Author Topic: "Batman" killed Heath Ledger  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
"Batman" killed Heath Ledger
« on: February 15, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »
LOS ANGELES —  The medical examiner says Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs. But a close friend of the actor told Pop Tarts that "Batman" was largely to blame.

"He didn't look so well," said our inside source, who had been in solid contact with Ledger in recent months and spoke to him just two days before he died. "He was exhausted and just kept complaining and complaining that he couldn't sleep."

According to the Ledger colleague and pal, the actor's role as the Joker in the upcoming "Batman" movie, "The Dark Knight," is in large part to blame for his insomnia.

"He said that ever since filming 'Batman,' he was having massive sleeping issues," the friend said. "He became so into that role that it really messed with his head, on top of what he had to go through in terms of the paparazzi and missing [his daughter] Matilda. He just kept saying that nothing he tried helped him sleep and it was stressing him out like crazy. But I really feel like it was 'Batman' that tipped him over the edge."

Pop Tarts also has been told that casting is already under way for a Heath look-alike to finish the filming of his most recent project "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus," a fantasy flick also starring British supermodel Lily Cole and Verne "Mini-Me" Troyer.

Avril, Paris Party on New Year's Eve "I don't know how I feel about that," the source said. "It is just going to feel strange to see him on the screen looking so alive in another year's time."

The Drug Enforcement Administration reportedly has launched a probe to find out how the Oscar-nominated actor obtained the pills that killed him.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329270,00.html
If he got that into character, I'd hate to see his lifestyle during the filming of Brokeback Mountain.

A little clue as to what killed Heath Ledger:  Vicodin, Valium, Xanax and OxyContin for starters.  I still don't see how you accidentally O.D. on 6 different pills.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: "Batman" killed Heath Ledger
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »

A little clue as to what killed Heath Ledger:  Vicodin, Valium, Xanax and OxyContin for starters.  I still don't see how you accidentally O.D. on 6 different pills.

I can sort of see it.  You try one thing -- it doesn't work. You wait a little while and then you try something else.  Repeat.

I am one of these people on whom medications don't really work well.  I don't use them very often but, for example, when I have bad muscle pain, I'll combine a few since just one doesn't work.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »
Plus he was probably getting his meds from different doctors. If he was in a drugged out state, he could have very easily kept popping pills. He admitted in an interview to taking one sleeping pill, then popping another shortly thereafter because "it didn't do anything".

Ultimately, he's repsonsible for his own death. 
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:33:38 AM »

Oh, it's very easy to do, trust me. Some of these drugs work on very small doses...for example, I take Thyroxine, and the dosage is 200 micrograms

Other drugs are the same...you also have what is called synergy, in nursing terms 1+1 = 3, some drugs potentiate others which makes their overall effect greater. One glaring example was a woman I remember, who had a drink of wine and then took her Lithicarb. Was demented for three days before the drug wore off.

If there is a lesson here, it's see your doctor and only take what they tell you to...and tell them what else you are taking

It is entirely possible he didn't...and, well, we know the rest.

Then again, if I'd made a movie of being someone elses bum boy, I'd be depressed too.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
Most people that are going to different doctors and not telling them what they're taking are doing it to get more of the good stuff.  If he was Heath Ledger the ditch digger, it would have been ruled suicide, not accidental.  They take P.R. to the grave.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:21:26 AM »
"He became so into that role that it really messed with his head, on top of what...."

This is what I keep repeating:  Actors and "artists" don't think -- they FEEL.  It's what makes them good at what they do, and it explains why 95% of them are loony liberals.  So, have a kind heart and give them a break.  Actors are little more than emotionally crippled children.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
He was a well known junkie. His GF had him loaded up in the car on the way to dumping him off at rehab at least once. He was experienced at self medicating.

It wasn't an accident.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »
He was a well known junkie. His GF had him loaded up in the car on the way to dumping him off at rehab at least once. He was experienced at self medicating.

It wasn't an accident.

Cemeteries are full of experienced junkies who thought they knew all the rules of self-medication. 

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 11:21:46 AM »
LOS ANGELES —  The medical examiner says Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs. But a close friend of the actor told Pop Tarts that "Batman" was largely to blame.

"He didn't look so well," said our inside source, who had been in solid contact with Ledger in recent months and spoke to him just two days before he died. "He was exhausted and just kept complaining and complaining that he couldn't sleep."

According to the Ledger colleague and pal, the actor's role as the Joker in the upcoming "Batman" movie, "The Dark Knight," is in large part to blame for his insomnia.

"He said that ever since filming 'Batman,' he was having massive sleeping issues," the friend said. "He became so into that role that it really messed with his head, on top of what he had to go through in terms of the paparazzi and missing [his daughter] Matilda. He just kept saying that nothing he tried helped him sleep and it was stressing him out like crazy. But I really feel like it was 'Batman' that tipped him over the edge."

Pop Tarts also has been told that casting is already under way for a Heath look-alike to finish the filming of his most recent project "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus," a fantasy flick also starring British supermodel Lily Cole and Verne "Mini-Me" Troyer.

Avril, Paris Party on New Year's Eve "I don't know how I feel about that," the source said. "It is just going to feel strange to see him on the screen looking so alive in another year's time."

The Drug Enforcement Administration reportedly has launched a probe to find out how the Oscar-nominated actor obtained the pills that killed him.
If he got that into character, I'd hate to see his lifestyle during the filming of Brokeback Mountain.

He more than likely had an addiction. No way in hell you "accidentally" overdose on Oxycottin, Xanax, Vicodin, Valium, sleeping pills, etc. unless you're REALLY ****in' stupid and can't comprehend mixing medications MAY be bad for you!

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
Yep and they weren't accidents either.

If I'm playing with a loaded gun and shoot my fool head off it's not an accident it's my own stupidity.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »

He more than likely had an addiction. No way in hell you "accidentally" overdose on Oxycottin, Xanax, Vicodin, Valium, sleeping pills, etc. unless you're REALLY ****in' stupid and can't comprehend mixing medications MAY be bad for you!

Ed Zachary. Especially in the quantities needed to wink out your pilot light.