Author Topic: A little history of the NRA  (Read 1004 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

A little history of the NRA
« on: January 25, 2024, 09:28:42 PM »
I love it when DUmbshits think they know anything.  :lmao: Founded in 1871 to kill Confederates from a war that ended six years earlier.  :thatsright:

Link

multigraincracker (32,025 posts)
Sun Aug 6, 2023, 08:28 AM
RECOMMEND
A little history of the NRA.
It was created in 1871 by Union generals to teach Northern youth to be better shots to kill Confederate soldiers.
Now in business to support big business gun makers, Republican Party and Putin.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: A little history of the NRA
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 09:34:27 PM »
The DUm'Rats and their obsession with being wrong never, ever ceases to astonish me.  :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 04:09:55 AM »
Putin supports the Second Amendment?  :thatsright:  No wonder Trump likes him.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 11:15:24 AM »
If the dummies took time to look to see just how powerful the NRA is in 2022 they spent approximately $2 million lobbing, well, the pharmaceutical industry, insurance, industry and banking spent billions
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 12:05:29 PM »
If the dummies took time to look to see just how powerful the NRA is in 2022 they spent approximately $2 million lobbing, well, the pharmaceutical industry, insurance, industry and banking spent billions

But those all bankroll their candidates, so that's a good thing.  Actually if they took time to look, the moonbats would see most of those billions fund candidates on both sides of the aisle, cause the companies know it's worth the money they have available to hedge their bets.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 12:41:25 PM »
The DUm'Rats and their obsession with being wrong never, ever ceases to astonish me.  :popcorn:

This is the result of cultivating stupidity rather than tearing it out root and stem.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 05:55:41 PM »
multigraincracker (32,037 posts)

It was created in 1871 by Union generals to teach Northern youth to be better shots to kill Confederate soldiers.

Um, what?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 06:29:43 PM »
multigraincracker (32,037 posts)

Um, what?

Yeah, it's an anachronism to "prove" that the NRA was founded to kill people. The claim is a half truth. The NRA was sounded because Union soldiers had used old-style volley tactics - fire off enough bullets in a generally correct direction and some opponents will be hit. While used due to muskets' lack of accuracy, it wasted bullets when rifles were much more accurate.

So the NRA was initially founded to train people in marksmanship, so ordinary citizens could acquire the skills necessary for a "well regulated militia" ("well regulated" means well trained). Of course, over time this broadened into sponsoring marksmanship competitions, supporting hunting (I took an NRA-member-taught Hunters' Safety course so as to get a hunting license at a younger age), and supporting self-defense ... all those purposes multigraincracker and many/most other DU-folk pretend aren't real.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 10:20:50 AM »
and supporting self-defense

Self defense, how cruel is that to defend yourself against some poor thug who’s just trying to earn a living  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!