Author Topic: DUmmies called out by one of their heroes Thom Hartman  (Read 3857 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies called out by one of their heroes Thom Hartman
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »
Poor old wallduded DUmmy Raven, sitting up there in Rindge, New Hampshire with nothing to do, since her big moonbat mouth got her fired from her city job, goes trolling for DUmp approval:
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 07:08 AM
Raven (10,191 posts)
Will these Justices consider the human tragedies
that will take place if they vote to nullify HCR? The impact on folks with pre-existing conditions, the kids on their parents' insurance policies, the older folks getting a break on prescription costs?

Do the Justices consider those things before they make their decision?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002483387   

Response to aptal (Reply #1)
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
atreides1 (9,233 posts) 

7. You do remember Citizens United, don't you?

What started out as a case about a movie that was in reality a political film, ended up opening our election process to the highest bidder...with few restrictions.

I wouldn't put it past the 4+1 to decide that the entire law is unconstitutional...but we'll have to wait and see what is decided.
It's beautiful to see the DUmpmonkeys so upset, but we're still a long way from restoring the damage to freedom done by the Warren Court.

Nevertheless, with Bush v. Gore, D.C. v. Heller, Citizens United, and now Muslim v. America, we've been on a good run.

Unfortunately, it will quickly evaporate if the muslim is re-elected and gets to put a couple more commies on the Court.

Response to Raven (Original post)
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 07:20 AM
Bonhomme Richard (6,980 posts)

6. Not a chance.

Their decision will be based solely on the law. That is, whatever legal precedent they can find to justify their personal political mindset.

Wed Mar 28, 2012, 07:33 AM
hlthe2b (39,586 posts)

10. I think it inherent that those justices that give a damn would--as far as the law allows...
Unfortunately, Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Roberts have already shown they don't give a damn about the repercussions so long as it advances their RW Federalist agenda. Kennedy might. He did end his questioning on the mandate with a comment/acknowledgement that health care was "different", so it is hopeful.

Wed Mar 28, 2012, 09:46 AM
Initech (30,990 posts)

14. No - there's only one thing that matters to them: $$$$$$

No amount of humanity will match our corporate masters' uncontrollable lust for profit.

www.electstevedawes.com

Offline jukin

Re: DUmmies called out by one of their heroes Thom Hartman
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
The projection is heavy in that thread.

What the SCOTUS is designed and mandated to perform under the Constitution is to use the Constitution to determine the Constitutionality of laws. They are not to be considering of anything else.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »

What the SCOTUS is designed and mandated to perform under the Constitution is to use the Constitution to determine the Constitutionality of laws. They are not to be considering of anything else.

I believe that Sotamayor had said something during her confirmation hearings that the effects on people should be considered.  She was wrong.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »
...long as it advances their RW Federalist agenda.

:panic:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
I believe that Sotamayor had said something during her confirmation hearings that the effects on people should be considered.  She was wrong.

If The Sooty Mayor goes against the hive on the vote there won't be enough pieces of DUmmy heads left to pick up after the explosion it would be so great. Talk about wailing and gnashing of teeth  :rofl:  Think of it.   :fuelfire:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »
Dictionary definition:
federalism
1. a union of states under a central government distinct from that of the separate states, who retain certain individual powers under the central government.

As for Raven, age 26 IS NOT A KID.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »

Raven (10,191 posts)

that will take place if they vote to nullify HCR? The impact on folks with pre-existing conditions, the kids on their parents' insurance policies, the older folks getting a break on prescription costs?

Probably no more than a rich bitch who had to do nothing more than **** for her dinner considers her own status before she tries to pretend to be an advocate for the "poor".

I think, though, we should consult the Senate for their opinion:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU[/youtube]

:-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »

Wed Mar 28, 2012, 07:33 AM

hlthe2b (39,586 posts)

Unfortunately, Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Roberts have already shown they don't give a damn about the repercussions so long as it advances their RW Federalist agenda.

As opposed to what, mouth breather?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

Hey, it's a living document...........it can mean anything a DUmmy wants it to mean.

Yeesh, get with the programming.   
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »

For the life of me, I don't understand why the Repubs don't treat DemonRat liberal appointees like they do ours!

Neither one of these liberal FemiNazis should ever have seen the light of day, let alone be appointed for a lifetime to the highest court in the land!

Makes me ill just thinkin' about it!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
I believe that Sotamayor had said something during her confirmation hearings that the effects on people should be considered.  She was wrong.

But, some of the watchers of the procedings were surprised that Sotomayor seemed to be going after the government.

As of right now,  3:42 PM EDT, they have voted.  The decision won't come out until June, but if what I heard yesterday is correct, they've already voted on it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
For the life of me, I don't understand why the Repubs don't treat DemonRat liberal appointees like they do ours!

Neither one of these liberal FemiNazis should ever have seen the light of day, let alone be appointed for a lifetime to the highest court in the land!

Makes me ill just thinkin' about it!

Imagine what the court would now look like if AlGore had won in 2k.  That ought to wake ya up in a cold sweat.  Elections have conseqences...now where have I heard that phrase before?

And that is why this may well be the last election of a free people.  Really.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 03:10:29 PM »
Kinda surprised that the Dummies haven't suggested expanding the size of the supreme court like FDR tried to.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »
Raven (10,191 posts)

NJ can actually be referred to as Obamalite, my insurance agent said we basically have Obamacare in NJ now, what has it resulted in? for us a 19% increase this year on our premiums, I had to up the deductible so high to get the payments lower. If I kept the old plan? it was only a couple of hundred dollars less than my mortgage payment. NJ's healthcare laws resulted in companies leaving the State, to the point of only having a few choices available to us, and Doctors dropping plans like Cigna, Aetna and United Healthcare, I checked the various plans and my Doctors don't participate in a majority of the plans out there. Doctors in NJ have even pulled out of the biggest in the State Horizon BCBS. Yes, changes need to be made in Healthcare, but Obamacare isn't it, just look at NJ as an example.

You guys are foolish if you think "Medicare" for all will result in the utopia you dream of, it'll result in more of the have-nots as opposed to haves, employers will say screw it and drop their employers onto the laps of the Government, and yes, laugh all you want, but there'll be death panels too, but it'll be given a fancy new name.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »

The same Sotomayor whose brother is a Doctor and doesn't accept Medicare or Medicaid Patients.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »
But, some of the watchers of the procedings were surprised that Sotomayor seemed to be going after the government.

As of right now,  3:42 PM EDT, they have voted.  The decision won't come out until June, but if what I heard yesterday is correct, they've already voted on it.

I would not doubt if Sotomayor was doing that to give herself political cover to say that she judged on the basis of fact and not ideology.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
The same Sotomayor whose brother is a Doctor and doesn't accept Medicare or Medicaid Patients.

I did not know that.   :cheersmate:

She may be a wised up Latina indeed.   :naughty:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »

As of right now,  3:42 PM EDT, they have voted.  The decision won't come out until June, but if what I heard yesterday is correct, they've already voted on it.

They may have voted, but it will take the lib judges a month of Sundays in order to write briefs, 'splainin' how and why they are crappin' on our Constitution!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
It's only been a few short years, but, I seem to recall the three branches of govt. being summed up in one word for each.
Legislative -- establish
Executive -- enforce
Judicial -- interpret
Seems there was some silly notion of "balance of power" being involved.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
Agreed, thundley. 

I heard Susan Estrich tell Sean Hannity, on his radio show, that she expected both Justice Kennedy and Chief Roberts to vote to uphold the law.  It's a good thing I had parked by then, because I would have missed a turn from laughing too hard.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »
I would not doubt if Sotomayor was doing that to give herself political cover to say that she judged on the basis of fact and not ideology.

I'm appalled she didn't recuse herself! She has no business openin' her mouth on the subject! She has ruled against health insurance companies in the past! How the hell can she say she is neutral on the issue???

Liberals have no honor!

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
 ....in court today seems one of the lawyers wanted the judges to read the bill. One of the judges asked if he expected them to read the entire 2,700 pages. Then the judge said it would violate his 8 th amendment rights against cruel and unusual punishment.

Judge should have said, "Hell, Nancy Pelosei and congress didn't read it. Why should we?"
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »
The primitives, and libs in general, refuse to acknowledge that votes in favor of retaining Obamacare by Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagen were already in the bag before the case even came before the court.  Yet somehow, it's the "conservative" judges who aren't openminded.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002486546

Thom Hartmann spanked a couple of DU'ers today on his show -

http://www.thomhartmann.com/

The link to that part of the show isn't live yet - I heard it and it was quite informative..

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhG0qBQIgZw[/youtube]

cliffordu
2. I don't think it wise for me to

paraphrase what I heard......

Or name names...

It was pretty mild, mostly consisting of "READ THE CONSTITUTION!!!"

Although he DID mention a couple of people by name.

I don't remember if you were among the spanked.

No I haven't watched the video yet.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 10:13:36 PM »
Dude called out the DUmmies by name. :rofl:

Thom Hartmann reads DU... he must be one of those stalkers I heard about.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.