, what about the exit polls, man?!?   :-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »
But, what about the exit polls, man?!?   :-)

TIA is that you?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/125145535

Marzupialis (147 posts)

Reality check: Things are looking ugly for November
Obama led in the May Reuters poll by 7%. His lead now shrank to 1%; and that's among RV, which judging by the fact that in the last 5 elections or so the likely voter sample has given Republicans a few extra points over Registered Vote samples, you can bet Romney is at least a bit ahead in the preferences. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2012/reuters_ipsos_0612.pdf

In Florida, Romney is now ahead 0.2%, or we could say things are tied. That's not good. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/fl/florida_romney_vs_obama-1883.html

The latest Michigan poll has Romney ahead. This poll is only an outlier if subsequent polls again give Obama an edge' so we cannot say whether it's an outlier or the beginning of a new trend; but judging by the trend, I have little doubt things are looking ugly in Michigan as well.

Florida is tied up.

The more realistic we are about the tough situation we're in, the harder we can fight in order to reverse the trend.

DCBob (12,562 posts)
1. I have noticed recently alot of DU newbies "warning" us about how bad things are.

curious.

cali (71,655 posts)
4. well, I'm not a newbie and I think we're in trouble.

coalition_unwilling (10,419 posts)
16. Oh please. There are many ways for Obama plausibly to reach 270 electoral votes, even

Last edited Wed Jun 13, 2012, 12:51 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
without Florida. Romney essentially has to run the table on the Undecided states to get to 270.

I notice you don't mention Ohio and that's because Obama is wiping the floor with Romney among undecided voters and it's all due to Bain.

The popular vote means little; the electoral vote is all.

?????????????

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

Mitt Romney has inched ahead of President Obama in Ohio, taking the lead in the key battleground state after the president has led there for several months.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Ohio Voters shows Romney with 46% support to Obama’s 44%. Six percent (6%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) remain undecided.

scheming daemons (20,035 posts)
19. welcome to DU, and thanks for your concern ::)

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
The popular vote means little; the electoral vote is all.

Well that is quite a turn around from DUmmie thinking in the past.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
The closer we get to the election, the more Romney will gain and pull away. It is going to be a beautiful thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
Well that is quite a turn around from DUmmie thinking in the past.

I knew someone was going to point that out :lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
scheming daemons (20,035 posts)
19. welcome to DU, and thanks for your concern

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

Mitt Romney has inched ahead of President Obama in Ohio, taking the lead in the key battleground state after the president has led there for several months.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Ohio Voters shows Romney with 46% support to Obama’s 44%. Six percent (6%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) remain undecided.

Keep telling yourselves nothing is going on, nothing to see, move along....

November is going to be delicious.

C.S. Lewis

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:54:52 PM »
Obama is likely maxed out in his support.  Everyone has now observed his action while in the oval office and made a decision, for good or ill.  Hopey Changey isn't going to be working this time around.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if all Dummies were this cute & fuzzy?  And, we could make hats out of them

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:10 PM »
LINK

Oh sorry BEG--I posted this in Elections and hadn't seen you'd posted it here.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
Oh sorry BEG--I posted this in Elections and hadn't seen you'd posted it here.

No problem, we can discuss it more seriously in your thread. Here we can just dance around singing "la la lalalala...la la la la la".

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
Latest Electoral Map:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/

I took a look at 2004 and Kerry only won 17 states. That isn't much. Looking at it for Obama, he is only guaranteed 14 this time around. There three lean towards him, and nine that are swing. I don't think it looks good for him. His main thing is going to have to try and win the states with the high delegate counts. But I don't think that would even help him.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »
I took a look at 2004 and Kerry only won 17 states. That isn't much. Looking at it for Obama, he is only guaranteed 14 this time around. There three lean towards him, and nine that are swing. I don't think it looks good for him. His main thing is going to have to try and win the states with the high delegate counts. But I don't think that would even help him.

We got a respectable deligate count down here in TX.  He would be wise to pour a s***load of money into TX & sweep to victory.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
We got a respectable deligate count down here in TX.  He would be wise to pour a s***load of money into TX & sweep to victory.

In 2004 and 2008, Texas went to the republican. The state is also gated to go the republican this year as well. Can you blame it? Texas is a great state with some great people. People who know the right direction this country should go :)

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »
In 2004 and 2008, Texas went to the republican. The state is also gated to go the republican this year as well. Can you blame it? Texas is a great state with some great people. People who know the right direction this country should go :)

Did I need a sarc tag?  For all our local county & city offices we only have one dem even running (sheriff) & he's dead meat.  I just wanted him to spend a bunch of money in TX.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »
Tell me, which states did McCain carry in 2008 that the Magic One can hope to take this time around?

That's the base where Romney's starting from, and it's a pretty solid base.

The Magic One has to carry what he carried in 2008, because he's not likely to gain any new ones.

Well, he's behind in some states he carried in 2008.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
Did I need a sarc tag?  For all our local county & city offices we only have one dem even running (sheriff) & he's dead meat.  I just wanted him to spend a bunch of money in TX.

Are you talking about Obama or Romney? If it is Obama, that would be awesome. Spend all that money there and lose the state. I would love that.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

I've always been proud of the fact that when both Nebraska and Texas combine in a presidential election, we together provide the (R) candidate with 1/8th of the electoral votes needed, to win.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
Tell me, which states did McCain carry in 2008 that the Magic One can hope to take this time around?

That's the base where Romney's starting from, and it's a pretty solid base.

The Magic One has to carry what he carried in 2008, because he's not likely to gain any new ones.

Well, he's behind in some states he carried in 2008.

You can look at the historical data of the map to see that. It shows it for both 2008 and 2004. McCain carried, I believe, 22 states in 2008?

Here is the map: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
You can look at the historical data of the map to see that. It shows it for both 2008 and 2004. McCain carried, I believe, 22 states in 2008?

Here is the map: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/

And again, my question: which states did McCain win in 2008 that the Magic One can win in 2012?

None, and he's already lost that one electoral vote he got from Nebraska, much to our shame and humiliation.

On the flip side, which states did the Magic One win in 2008 that are now at risk?
apres moi, le deluge