Author Topic: DUmmie asks, Will the USA elect a black president?  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
DUmmie asks, Will the USA elect a black president?
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »
Harper_is_Bush  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-02-08 10:05 PM
Original message
Do you seriously think the USA is going to elect a black president?

I'm all for it, but truthfully there is too much latent/covert racism in America for that to happen at this time.

We'd all like to think the US is that progressive, but I honestly don't think that's the case.

The USA psyche is still held hostage to racist stereotypes that will condemn an Obama nomination to failure, regardless of the quality or ability of the candidate.

Sorry to be telling you this, but it's the simple truth. If Obama wins the nomination, you will see at least another 4 years of rightwingers in the WH.

Um, seriously? If you wanna look at racism, look inwards. Your own party is full of'em. Hillary and her klan, pun intended, are known to squash any attempts of a black person moving up. Sorry, such is life.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: DUmmie asks, Will the USA elect a black president?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:34:29 PM »
Dummie says: Pot meet Kettle.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:10:56 AM »
Not voting for Obama has nothing to do with the color of his skin...rather, it has to do with his political stances.

I hate it when they pull the race card. 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »
So not voting for Obama is latent racism? I don't want a lib no matter their color...it's really that simple. I'm also not willing to play affirmative action with the highest(and most powerful) office in the nation(some would argue the world). Whoever sits up there better be damn well qualified to handle all that comes with it. It's not a place to play race politics.

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 09:01:59 AM »
If Colin Powell had run back in 96' or 00' I bet he'd have been elected.  Wouldn't that have just driven the dummies nuts.  The first black president being a Republican. :lmao:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:27 AM »
If Colin Powell had run back in 96' or 00' I bet he'd have been elected.  Wouldn't that have just driven the dummies nuts.  The first black president being a Republican. :lmao:

They are such liars. The don't want a conservative black president anymore then conservatives want a liberal black president. Notice the wild card...ideology ie the skin color is not the deciding factor. Libs are funny though :-)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:28:29 AM »
Not voting for Obama has nothing to do with the color of his skin...rather, it has to do with his political stances.

Yeah, when in doubt...its the same old crap coming from the same ol' crapper. They still want to cash in on white guilt  :beathorse:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:30:46 AM »

Yeah, when in doubt...its the same old crap coming from the same ol' crapper. They still want to cash in on white guilt  :beathorse:

Speaking of which, I read some law makers in New Jersey are pushing for the state to "formally" apologize for slavery. :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »

Speaking of which, I read some law makers in New Jersey are pushing for the state to "formally" apologize for slavery. :whatever:

Then they will be apologizing to the Irish and just about all the different peoples to ever root here in this country. And, I was told that most white people have black ancestry as well. I wouldn't be surprised.

What a silly thing to do. An apology isn't going to change squat. It won't change our history, and it has nothing to do with the people of today, including the apologists nor the recipients.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:47:14 AM »
Oh FFS DUmmies!!!  :banghead:I don't care what race the candidate is! I care about his policies!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »
I will vote for a conservative candidate, if he is black, then that's just coincidental. A great man said a long time ago that people would be "judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

When will DUmmies ever learn this?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
What's next?  Not voting for Hillary because she's a woman...and that's sexist.... :whatever:

DUmmies bring the hate card to the forefront every time.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
....but we've already had the first "black" President.  DUmmies got such short memories.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.