Author Topic: Holy Land!?? WTF?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Lauri

Holy Land!?? WTF?
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »
Jed Dilligan  (1000+ posts)    Mon Jan-28-08 09:52 PM
Original message
Holy Land!?? WTF?

How is it okay for a president to use that phrase?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2782578

here we go again..  :popcorn:

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: Holy Land!?? WTF?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
skater314159  (333 posts)       Mon Jan-28-08 10:52 PM
Response to Reply #4
24. Awww jeez!

Can't the pre-trib people go to their god already? Geez!
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

BuffyTheFundieSlayer  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-28-08 11:01 PM
Response to Reply #24
28. I wish they would
 Life would be a mite-darn easier, for sure.

I hope that does not mean what i think it means.  :o
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:54 PM »
BobbyVan  (21 posts)    Mon Jan-28-08 11:32 PM
Response to Original message
31. Bill Clinton: "Consider the Holy Land..."

"Consider the Holy Land, the home of the three great religions of the world who all believe we are all created in the image of one God, our Creator, our Judge. How shall He judge us for keeping on killing each other into the 21st century because we're different from somebody else?"

Bill Clinton, 1996

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2889/is_n43_v32/...

woops!  :popcorn:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »
Yeah no one has ever referred to that part of the world as "Holy Land" untill that fundy Bush did.  :whatever:

The things that piss the primitives off just baffles me.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:17:59 PM »
Djinn  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-28-08 09:59 PM
13. easy
 the vast majority of Americans have an incredibly biased view of the Occupied Territories and Palestinian people and an incredibly backwards view on religion and see no problem with one nation claiming land and illegally occupying it on the basis of a 2000 year old fairy tale.

Any bets that Djinn thinks the United Nations is a good thing?  :loser:

Any bets that Djinn thinks the freedoms enjoyed by Israel vs the tyrany of Palistine should be a factor in choosing sides?

Any bets on weather or not Djinn has the capasity to think at all?

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »
13. easy
 the vast majority of Americans have an incredibly biased view of the Occupied Territories and Palestinian people and an incredibly backwards view on religion and see no problem with one nation claiming land and illegally occupying it on the basis of a 2000 year old fairy tale.

Any bets that Djinn thinks the freedoms enjoyed by Israel vs the tyrany of Palistine should be a factor in choosing sides?

Funny he doesn't mind the fairy tales of the other side.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:26:51 PM »
13. easy

Funny and stupid and ironic. But mostly funny.

Some are arguing use of the term "Holy Land" is a violation of Church and State. Really!  :mental: (begging the question, can a POTUS utter the words Los Angeles? Or is that a violation too?)  ::)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 11:28:14 PM »
13. easy

Some are arguing use of the term "Holy Land" is a violation of Church and State. Really!  :mental: (begging the question, can a POTUS utter the words Los Angeles? Or is that a violation too?)  ::)

Would holy shit be a violation too?  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 11:28:45 PM »
The Holy land to which the President referred has an open door policy to all peaceful men of faith, very much unlike the pigpin known as Mecca.  Since the DUmmies are all about inclusiveness, they should rejoice in knowing the place called The Holy Land is there for everyone.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 11:30:48 PM »
It's been called the Holy Land for thousands of years. Bush says it and.......
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 11:40:05 PM »
13. easy

Would holy shit be a violation too?  :-)

What about Paradise, Texas.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »
OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Tue Jan-29-08 12:40 AM
37. Ummm, He Was Talking About The Holy Land. That's What It's Called.
 There were a WHOLE lot of things in his speech tonight that I could heavily criticize. His calling it the Holy Land? Not even CLOSE to being one of them.

Frankly, I find myself continually amazed at how some here take their bigotry towards anything religious to such ridiculous degrees. And I offer no apologies for my bluntness: Of all things to call him out for, to call out his calling the Holy Land the Holy Land, is beyond ridiculous. It comes off as amazingly petty and blatantly intolerant of anything that even whiffs of religion. The premise of the thread makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I mean give me a break; you're really crying foul over his using the term Holy Land, which is what the area is known as and accepted as by probably 99% of the world's population? How silly. For real.

Buzzkill.    :tongue:

- Ayn Rand

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »
Once again, OMC is the voice of reason.  How he stands that cesspool is a mystery to me.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:04 AM »
Yeah no one has ever referred to that part of the world as "Holy Land" untill that fundy Bush did.  :whatever:

The things that piss the primitives off just baffles me.
Any belief in any higher power goes against their religion, the religion of government.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »
I'm gonna be SO disappointed if I find out OMC is a mole.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
Jed Dilligan  (1000+ posts)    Mon Jan-28-08 09:52 PM
Original message
Holy Land!?? WTF?

How is it okay for a president to use that phrase?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2782578

here we go again..  :popcorn:

What an idiot. :mental:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther