Current Events > General Discussion

Jewish students, come here to the South — where you’ll be safe

(1/1)

SVPete:
Jewish students, come here to the South — where you’ll be safe

https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/opinion/jewish-students-come-here-to-the-south-where-youll-be-safe/

--- Quote ---Jewish students in the Ivy League, I’m here to offer an invitation: Come to the South, where you’ll be safe.

It’s manifestly not safe to be an Ivy League Jew. A prominent Columbia rabbi “strongly” advised Jewish students to go home and not come back: It’s become clear “Columbia University’s Public Safety and the NYPD cannot guarantee Jewish students’ safety in the face of extreme antisemitism and anarchy,” Rabbi Elie Buechler told students this week over WhatsApp.
My advice to Jewish students at these institutions: Come on down. At schools like mine, the University of Tennessee, in red states, such intimidation, harassment and lawlessness aren’t tolerated.

In my city of Knoxville, after Hamas’ Oct. 7 rape/torture/murder/kidnapping spree, we had a pro-Israel rally attended by all our major civic leaders. The allegedly elite schools had marches in support of Hamas.

In the red states, support for Israel isn’t controversial. In our allegedly elite northeastern and California universities it can get you mobbed.
--- End quote ---

OMG, how I'd love to post this on DU!

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: SVPete on April 24, 2024, 06:59:29 PM ---Jewish students, come here to the South — where you’ll be safe

https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/opinion/jewish-students-come-here-to-the-south-where-youll-be-safe/

OMG, how I'd love to post this on DU!

--- End quote ---

You wouldn't be able to see the screen refresh after hitting [Enter] on that post before Lord Marblehead and his M.I.R.T. minions had it down the memory hole and you staring eye to eye with a granite pizza.

Old n Grumpy:
The cops need to treat those protesters like they did in the 60s go with your gas bill clubs, dogs, and water cannons. Send some of them home with some broken bones and lumps and bumps and maybe they’ll decide to go back to studying.

Old n Grumpy:
Actually, they need to learn some Krav maga and go out and kick some protesters asses, that will put an end to the bullying.

DefiantSix:

--- Quote from: Old n Grumpy on April 25, 2024, 10:18:51 AM ---Actually, they need to learn some Krav maga and go out and kick some protesters asses, that will put an end to the bullying.

--- End quote ---

Yep; once the college snotty-nosed kids realize they're taking their lives in their hands as firmly as if they were protesting Islamofascist scum by harassing DA JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs, things will probably settle down there for a minute or three - until these snotty-nosed kids fall back on their default of harassing heterosexual, Christian caucasians again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version