Author Topic: It's Refreshing - I'm Seeing A Number Of Signs Out There Signaling A Economic  (Read 941 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
global1

It's Refreshing - I'm Seeing A Number Of Signs Out There Signaling A Economic Recovery.......

Has anyone noticed - I've passed by a lot of businesses that have signs up outside that say HELP WANTED or WE'RE HIRING.

Also - many commercial buildings (real estate) that were left vacant as a result of business going under since 2008 are now being re-birthed and new business are starting up in them.

Restaurants are busy and crowded again. Shopping malls are teeming with people - and they actually are carrying bags of items that they bought. Movie houses are busy as people are starting to venture out and take in some of the latest movies being released.

Gas prices seemed to have leveled off and are going down. A couple of weeks ago I paid $4.49/gal at a Speedway gas station - last night I filled up my tank and it was $4.05/gal.

I live in the Chicago area and this is what I'm seeing. Is this happening in other parts of the country or is this something just happening here?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002564838

If Bush was still in office you would be complaining that they are nothing but McJobs, low paying non union blah blah blah.

elleng
1. Trends definitely positive, imo.

Will take time, of course, and many will continue to complain.

Buyer Confidence: Portent or Blip?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/realestate/buyer-confidence-portent-or-blip.html?_r=1

Just wait until Memorial day weekend when gas prices soar. Then in June we will hear how the economy unexpectedly tanked.  :whatever:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I wish there were more signs around that showed a reversal of the real wage deflation under owebuma.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Doubleplusungood

They are only preaching to the cognitively dissonant choir. Nobody else is buying it DUmb asses.  :bird:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh my.

Wasn't Baghdad Bob killed in action, or something?

Or is he still in this time and place, and hanging around on Skins's island?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Vagabond

Just wait until Memorial day weekend when gas prices soar. Then in June we will hear how the economy unexpectedly tanked.  :whatever:

Why is it that these quoted economists are always surprised by the economy.  How can supposedly smart people always be surprised by the unexpected?
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Given that DUmmies are invariably wrong on any economic issues, it sounds like I need to move everything remaining in my retirement plan from the S&P index fund option to the US Treasury bond fund option sometime in the next 60 days or so.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

Yep, it's RECOVERY SUMMER II!!!!!111!!!elebenty

You know what I see in a pretty well insulated town? 30% of downtown storefronts for rent or blank  But hey it's all good because the hotel tax is higher than they expected and higher than last year. You just have to forget that now with all this wonderful economic growth from King Barry we are almost, almost back up to 2002 levels.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!

Convincing people that were doing great under the Bush prosperity years that others were doing poorly because it was the worst economy since the great depression at 4.3% unemployment is easier than convincing them they are doing well when 8 years of wealth creation has been knocked out of household wealth in the last three years.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline obumazombie

Real wages have decreased dramatically under owebuma.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Lacarnut

I betcha those millions of unemployed who have raided their 401k or maxed out their credit cards or who are underwater on their mortgage are singing happy days are here again. Obama and the Democraps can go  :censored: themselves with those lies.   

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Restaurants, malls, and movie theaters have always been busy.

DUmpmonkey losers were never customers there in the first place.

From the height of the Great Bush Prosperity until now, I've not seen the slightest change in those places.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Oh my.

Wasn't Baghdad Bob killed in action, or something?

Or is he still in this time and place, and hanging around on Skins's island?

This reminded me of an old Photoshop I slapped together in 2008 --

Offline obumazombie

Baghdad Fwank ?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
This reminded me of an old Photoshop I slapped together in 2008 --

Another H5!  :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lmao: :rotf: :rofl:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Another H5!  :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lmao: :rotf: :rofl:

Thanks - I have a few old Photoshops in the Pictures and Photoshop forum -
Ive just been so busy, I haven't had time to crank any out in the last few years, and since I have been doing photo restoration, I get kinda sick of the process after a while.