Author Topic: Another "We're too polite" thread  (Read 884 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Another "We're too polite" thread
« on: June 07, 2012, 06:38:14 AM »
PCIntern (12,444 posts)

You sure have to hand it to the Rethug fascists...

they sure have a lot of balls, and if you're weak-kneed, politically-correct, polite, willing to listen and attempt to understand the other side's POV, willing to negotiate, willing to accept blame, willing to admit mistakes, willing to concede defeat, then they wouldn't want you. Sorry folks, we lose these kinds of battles exactly because we won't use the term "LIAR!" when they actually do lie (which is always), won't directly confront them without mealy-mouthed explanations for our statements which completely undemine our premises, such as "although my esteemed colleague etc. etc.", and won't call a spade a bloody shovel as one of my professors used to say - repeatedly. Yes yes, those folks on the ground often do these things, but the "spokespeople" for our party are just so *******ed nice and jovial all the time it makes me queasy. What we need are good-looking versons of James Carville sans the creepy wife/cryptofascist who will speak in whole sentences which are short, to the point, and filled with words that average Americans respond to, and say what is going on.

Oh yes, and one more thing...a certain path to victory lies in doing exactly the opposite of whatever Bob Shrum says to do. He's actually a valuable resource since he's always exactly wrong - like a Bizarro version of Cassandra or the Seinfeld episode where Jason Alexander does the opposite of what his instincts tell him to do and winds up with the perfect job with the NY Yankees.

I'm almost out of strength having tried to fight politically for almost 50 years and now I'm witnessing the imminent demise of trade unions, of public education, of assistance to the needy, of sentimentality, of the culture in general. We have become isolated by our technology inasmuch as face-to-face interaction has been minimized...Hell, people won't even talk on the phone anymore, they just text. No conversation necessary, just put on your earbuds and while away the day...

Makes me ill.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002780090

"War on Women"

"Bring back Jim Crowe"

"Want you dead."

"The Tea Party can g straight to Hell"

"lynching"

"homophobe"

"They don't like a black man in the White House"

"Seamus"

"Because he was gay"

"Beacause he was black"

"was executed"

"Punch back twice as hard"

"Call out the 101st"

"Kill Scott Walker"

"****"

"No reason to apologize"

"****ing pigs"

"Fascists"

"Stole the election"

"**** America"

"Burn it down"

"They died for corporations"

"Killing innocents"

"immoral profits"

"make slaves of us"

"kill us off"

"preaching hate"

"Teahadists"

"American Taliban"
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: Another "We're too polite" thread
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:17:02 AM »
How can they be so damned blind to the hate that gets posted there everyday?  The next time they make an honest attempt to understand the conservative POV will be the first time.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:23:09 AM »
the "spokespeople" for our party are just so *******ed nice and jovial all the time
Needs a whole new list.  :rotf:
Jackson
Sharpton
Maher
Mathews
Shultsie
Lee
Boxer
etc etc

spell edit
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:33:11 AM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:25:37 AM »
How can they be so damned blind to the hate that gets posted there everyday?

It's not hate to them.

It's your fault because you provoked them.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »
PCIntern (12,444 posts)

You sure have to hand it to the Rethug fascists...

they sure have a lot of balls, and if you're weak-kneed, politically-correct, polite, willing to listen and attempt to understand the other side's POV, willing to negotiate, willing to accept blame, willing to admit mistakes, willing to concede defeat, then they wouldn't want you.

Goldy, silvery, irony.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 07:35:11 AM »
willing to concede defeat
Reading any DUmp thread late Tuesday evening will disprove that statement.  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
It's not hate to them.

It's your fault because you provoked them.

The winnah! :thumbs:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 12:28:12 PM »
PCIntern (12,444 posts)

Sorry folks, we lose these kinds of battles exactly because we won't use the term "LIAR!" when they actually do lie (which is always), won't directly confront them without mealy-mouthed explanations for our statements which completely undemine our premises, such as "although my esteemed colleague etc. etc.", and won't call a spade a bloody shovel as one of my professors used to say - repeatedly. Yes yes, those folks on the ground often do these things, but the "spokespeople" for our party are just so *******ed nice and jovial all the time it makes me queasy.

You know what, DUmbass, I think you may be onto something.  I do believe you should just let it all out, scream in people's faces, make as much of a nuisance of yourself as you possibly can to get your point across.  And if nobody listens, I think you should round up as many people as possible to block traffic, threaten those who disagree with you, deface property, intimidate, spread disease, suck up resources, and just make life in general a pain in the ass for civilized people who just want to live in peace.

That should do the trick, that should work out great for you. 

Oh, wait a minute, didn't you already do that?   :whatever:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 12:32:19 PM »
If your opinion isn't being accepted, it's because the volume of your message is too low.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002780090

"War on Women"

"Bring back Jim Crowe"

"Want you dead."

"The Tea Party can g straight to Hell"

"lynching"

"homophobe"

"They don't like a black man in the White House"

"Seamus"

"Because he was gay"

"Beacause he was black"

"was executed"

"Punch back twice as hard"

"Call out the 101st"

"Kill Scott Walker"

"****"

"No reason to apologize"

"****ing pigs"

"Fascists"

"Stole the election"

"**** America"

"Burn it down"

"They died for corporations"

"Killing innocents"

"immoral profits"

"make slaves of us"

"kill us off"

"preaching hate"

"Teahadists"

"American Taliban"
Looks like a good start to a DUmp bingo game. Each phrase gets a square and during the next big rant/thread we whip out our cards and see who gets 5 in a row 1st.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »
PCJanitor

we lose these kinds of battles exactly because we won't use the term "LIAR!" when they actually do lie (which is always)

The janitor contradicts himself before he finishes the sentence.

That whole screed was very difficult to read.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »
they sure have a lot of balls, and if you're weak-kneed, politically-correct, polite, willing to listen and attempt to understand the other side's POV, willing to negotiate, willing to accept blame, willing to admit mistakes, willing to concede defeat, then they wouldn't want you

Really? Our "Higher Edjumauckation" sure dosn't teach that.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-zz1HwxIjg[/youtube]
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »
Looks like the Bouncy Tooth Teller is delusional. I wonder if he's married to Morgan Fairchild.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
DUmmies, you're as polite as a chainsaw to the face. Your outright lying, rioting, smearing, threatening and violence is the complete opposite of what you claim to be. How's the weather over there in bizzaro-world?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me