Author Topic: Just venting  (Read 1155 times)

Offline CC27

Just venting
« on: January 14, 2024, 04:25:52 PM »
Marthe48

Just venting
My friend had an injury and surgery and is recovering at home. She is unable to drive. Her neighbors have been very helpful. She lives about 100 miles away. I have gone to help her other times, but right now, I have an ailing cat that I can't take with me, or leave alone. I set up a Doordash account last week, so she could order food from places she's used to getting food from. She calls me and I pull up the menu and get what she tells me. I'm keeping track so she can pay me back every month or so.

It is working well, but today, she wanted a particular thing from Panera. The Doordash site for Panera omitted the portion size option for the item, and so I can't order it. I understand what the problem is and that Doordash is going to have to get a tech to fix the omission. She called Doordash, and I used the chat box, no help. I cecked another sandwich and it has the portion option. I tried another Panera near her and the portion size is omitted on that one as well. I'm frustrated because I can't get my friend to understand that until Doordash gets a tech to fix the glitch, she is not going to be able to get the food she wants at this time. I think what is most irritating is that I had a career in computer operations and work at a higher than average level of understanding. She is not interested in learning more than basics, but she acts like I don't know what I'm talking about.

The restaurant has the item in the store. I'm hoping that if she wants it, her neighbor will go get it.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/118310453

What a word salad

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Just venting
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 05:21:02 PM »
They chose to vent about that? On a forum full of talk of so-called "insurrections", "traitors", and the like?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 11:08:28 PM »
First world problems...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they stumble into REAL problems.  :thatsright:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 11:51:02 PM »
she acts like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Probably because you've shared your political proclivities with her in some way.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 06:43:18 AM »
Probably because you've shared your political proclivities with her in some way.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 07:22:42 AM »
Quote from:
Marthe48

My friend had surgery and I'm helping them while they recover. I'm smart. They're not. Aren't I a nice person?

Fixed.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 06:04:20 AM »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen