Author Topic: Doug's stupid ex-wife describes leader of Libyan rebels  (Read 429 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Doug's stupid ex-wife describes leader of Libyan rebels
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:19:53 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x776068

Oh my.

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:40 PM
DOUG'S STUPID EX-WIFE, #03 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, &c., &c., &c.
Original message

Libyan rebel leader spent much of past 20 years in suburban Virginia

WASHINGTON - The new leader of Libya's opposition military spent the past two decades in suburban Virginia but felt compelled — even in his late-60s — to return to the battlefield in his homeland, according to people who know him.

Khalifa Hifter was once a top military officer for Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, but after a disastrous military adventure in Chad in the late 1980s, Hifter switched to the anti-Gadhafi opposition. In the early 1990s, he moved to suburban Virginia, where he established a life but maintained ties to anti-Gadhafi groups.

Late last week, Hifter was appointed to lead the rebel army, which has been in chaos for weeks. He is the third such leader in less than a month, and rebels interviewed in Libya openly voiced distrust for the most recent leader, Abdel Fatah Younes, who had been at Gadhafi's side until just a month ago.

At a news conference Thursday, the rebel's military spokesman said Younes will stay as Hifter's chief of staff, and added that the army — such as it is — would need "weeks" of training.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/03/26/111109/new-rebel-...

It would have been easier to protect him in Virginia, no?

oberliner  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:43 PM
Response to Original message

1. The rebel leader is named Hifter?

Good lord!

MedleyMisty (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:46 PM

2. But Al Qaeda!

Fear! Terror! Enemies! We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here! Poor brown people with guns! Run for your lives! Fear! Fear! Terror!

And this time the left is falling for it.

Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-30-11 05:47 PM

3. Suburban Virginia, huh? Home of....

... the CIA...

... Quantico Marine Base, where FBI and other officers train...

... and a hundred other "secret" agencies.

Hmmmmm.

MedleyMisty (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:52 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. Like I said this time the left is falling for it.

Tell me, do you follow any Libyans on Twitter? Have you been to the website of their transitional government? Have you watched any videos of what is actually happening there? Have you listened to actual Libyans at all? Or would that threaten your conspiracy theories?

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:55 PM
DOUG'S STUPID EX-WIFE, #03 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, &c., &c., &c.
Response to Reply #4

5. I think you are confusing the left with Democratic party loyalists

although it's true, they overlap.

I don't see many on the left actually buying in to this except for, disappointingly, Juan Cole.

"Juan Cole" is one of those obscure beings that obsesses Doug's stupid ex-wife, like that Pete Camejo guy and some guy Thom Hartmann; people we've never heard of before.

Scuba  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-30-11 05:58 PM
Response to Reply #4

6. No, I don't know any Libyans and don't follow any on Twitter. I do however....

...know that one in four American children are growing up in poverty, that we're talking about gutting Social Security, Medicare, schools and everything else that might help the American People.

I'm not insensitive to the plight of the Libyan People. But we're BORROWING every penny we spend there, while cutting everything needed at home.

There's a family of five living in a car down the block. Our government says there is no money to help them. Why then is there money to help the Libyans?

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 06:15 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. I think we'll see soon enough this isn't about helping Libyans.

dipsydoodle  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-30-11 06:20 PM
Response to Reply #6

8. Its no different here in the UK.

The government can afford missiles from the defense budget but defund the NHS from other budgets.

btw : It also doesn't follow that the Tweets come from Libyan Twots.

Gregorian  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 06:29 PM
Response to Reply #3

9. How conveenient.

That really is too much of a coincidence to not ponder a bit.

bvar22  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 07:07 PM

10. More 3-Card Monty.

You CAN fool some of The People ALL of the time.

They don't even bother to change the marketing.

You either support the BOMBING, or you're with The Communists AlQaeda Saddam Qaddafi.

I've never seen a BOMB as a Humanitarian intervention.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Doug's stupid ex-wife describes leader of Libyan rebels
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »
MedleyMisty (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:46 PM

2. But Al Qaeda!

Fear! Terror! Enemies! We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here! Poor brown people with guns! Run for your lives! Fear! Fear! Terror!

And this time the left is falling for it.

It amuses me greatly when DUmmies say anyone else is peddling fear.
The left is fearful of everything. They fear drilling for oil. They fear nuclear power. They fear global warming. They fear that Christians will practice their faith outside of the closet, yet they bend over backwards to defend the people who follow another religion who are trying to kill us all.
 :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »
It amuses me greatly when DUmmies say anyone else is peddling fear.
The left is fearful of everything. They fear drilling for oil. They fear nuclear power. They fear global warming. They fear that Christians will practice their faith outside of the closet, yet they bend over backwards to defend the people who follow another religion who are trying to kill us all.
 :mental:

You're absolutely right. And add Republicans to that list. Look what Dingy Harry and Chucky Schumer are doing. Rather than try to explain their positions to the public, everything is "Republicans are Extremists!!" Scary!! Evil!!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:22:34 AM »
EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Wed Mar-30-11 05:40 PM
Original message

Khalifa Hifter was once a top military officer for Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, but after a disastrous military adventure in Chad in the late 1980s, Hifter switched to the anti-Gadhafi opposition. In the early 1990s, he moved to suburban Virginia, where he established a life but maintained ties to anti-Gadhafi groups.

...and do you know what the top military officer known as "Hifter" was doing in Chad? Yeah, "Hifter" was there to essentially eradicate Africans, as the Janjawid have continued today in Darfur, to create an Arab Islamic state known as Sahel.

Yeah, great stand up guy you got there, you dumb bitch!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site