Author Topic: Curious question for people who have moles at DU  (Read 6455 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Curious question for people who have moles at DU
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
I could deal with Gator, except when he got off on that stupid 'Moral clarity' horseshit, but what finally closed me out was some of the persistently argumentative assclowns who seemed to be stuck on 'Transmit' (Mostly Ronulans I think, I don't recall if ColdWarrior was actually an RP guy).  Like you, I more or less just stopped going there after this place stood up, and when I did go back just to check it out a few months later, found my account wiped out in yet another of CU's total system crashes.  The Ronulans and the annoying frequency of site crashes were great reasons to just not bother with re-registration. 
I left for the same exact reasons. I was out of town and only popping in the boards occassionally when the ronulan crap happened. Once i got home and realized that CU was done for, I left and never looked back.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2010, 09:05:22 AM »
I'm just astonished that people from the Cave would have "moles" at the DU............  O-)  :kumbaya:

I agree Thor, if you're serious here (hard to tell sometimes online when there's a bit of tongue in cheek). Is it really worth the effort? Who cares what they do, except for the entertainment value?

I posted there twice--once as a mole, once as not; the second post was years ago after Rightnation did its little number on me. Even before that self-outing I'd decided I was just too busy with real life, and was going to allocate most of my online posting time to places where posting is a pleasure, not a hateful drudgery of endured insult. After posting twice, and reading more of their insanity, I decided it just wasn't worth the time, effort, anger, or loss of mental stability that posting to that online Bedlam would have required, either as a mole or straight up.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »
I agree Thor, if you're serious here (hard to tell sometimes online when there's a bit of tongue in cheek). Is it really worth the effort? Who cares what they do, except for the entertainment value?

I posted there twice--once as a mole, once as not; the second post was years ago after Rightnation did its little number on me. Even before that self-outing I'd decided I was just too busy with real life, and was going to allocate most of my online posting time to places where posting is a pleasure, not a hateful drudgery of endured insult. After posting twice, and reading more of their insanity, I decided it just wasn't worth the time, effort, anger, or loss of mental stability that posting to that online Bedlam would have required, either as a mole or straight up.

I believe Thor was indeed being a bit tongue-in-cheek there, actually.  The main reason to maintain a mole there is to retain access to watch the hilarity when they go into DEFCON One, usually on a general election night when it starts to look like things aren't going their way, or when there is a huge internecine Democrat primary battle coming to a head.  Then there is the matter of access to the search function, too.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.