Author Topic: Security Theater... (nadinbrzezinski)  (Read 887 times)

Offline CC27

Security Theater... (nadinbrzezinski)
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:47:53 AM »
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jun-05-11 10:37 PM
Original message
Security Theater...

We were treated to another example of how much we engage in security theater. We went to visit family in Hawaii... and I used points to upgrade to First Class. I wanted to use points to buy the whole passage but red, tape from the airline... (not shocking or surprising either)

So here we are in FIRST CLASS... long flight... dinner time....

What do they give us? Well a menu, a nice offering of wines (we don't drink)... plenty of coffee, peanuts... you know what they used to do in coach.

But here is the piece d' resistance....

The fish... and hubby's pasta came in nice CHINA... we were given REAL glass ware... and nice, somewhat sharp... KNIVES... yep, all the things that you are not supposed to bring on board.

Given some of the 911 high jackers were on first class...

Now I will not go into how you could use all these things... suffice it to say we were well armed.

And yes been saving points for literally two decades... and when we go visit family I will try to use them to upgrade to FC or buy tickets.

She's here... cue the poltergeist music. WTF is she talking about? WTF is security theater?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1234689

Offline JakeStyle

Re: Security Theater... (nadinbrzezinski)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:12:51 AM »
This should clear it up:
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-06-11 12:16 AM
Response to Reply #10
12. Oh this was one more of those situations

Glasses, sure, we NEED to let you on... a cane... (need I say more about a potential weapon?) But these were provided. This is the ahem... limit of comedy.

Another airline, (got the upgrade) they served food in the same plastic trays they used to use in coach... and no glass, knives or china. That I COULD get... this... was really funny in a way.

And it is theater beyond the glasses by the way... lets just say there are things that are NOT done in the US that our neighbors sought of the border do that are NOT theater. They just cost a lot of money and ARE personnel intensive. I have felt much safer flying out of a Mexican Airport, even BEFORE 911.

:mental:

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
She's here... cue the poltergeist music. WTF is she talking about? WTF is security theater?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1234689

Security Theater is the DUmmie term for putting down the TSA efforts in passenger screening.

To some extent I agree with them since a few of the TSA regulations concerning carry-on items are silly.  For a time you couldn't bring lighters through security, but once you were on the other side you could go into any of the shops or bars and purchase lighters or get free matches.  I left a load of lighters at various airports and often wondered if there was a good money making opportunity that I missed.  Set up a kiosk at security and for 25 cents you give me your lighter, I give you a ticket that allows you pick up a used lighter at your destination.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:25 AM »
Security Theater is the DUmmie term for putting down the TSA efforts in passenger screening.

I thought it was an offshoot of MST 3000 . . .  :o :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:39:18 AM »
I thought it was an offshoot of MST 3000 . . .  :o :tongue:
It would probably be just as effective.  :(
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline CC27

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:40:57 AM »

To some extent I agree with them since a few of the TSA regulations concerning carry-on items are silly.  For a time you couldn't bring lighters through security, but once you were on the other side you could go into any of the shops or bars and purchase lighters or get free matches.  I left a load of lighters at various airports and often wondered if there was a good money making opportunity that I missed.  Set up a kiosk at security and for 25 cents you give me your lighter, I give you a ticket that allows you pick up a used lighter at your destination.

Thanks for clearing that up. With the DUmmies you never know which end is up. Security theater could have meant how to hide your pot in DUmmie speak.  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
Quote from:
nadinbrzezinski

lets just say there are things that are NOT done in the US that our neighbors sought of the border do that are NOT theater

Who knew that Mexicans were "our neighbors sought of the border"?  Yeah, they sought it alright, and find it a long time ago.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:47 AM »
First Class, even as an upgrade, is a ripoff if the plane has a Business Class section. It's nice, and you can lie down flatter to sleep on really long flights, but the price is exorbitant for the difference. Business is always a better deal unless someone else is paying, or if you're so wealthy and irresponsible that you don't mind wasting a few thousand dollars. If the flight is over three hours or so, and the plane doesn't have Business Class, then First Class makes more sense. Long haul flights almost always use equipment that includes Business Class.

The other purpose of First Class, which is why nutcase nadin mentions it prominently, is to impress people. It's great to rub the noses of unemployed, unemployable, and minimum wage DUmp democrats in your supposed affluence. Pam would love this post, if she were still with us.

I hope nadin got a real thorough pat down from the 'Murkin security.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »
If I really wanted to do someone harm there are tons of things on an airplane that I could use. That is what my first world military training taught me you stupid twat. :bird:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »
...I hope nadin got a real thorough pat down from the 'Murkin security.
Not a chance in hell, Sir.
Even TSA folks wouldn't want to touch that one. :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »

The other purpose of First Class, which is why nutcase nadin mentions it prominently, is to impress people. It's great to rub the noses of unemployed, unemployable, and minimum wage DUmp democrats in your supposed affluence. Pam would love this post, if she were still with us.

That was what came to my mind as to her real reason for posting her thread.  I'm sure she was wracking her pea brain from the time she upgraded to 1st class to somehow post this and show how "upper crust" she is.  She must has pissed her pants in glee when dinner was served with the aformentioned weapons of mass destruction  which gave her reason to create the post in the first place and gloat over how she got to fly with the grown ups in a big  shiny aero-plane.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
Hasn't DUmmie nadinletters posted multiple threads about her trip to Hawaii?  I recall one whining about her relatives and another about visiting some scenic place in Hawaii.

Offline beefeater

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
How about allowing the Captain of the aircraft to arm themselves and the crew and hold a Captains Mast for any trouble makers on the flight? I can imagine that a few low altitude plank walkings or even a keelhauling below a 757 would eliminate the need for the entire TSA.

As that SW airlines jet with the moonroof has shown, that old myth of Goldfinger getting sucked out of the window is bunk, a stray bullet wouldn't do that much damage for f*cks face.
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
It's hard to believe someone gave her a knife. And yes...I mean sharp or not sharp. With her vast knowledge think of all the things she could do with a knife. Even McGuyver is envious of nadin's knowledge.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
It's hard to believe someone gave her a knife. And yes...I mean sharp or not sharp. With her vast knowledge think of all the things she could do with a knife. Even McGuyver is envious of nadin's knowledge.

Flippy, . . . is TiT envious of her knowledge? :???: :???: :???:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
When I flew on 9/14 and 9/17 they were confiscating pocket knives at OIA security. Then you'd take the tram over to the terminal where knives were available at the restaurants. But to make it even sweeter they gave you one on the plane with your coach class meal. Not that anyone was going to be able to do anything at that point anyways. We all watched each other like hawks

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »
I have felt much safer flying out of a Mexican Airport, even BEFORE 911.
Well, now, this really calls nutcase nadin's judgement into question. I've flown countless times from Mexico City and other, even less civilized, locations in Central and South America. Even though I was headed back to the civilized world, travelling on American flagged aircraft, I never felt very safe. It has nothing to do with terrorism, which is so rare one could more reasonably live in fear of a lightning strike, or a bite from a bushmaster.

Nope, it's poisoning. Anyone who travels into the area between the south shore of the Rio Grande River and the southernmost rock on Cape Horn is a fool if he doesn't guard himself every second from the bacterial and parasitic plague that infests every square inch of that landmass. Even in First Class, in an American Airlines aircraft, seated beside nutcase nadin, you are a fool if you drink an iced drink after takeoff from Mexico City, or if you eat the fresh salad with your meal. It was catered by a Latin American vendor.

I've had three different associates who scoffed at those precautions, and travelled for years with no problem, only to one day throw snake eyes with an iced drink or fresh fruit or vegetable at a fine restaurant or hotel, or on an airliner. Two of them were deathly ill for weeks. The locals are apparently innoculated against these poisons, if they survive infancy, due to constant exposure.

I've always told people that when you shower in a Latin American hotel, no matter how luxurious, keep your eyes closed, and put duct tape over your mouth. Those "purified water" signs they always display mean nothing.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »
First class my ass.

Animals travel cargo.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 06:36:12 PM »
Flippy, . . . is TiT envious of her knowledge? :???: :???: :???:

That's actually a tough question to answer because they are such different individuals. Tit has all of that SEAL, Green Beret, Space Ranger training so he actually has her outclassed with pure fighting knowledge and ability, but nadin has the edge in overall knowledge. If he could catch her in a sterilized room, he would win the fight. But if she can lay her hands on any object, he is toast. For instance, she knows 79.3 ways to disembowel a man with a single blade of grass. And yes...I said grass.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
That's actually a tough question to answer because they are such different individuals. Tit has all of that SEAL, Green Beret, Space Ranger training so he actually has her outclassed with pure fighting knowledge and ability, but nadin has the edge in overall knowledge. If he could catch her in a sterilized room, he would win the fight. But if she can lay her hands on any object, he is toast. For instance, she knows 79.3 ways to disembowel a man with a single blade of grass. And yes...I said grass.
TiT could scrape more intelligence from under his fingernails than nadin will ever have.
He was the most talented writer and storyteller in DUmp history.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
Now I will not go into how you could use all these things... suffice it to say we were well armed.

You are so dumb.  My two year old daughter could figure out how to injury someone with a fork. 
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »
Hmmm...let's see here...AA Advantage Gold member here, and the ex was Platinum.  I still have enough active miles to get two tickets between here and Hawaii if I want.

I've been to Europe twice commercially.  We bought coach seats from LA to London, and upgraded with miles both times.  777's Business Class are better than any other airlines First Class I've flown, including trips to/from Hawaii.

Bottom line, nadinyouaintgota****ingclue, is that you get a coach seat on a flight that doesn't have a high occupancy, get you and hubby in a aisle/window seat with the middle seat open, and viola! more room than you would have had otherwise in First.  So who gives a shit if you had to pay $7 for a sandwich (credit card only, no cash!) or only get to lean back 6 inches.  And FWIW, the food in First ain't all that, and so what if you get a metal fork?

BTW--Pauly Shore was in the row ahead of me on a flight from LA to Boston.  IN COACH.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
Hmmm...let's see here...AA Advantage Gold member here, and the ex was Platinum.  I still have enough active miles to get two tickets between here and Hawaii if I want.

I've been to Europe twice commercially.  We bought coach seats from LA to London, and upgraded with miles both times.  777's Business Class are better than any other airlines First Class I've flown, including trips to/from Hawaii.

Bottom line, nadinyouaintgota****ingclue, is that you get a coach seat on a flight that doesn't have a high occupancy, get you and hubby in a aisle/window seat with the middle seat open, and viola! more room than you would have had otherwise in First.  So who gives a shit if you had to pay $7 for a sandwich (credit card only, no cash!) or only get to lean back 6 inches.  And FWIW, the food in First ain't all that, and so what if you get a metal fork?

BTW--Pauly Shore was in the row ahead of me on a flight from LA to Boston.  IN COACH.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Once on a flight from Buenos Aires to Miami, I spent a bazillion miles to upgrade, which was nice because that's a long flight.  But during the flight I got up to take a stroll around the plane to stretch my legs. Business and First Class were full, but there couldn't have been more than 20 people in coach, on a 747. Every person could have five center section seats with the armrests folded up, making a flat bed, and this was an overnight flight. I felt like I'd paid a lot for a ditty bag, some champagne, and a couple of drinks.