Author Topic: Curious question for people who have moles at DU  (Read 6456 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Curious question for people who have moles at DU
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »
Although I'm neither mod nor admin, I feel we are all adults here, and those of us with active moles know well enough to not divulge identities. -- nothing against you soleil, but as a rule, the only mole(s) we know the identity of are our own, save for the suicide runners. Its the way its always been done.
You know.

We got to set our sights higher.

We've so refined the process we need to do something like take down Hugo Chavez.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
They don't get a very good reception here either.  That doesn't stop their dumb asses from showing up, though.  It got to the point where we put in an extra forum for their bullshit.

Hannity's board got so bad in 2008 with the Paulbot flood that there was just 1 thread designated for articles and discussion of Ron Paul and that was it, the board was being flooded. I was never a fan of Ron Paul, but after seeing him in the movie Bruno I can't take him seriously at all.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 06:30:39 PM »
Although I'm neither mod nor admin, I feel we are all adults here, and those of us with active moles know well enough to not divulge identities. -- nothing against you soleil, but as a rule, the only mole(s) we know the identity of are our own, save for the suicide runners. Its the way its always been done.

Precisely.....if anybody's mole gets burned, it is their own fault for putting too much information out there.......ya gotta admit it is funny as hell looking at all the "guests" that this thread is attracting.... :-)

There is certainly nothing wrong with bait.......er.......discussing the subject.

I guess I couldn't confirm or deny that.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »
'Bruno' was awful... :rofl:  Dr. Nutz will do anything for a minute in front of the camera.  I think RedState.com got to the point where they banned them all and refused any discussion of Ron Paul altogether.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »
'Bruno' was awful... :rofl:  Dr. Nutz will do anything for a minute in front of the camera.  I think RedState.com got to the point where they banned them all and refused any discussion of Ron Paul altogether.

You can't talk to them at all, they have blinders on when it comes to him.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline soleil

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Indeed -- This is why I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of any mole. Nor will I confirm or deny the existence of UNWrecker 1.04 - which when used with an active mole account can automatically Unrec all posts by a specific DUer, or the last 20 posts in any forum. I will also neither confirm or deny that I may or may not plant suspicion of genuine members as moles, so they will ultimately get Tombstoned.   :-)

lol   :p

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:01 PM »
I couldn't deal with the daily Paulgasms over there either, and nearly disappeared from CU altogether, but thankfully I was sent A PM on CU mentioning CC.

And here I am.   :-)

Ditto.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »
You know.

We've so refined the process we need to do something like take down Hugo Chavez.

cool

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
I remember hearing about that... it was awesome.  Wasn't that what caused a bunch of new members to show up at CU in 2004?  That's roughly when I found out about CU but I didn't sign up for another year.

No, the influx of members to CU in April, 2004 was due to a primitive named supercrash that created a thread on Skin's island about the B/W forum at CU.  Several "moles" discovered the site and became members.  The wolverine thing happened either late 2004 or early 2005.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2010, 03:04:31 AM »
It was until they made a raging anti-semite by the name of gator and admin while the owner was absent.

He went full-on for Ron Paul and ended-up a dozen or so fellow zealots who had nothing of value to add except cheap pejoratives. The site came apart at the seams.

I and many others were banned for daring to speak against Lord Paulsy of the Flaming Anus. I myself found several of Paul's loonier articles and posted them at length, unedited; thus invoking my bannination.

To this day Ron Paul is a sore subject at this site...this site having been established as a refuge of the banned and disgusted.

Go to the Fight Club forum and read its earliest threads for the ensuing catharsis that was this site.

Gator started changing before that though. Once his son entered basic training his support of the WoT began to decline. He pissed me off when he came out agreeing with John Kerry that Iraq was unwinnable and we should pull the troops out now. Got temp banned for calling him out on that.

Then the Ronulans invaded and all hell broke loose. Got permanently banned after Gator wouldn't shut up this one troop bashing cultist and pointed out that the idiot was bashing Gators own son in his rants.

Came here shortly after. Won't EVER go back to CU...EVER.

Gator...why are you so ****ing stupid?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:09:04 AM by TxRadioguy »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline lastparker

Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2010, 11:20:05 AM »
Gator started changing before that though. Once his son entered basic training his support of the WoT began to decline. He pissed me off when he came out agreeing with John Kerry that Iraq was unwinnable and we should pull the troops out now. Got temp banned for calling him out on that.

Then the Ronulans invaded and all hell broke loose. Got permanently banned after Gator wouldn't shut up this one troop bashing cultist and pointed out that the idiot was bashing Gators own son in his rants.

Came here shortly after. Won't EVER go back to CU...EVER.

Gator...why are you so ****ing stupid?

Is this the same Gator that was at mil.com and usmilnet then when to Mag's place when he started it?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »
Gator was the reason I left after his "it's the Joooooooooooooooooos" rants! That and I noticed well known posters were disappearing. Frank was kind enough to PM me to this site.

Thanx Frank if you're lurking!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »
Gator was the reason I left after his "it's the Joooooooooooooooooos" rants! That and I noticed well known posters were disappearing. Frank was kind enough to PM me to this site.

Thanx Frank if you're lurking!

Well...for me, I crossed swords with him in an anti-smoking nazi thread,  ......he was death on that, then the ronulans, then one day I woke up and all of the posters (specifically Frank) that I enjoyed reading were simply gone.......I posted a one-liner about it, and got a PM from either Sarasota, or Shade about this place, and the rest is history.

I never went back to check, but I don't think I ever got banned......my account disappeared when the board crashed and burned shortly after that......

doc

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

Offline Chris_

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »
I think it's the 9/11 forum :tinfoil2:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=125

oh. There isn't a board for chemtrails, bigfoot and aliens?

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
oh. There isn't a board for chemtrails, bigfoot and aliens?

They are all one and the same board. They throw all the stuff they consider to whacked  :mental:  for even DU into the same forum.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »
really... these are worth bringing over.

I tried to read the one about the UN banning meat and milk but the darn thread is posting pissy.  Luminous Animal is a hoot!
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »
You know.

Only if I get to push Sean Penn out of his little dinghy.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline cavegal

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
I have trouble with the MSM alone. I cannot take the DU. I have tried to go over and read the posts I just cant take it. :hammer:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2010, 09:55:46 AM »
Well...for me, I crossed swords with him in an anti-smoking nazi thread,  ......he was death on that, then the ronulans, then one day I woke up and all of the posters (specifically Frank) that I enjoyed reading were simply gone.......I posted a one-liner about it, and got a PM from either Sarasota, or Shade about this place, and the rest is history.

I never went back to check, but I don't think I ever got banned......my account disappeared when the board crashed and burned shortly after that......

doc

I could deal with Gator, except when he got off on that stupid 'Moral clarity' horseshit, but what finally closed me out was some of the persistently argumentative assclowns who seemed to be stuck on 'Transmit' (Mostly Ronulans I think, I don't recall if ColdWarrior was actually an RP guy).  Like you, I more or less just stopped going there after this place stood up, and when I did go back just to check it out a few months later, found my account wiped out in yet another of CU's total system crashes.  The Ronulans and the annoying frequency of site crashes were great reasons to just not bother with re-registration. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
My account vanished during a crash as well, I never re-registered.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »
My account vanished during a crash as well, I never re-registered.

Same here. I found this place when the other was down.