Author Topic: gigantic primitive's wife upset (update 12-12)  (Read 7881 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gigantic primitive's wife upset (update 12-12)
« on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540&sid=b8d12979368652c6bfabb41ce45e1af3

Oh my.

Oh dear.

Ege Bamyasi
NOMINEE FOR TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
please note--nominated as the Systematic Chaos primitive

December 4, 2009

Just a quick post from me for now. I don't want to get into a long post because if I do I know I'll go into detail about some issues that Jeanette is having at work which have her highly distraught, and I want to see if they'll resolve themselves before I go all splody about it. I'll just say that she's been upset over some things, to the point of a lot of spontaneous crying this week (and if it were me I'd probably be frustrated enough to cry too), and my powerlessness to do anything more than listen and commiserate has me upset. I don't think she's going to actually lose the job, but nonetheless she and the majority of her peers are not too happy over how some things have been handled.

That's it... I'm not going to sit here and get more into it. Hopefully I'll find out later this evening that everything is copasetic and life will return to business as usual, whatever that means.

Had leftover beans, corn tortillas and salsa today. It's payday for Jeanette, so dinner is still up in the air. How she feels will dictate just how MWL it is, but she fully understands that after Saturday it's potatoes, rice and oatmeal with veggies and fruit thrown in no matter what's going on. I promise we won't have a full-fledged SAD meltdown or anything, no matter what.

I'll be back with more by Sunday at the latest. Tomorrow is her only day off this week unless she remains stuck in her post-training warm-up period for another week, or longer. Right now we just don't know much of anything.  

UPDATE - Jeanette will be in post-classroom training for another week, as will the majority of the people in her class. Less than 8 out of 24 people passed this phase, which is especially abysmal because the scores on the final classroom exams were very high. Of course, this being a phone job, one has to know the book knowledge in terms of how the product works, and also has to know the proper steps to take during a call. The coach who is handling her group has failed miserably in helping (mostly) highly seasoned agents -- who have come in from a former client which left the call center -- to learn the ropes of this new client's phone protocol. The person who is in charge of this intermediate step facility-wide isn't too pleased with how this has gone, and therefore the usual discipline which comes with being slow on the uptake is apparently being waived.

Hopefully there will be a chance for Jeanette -- and the other agents who were left to pretty much to fly blind -- to get caught up to where they should be, and the frustration of incomplete training will cease to be an issue. Promised time in the classroom to get help with sticking points really never materialized, but it sounds like there will be a major push for more group time to get questions answered. Her mood is much better right now than it's been most of the week, and I'm very relieved.

Please notice the gigantic primitive used a word--although he misspelled it--heretofore used on the internet only by P-J Comix and franksolich; I disremember which of the two of us used it first.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 07:32:08 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: gigantic primitive's wife upset (update 12-06)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540&sid=b8d12979368652c6bfabb41ce45e1af3
Please notice the gigantic primitive used a word--although he misspelled it--heretofore used on the internet only by P-J Comix and franksolich; I disremember which of the two of us used it first.
He should have said hunky dory.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »
He should have said hunky dory.

You know, there's something here the gigantic primitive isn't seeing, the insensitive jerk.

His wife is overwrought not because of external factors--work--but because of domestic matters, but she's too kind or too timid to address it with the source.

I suspect the gigantic primitive's wife is tired of pulling all the weight in the household, including bringing home the bacon.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »
You know, there's something here the gigantic primitive isn't seeing, the insensitive jerk.

His wife is overwrought not because of external factors--work--but because of domestic matters, but she's too kind or too timid to address it with the source.

I suspect the gigantic primitive's wife is tired of pulling all the weight in the household, including bringing home the bacon.
Can you blame her? Stuck in a minimum wage sweatshop, living with a monstrous paddle-footed sedentary freak with the physical appearance and diet of a hippopotamus, performing such nasty tasks as surgically removing his underwear, while he eats her salary and spends the rest on a premium subscription to some silly dungeons and dragons computer game. The spontaneous tears could easily result from her living conditions, but are more likely a product of her mental illness.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »
How dumb do ya gotta be to fail bein a telemarketer? Can't read a script?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline kenth

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 04:46:42 PM »

Yep. This is exactly why he has my vote. While poor Jeanette shares the blame for saying, "I do", I still feel sorry for her. He's either sleeping or on the computer, but it must be work that has her upset.  :thatsright:

That's it... I'm not going to sit here and get more into it. Hopefully I'll find out later this evening that everything is copasetic and life will return to business as usual, whatever that means.

Oh well, enough about her, on to food...

Had leftover beans, corn tortillas and salsa today. It's payday for Jeanette, so dinner is still up in the air. How she feels will dictate just how MWL it is, but she fully understands that after Saturday it's potatoes, rice and oatmeal with veggies and fruit thrown in no matter what's going on. I promise we won't have a full-fledged SAD meltdown or anything, no matter what

I'm having a problem with blood sugar, it having cropped up a few years back. At no time did I feel the need to require my wife to change her diet. I had the problem with carbohydrates and other sugars, not her. So while her health is obviously my concern, I didn't expect her to drastically cut out sugars the way I did.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »
Yep. This is exactly why he has my vote. While poor Jeanette shares the blame for saying, "I do", I still feel sorry for her. He's either sleeping or on the computer, but it must be work that has her upset.  :thatsright:

Oh well, enough about her, on to food...

I'm having a problem with blood sugar, it having cropped up a few years back. At no time did I feel the need to require my wife to change her diet. I had the problem with carbohydrates and other sugars, not her. So while her health is obviously my concern, I didn't expect her to drastically cut out sugars the way I did.

If he was doing all the cooking, I could him not wanting to make something separate for his wife, and that would be reasonable.  If my (hypothetical) husband were dieting, and doing the cooking, I wouldn't expect him to cook something separate for me.  But, from what I can tell, his poor wife is doing all the cooking as it is, yet he expects her to follow his diet, and apparently if she wants something different, he is unable to stay on his diet on his own. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if his issues are the main cause of her emotional mood swings and not work, and he is such a good deflector, he would probably make her feel guilty if she mentioned anything.  She is working, keeping up the house, and caring for him while he sits at the computer all day, and sleeps.  I would probably be stressed too!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if his issues are the main cause of her emotional mood swings and not work, and he is such a good deflector, he would probably make her feel guilty if she mentioned anything.  She is working, keeping up the house, and caring for him while he sits at the computer all day, and sleeps.  I would probably be stressed too!

Uh-huh.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
If he was doing all the cooking, I could him not wanting to make something separate for his wife, and that would be reasonable.  If my (hypothetical) husband were dieting, and doing the cooking, I wouldn't expect him to cook something separate for me.  But, from what I can tell, his poor wife is doing all the cooking as it is, yet he expects her to follow his diet, and apparently if she wants something different, he is unable to stay on his diet on his own. 

He is a completely useless piece of crap and an insult to decent guys.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »
He is a completely useless piece of crap and an insult to decent guys.
Not to mention fictional for DUmmy street cred.  :thatsright:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 08:42:18 PM »
As promised, the gigantic primitive updated us:

Ege Bamyasi
NOMINATED FOR TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
please note--nominated as the Systematic Chaos primitive

December 6, 2009

Jeanette is out to shop just a bit, so I thought I'd post rather quickly now before having more to say tomorrow while she's back at work and I have almost all the time in the world. 

Everything seems like it should work itself out at Jeanette's job. Time will tell but for now we're cautiously optimistic that experience will help her do the job better whether or not there is proper coaching and Q&A time. Borrowing from the whole TARP and bailout spectacle, she's just "too smart to fail".

We've spent the weekend together trying to be as close and cuddly as my shoulder situation will allow, and have been playing games and watching movies otherwise. It's been a fun weekend.

It's late but I haven't had anything to eat yet today. We're hoping that there's still some decent fresh ears of corn to be found at the store because corn on the cob just sounds delish. If not, we'll just settle for frozen. We're also going to have salad and a batch of rice going in the cooker for veggie fried rice later tonight and tomorrow. May get some mushrooms and frozen fruit as well; mushrooms for the rice and frozen fruit for batches of slow cooker oatmeal. It's cold enough now that in the mornings it's maybe a good idea to have some hot cereal.

I'm still waiting for my cough to go completely away. I can feel a whole bunch of goo trying to work its way out of my chest, and there's still a persistent tickle in the back of my throat, but I think the worst is behind me. Honestly, my stomach muscles hurt like hell at this point from all the massive hacking I've done. I like to pretend it's from doing lots and lots of ab crunches. Not there yet, but hopefully soon!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »
We've spent the weekend together trying to be as close and cuddly as my shoulder situation will allow,

Wonder if the weekend really happened that way.  There is almost nothing that is more infuriating than someone not pulling his/her weight, whether it's in a friendship situation or a marriage.  Call me old-fashioned, but I think it goes especially in the case of a man not providing in the least.  All that computer goofing off....I would have left his ass long ago.

That potatoes, rice, & oatmeal diet....it's all they can afford.  I hope Jeanette doesn't become ill from it.  It sounds positively medieval. 

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
Jeanette is out to shop just a bit, so I thought I'd post rather quickly now before having more to say tomorrow while she's back at work and I have almost all the time in the world. 

Does she unplug the 'puter when she's home? Trying to get him to do something else, maybe?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
If everything this lard ass says is true, he has to be biggest POS loser I have ever heard of. How or what causes a woman to have such low self esteem and personal loathing as to put up with this oversized turd?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »
I can't imagine cuddling up to someone that size, I'd be afraid I'd get lost in the rolls of fat and suffocate. I'll bet she's always on top, too.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
If everything this lard ass says is true, he has to be biggest POS loser I have ever heard of. How or what causes a woman to have such low self esteem and personal loathing as to put up with this oversized turd?

Hard to guess at but have seen way too many ladies get with losers and then stay.
Guessing it is more a case where the fear of the unknown is greater then the misery of the known.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 11:56:54 AM »
I'll bet she's always on top, too.

Cindie
Oh, yeah, a couple of weeks ago he described that in some detail. Said it was very painful for him to endure, but you know how he'll do anything to take care of Jeanette.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »
Oh, yeah, a couple of weeks ago he described that in some detail. Said it was very painful for him to endure, but you know how he'll do anything to take care of Jeanette.

Yeah, that gallon of mind bleach is for me...
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Karin

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »
As I understood it, he couldn't even do the girl on top thing.  They tried it on the side.  No way.  Mind bleach indeed.  Mine did not work, as you can see. 

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »
Frank, that word has been around a long time. We used it when I was in college in the early 80's. It is even the title of a rock and roll song.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Copasetic-lyrics-Local-H/13239863B027D40548256E88000BC103

PS, I nominate this song as the official DUmmy theme song.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:27:49 PM by crockspot »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
I can't imagine cuddling up to someone that size, I'd be afraid I'd get lost in the rolls of fat and suffocate. I'll bet she's always on top, too.

The 150-pound wifelet is always on top.

The gigantic primitive frankly admitted it some time ago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
The 150-pound wifelet is always on top.
I don't know. Even with the Barcalounger in its fully-reclined position, the behemoth's likely topography would make Jeanette's task a difficult one.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »
Oh.My.Gag

No more....no more.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 07:03:31 AM »
Geez! Imagine what that room smells like during! :-) :puke:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Karin

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 07:27:31 AM »
I don't think it's possible, anyway.  I hear when you get really fat like that, it "disappears."  No wonder she's having an affair.