Author Topic: Fat Che sups on sour grapes; makes my fellow alum Skins sweat  (Read 12273 times)

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: Fat Che sups on sour grapes; makes my fellow alum Skins sweat
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 01:23:58 PM »

You obviously don't understand the reference Frank made. If I recall correctly, he never claimed to attend the same university as Skinner but did share the same professor at one point.

The fact that Frank and Skinner had the same professor at some point does not make them fellow alumni. An alumnus is a person who attended a specific school or institution. When Frank refers to Skinner as his "fellow alum" he is incorrectly suggesting that either he went to Yale or that Skinner attended the University of Nebraska. Neither suggestion is true.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:27:36 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »
The fact that Frank and Skinner had the same professor at some point does not make them fellow alumni.

Ever hear of a figure of speech? I'm sure you have, but this issue probably has nothing to do with what really bothers you. Face it, you don't like Frank so you'll criticize anything about him....even though it has not a ****ing thing to do with the topic.  :whatever:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 01:27:39 PM »

Name a single Bush lie. One.

I gave you a clear example of a lie told by Mr. Bush. Bush claimed that 177 Democrats said that the government shouldn't be listening to the conversations of terrorists. Demonstrably not true.
Demonstrably true (as has been pointed out).  And even if he got the number wrong (is that what you are arguing?) then he may have been misinformed.   

And THAT is your best example of a lie told by Bush?  Not only untrue but meaningless even if true. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »

You obviously don't understand the reference Frank made. If I recall correctly, he never claimed to attend the same university as Skinner but did share the same professor at one point.

The fact that Frank and Skinner had the same professor at some point does not make them fellow alumni. An alumnus is a person who attended a specific school or institution. When Frank refers to Skinner as his "fellow alum" he is incorrectly suggesting that either he went to Yale or that Skinner attended the University of Nebraska. Neither suggestion is true.
It is a joke, you putz.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »

It is a joke, you putz.

Repeating the same joke over and over again is kind of weird, don't you think?
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »

I believe you and Slobberman went for popcorn during this scene:

Democrats Voted Against Listening In On Terrorist Phone Calls:

177 House Democrats Voted Against The Electronic Surveillance Modernization Act, Which Would Make It Easier To Monitor Terrorist Communications. (H.R. 5825, CQ Vote #502: Passed 232-191: R 214-13; D 18-177; I 0-1, 9/28/06)

http://www.gop.com/News/NewsRead.aspx?Guid=509995ad-3920-4701-8a15-0f1020b259b9

Bump for TNO

Bump again for TNO
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »

It is a joke, you putz.

You've never heard of a running gag?

Wait -- what am I saying?  Liberals are humor-impaired.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
Bump again for TNO

You have no need to repeat yourself. I have already responded. Democrats do not, as the President declared, oppose the government listening to the conversations of terrorists. They oppose warrantless surveillance of American citzens. Get it? Just because I think the government needs a warrant before it listens in on a conversation an American citizen is having does not mean that I am against the government listening in on the conversations of terrorists. Face facts... Mr. Bush lied through his teeth.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:19:52 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »

Skinner is my fellow alum! Ha ha ha! Hilarious!

:whatever:

Sorry... I guess I don't see the humor. What is supposed to be so funny about Frank's running gag on Skinner?

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »

Skinner is my fellow alum! Ha ha ha! Hilarious!

Sorry... I guess I don't see the humor. What is supposed to be so funny about Frank's running gag on Skinner?

You have never heard of an inside joke either I see.

Still waiting for that lie.  An objective, provable and substantiative one.  Like "I never had sex with that woman."  You know, direct and provable.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:14:10 PM by freedumb2003 »

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »

Still waiting for that lie.  An objective, provable and substantiative one.  Like "I never had sex with that woman."  You know, direct and provable.

See post #32. Your agreement with my claim that Mr. Bush lied is not required for the claim to be true.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »
Bump again for TNO

You have no need to repeat yourself. I have already responded. Democrats do not, as the President declared, oppose the government listening to the conversations of terrorists. They oppose warrantless surveillance of American citzens. Get it? Just because I think the government needs a warrant before it listens in on the conversations of Americans does not mean that I am against the government listening in on the conversations of terrorists. Face facts... Mr. Bush lied through his teeth.

NuNuNU-Nope....you don't get away with this one either.  The subject of the legislating was to gather intelligence by listening in on calls made to and from known terrorists organizations and individuals suspected of aiding terrorism.  The legislation had NOTHING to do with the phone calls of American citizens living their daily lives.  The idea of opposing the legislation came from lying-ass democrats who wanted to make the public believe, with the help of the very liberal MSM, that the idea was to eavesdrop on anyone at any time without reason.  Dishonesty abounds!

The only lies in any of this are the ones spread by the party that would not exist if lies didn't exist - that would be the democrat party.  You are equally as dishonest by continuing this gross misrepresentation of what our President said in regard to the 177 democrats who voted against allowing the folks in charge of national security a tool to aid them in their job.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »

See post #32. Your agreement with my claim that Mr. Bush lied is not required for the claim to be true.

So which part of the statement are you saying is a lie?  And what proof do you have that he knew it to be a lie (which of course would mean that it isn't)?

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »
So which part of the statement are you saying is a lie?  And what proof do you have that he knew it to be a lie (which of course would mean that it isn't)?

The part where Mr. Bush claims that Democrats do not want the government listening in on the conversations of terrorists. What Mr. Bush said would be like me claiming that Republicans who are in favor of due process are against the conviction and prosecution of criminals.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
The sad truth is that come 2009, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney will sail out of office and into the night without ever being held to account for their incompetence and deceit.

Yeah funny thing about that...none of you Libtards have EVER been able to prove any "incompetence and deciet"

Hint:  Just repeating the mantra won't make it be true.

Also, you are not a Yale alumnus.

C'mon Owl you've lurked at CU long enough to know what Frank's talking about.

Don't act obtuse.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »

Hasn't stopped you Libtards from repeating the same Bush Impeachment joke for the last 8 years has it?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline lastparker

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »

Sigh.  I really hate teaching remedial English on a message board, but it has to be done.

alumnus
One entry found.

alumnus 

Main Entry: alum·nus 
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈləm-nəs\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural alum·ni  \-ËŒnÄ«\
Etymology: Latin, foster son, pupil, from alere to nourish — more at old
Date: 1645
1 : a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or university
2 : a person who is a former member, employee, contributor, or inmate

As former students of the same professor, they would be considered members or the same group.

For ****'s sake, don't come here and take a swipe at Frank.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:50:03 PM by lastparker »
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »
That's PRESIDENT Bush to you, libtard

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »

The part where Mr. Bush claims that Democrats do not want the government listening in on the conversations of terrorists. What Mr. Bush said would be like me claiming that Republicans who are in favor of due process are against the conviction and prosecution of criminals.

That isn't a lie, douchebag.  That is a conclusion. One I agree with.  The liberals are against the USA and take every opportunity to undermine our safety.  This was yet another opportunity.

Does the fact I come away with the same conclusion he does make me a "liar?" 

How stupid can someone be?  You now define a "lie" as "reasoning libtards don't agree with?"  Shit, that is up there with "what 'is' is."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »

Sigh.  I really hate teaching remedial English on a message board, but it has to be done.

alumnus
One entry found.

alumnus 

Main Entry: alum·nus 
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈləm-nəs\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural alum·ni  \-ËŒnÄ«\
Etymology: Latin, foster son, pupil, from alere to nourish — more at old
Date: 1645
1 : a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or university
2 : a person who is a former member, employee, contributor, or inmate

As former students of the same professor, they would be considered members or the same group.

For ****'s sake, don't come here and take a swipe at Frank.

He's been itching to do that for awhile.  Thinks it makes him look good or something.

Course he claims he'd like to pw3n MTBoone too.
 :rotf:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »

OOOOohhhh. I got it. Like many libs. You want to call the president a liar over semantics. I got it. I thought you had something concrete. You just want to tilt at windmills. Go to it, Quixote.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2008, 05:05:53 PM »

So when 181 Democrats vote against the terrorist surveillence act...a Dem Senator brings a measure to the floor to censure the President over the programs that somehow they are SUPPORTING what the President is allowed to do under FISA?

The Democrats have done everything they can to stand in the way of this country tracking down terrorists plotting against this country.

There is no lie in saying what can be factually proven.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2008, 10:00:52 AM »
Really funny graphic on that thread: "The White Rose Society -- archiving the best of Progressive Radio."

That should be doable on a 5-1/4" floppy.

What an insult to the real White Rose Society.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 11:40:43 AM »

I wouldn't know, Tim. :tongue:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:46:10 AM by WinOne4TheGipper »
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther