Author Topic: nadins smelly vest  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: nadins smelly vest
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
I had a Brownie camera as a kid that took better pics than Nad's "good rig" . . .

That was my first camera, too.  :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
^Ah the memories of brownies when I was a boy scout.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »
Me too.

I find it very difficult to believe a man who once bore so much solemn responsibility would put up with a wife who makes him look stupid by association.

I'm not as sure as I used to be, but I'm still sort of sure Tom has no idea what nadin's up to.

He's getting credit on her latest garbage, maybe he thinks he can ride the nadin train to fame and fortune. http://eastcountymagazine.org/search/node/Nadin%20Abbott

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
He's getting credit on her latest garbage, maybe he thinks he can ride the nadin train to fame and fortune. http://eastcountymagazine.org/search/node/Nadin%20Abbott

Thanks for the link.  I've been asking if she actually published somewhere. Now I find she is working for a prestigious almost nationally recognized publication.  Kudos to Nadin, I am impressed.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 11:02:07 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I've been asking if she actually published somewhere. Now I find she is working for a prestigious almost nationally recognized publication.  Kudos to Nadin, I am impressed.

She is also featured at the OB Rag

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »

Sounds too much like a feminine hygene product.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:42 AM »

I'm doubly impressed.  The combined circulation of these publishing giants must be in the hundreds.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
I'm doubly impressed.  The combined circulation of these publishing giants must be in the hundreds.
Fish wrappers, and bird cage liners can be recycled. Sustainability of course.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »
Our team:  ECM has published works by numerous award-winning writers including Jamie Reno, E.A. Barrera, Gayle Early, Richard Darvas, Jeremy Los, Joseph Rocha, Miriam Raftery, and others.  Our team includes professional journalists as well as numerous community volunteers, college interns, and award-winning photographers and videographers.

Additional acknowledgments: Our team includes many other talented freelance writers, journalists, columnists, interns, and community volunteers. We are also grateful to the many professional photographers, citizens, community groups and emergency workers who provide photos to help make East County Magazine the most comprehensive media start-up in San Diego’s eastern region. In addition, we thank our talented webmaster, Mike Tentor at DiegoNet, as well as our many subscribers, donors, and community sponsors. Finally, we extend our heartfelt gratitude to Viejas Fire, Cal Fire, Heartland Fire, Incident Page Network, San Diego Sheriff’s Department, El Cajon Fire Department, La Mesa Fire Department, San Miguel Fire, and the many emergency responders and emergency reporting services that help support and provide content for our Viejas Wildfire & Emergency Alert Service.

Hmmmm, I don't see Nadin listed here in the credits.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »

I looked at the article Nadin "wrote", then at one comment after the article.

Nadin June 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm

It was attended. At it’s height, 250-300 people. Given families of some of the acts ca,e as well, this was not just Occupy. They organized it, but it was not just Occupiers.

All I can say is that any article Nadin has "published" must include some heavy edits.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
Hmmmm, I don't see Nadin listed here in the credits.
Sure she is.
Her by-line is.....
community volunteer
:-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 05:23:35 PM »
I had a Brownie camera as a kid that took better pics than Nad's "good rig" . . .

Wow. I had one of those when I was a kid, too. Brings back memories <snif>.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
Quote from: Big Dog
Wow. I had one of those when I was a kid, too. Brings back memories <snif>.
Dats ok, bd. Quickly moving the rag from the crouch area.
You da man.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 05:20:09 AM »
I dunno what drives nadin to even think she's getting Life magazine-quality photographs from her expensive "big rig."

Myself, I loathe and detest cameras, and buy one about oh, once every five years, just to take photographs of the cats, and some of my by-chance photographs of the cats look better, capturing something of their soul.  It's by accident, of course.

I think nadin would simplify her life greatly by discarding all the junk she carries around, and simply the next time she goes to "cover" something, stopping first at the convenience store to buy three or four $5 disposable cameras.

Reminds me that the best photos I have ever taken were with a waterproof throw a way.

Someone mentioned never hearing a Pro talk about their gear.  I did and it confused the heck out of me.

Some time early 1970's at a party the host a young Officer was telling me he was going up North to the red woods with his Cannon and shoot the trees.

Yah I know I have not really changed that much in all these years.

I blearted out " Why on earth would you want to do that"  ?

Poor guy, tells me he wants to go into photography some day.    Now I am really confused.

Hubby comes over to sit next to me and I whisper to him, this friend of yours is not right in the head.   Now there were 3 totally confused people, the Host, me and Hubby. 

So Hubby wants to know why I would think such a thing-------So I tell him that this weekend his friend was going to blow up some Red Woods then take pictures of the damage.

Hubby casually asks the Host about his weekend plans and the Host says more or less what he had told me.  He left the room for a minute or so and came back with his new very expensive camera with a bag of different lenses one had to have weighed 5 pounds big sucker.

AH the ignorance of youth, and the folly of people trying to impress others with their hobby's and using terms outside the listeners knowledge.