Author Topic: Halloween Greed  (Read 438 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Halloween Greed
« on: November 02, 2023, 09:31:40 AM »
I'm not a big Halloween guy, preferring to have Mrs. E tackle that particular chore, but this year I bit the bullet and did it. Camped out at the front door with a chair next to me supporting a large bowl of packaged candy - about $60 worth.  :o

But in my past, I've witnessed all kinds of less-than-innocent shit. School-type buses loaded with kids and older teenagers, most of whom were not dressed in any sort of costume, pile out and invade the neighborhood where I happened to be. Adults merely holding out a large bowl and greedy kids grabbing as much as they could get away with, then scurrying away.

At the link below is what appears to be greedy adults teaching their kids how to be greedy. Yeah, I know, it could've been a setup. But this kind of shit happens for real, of that I'm sure.

So when I pass out candy, I'll grab a handful and deposit 2-3 pieces in each kid's bag. When I did so with one group, one boy about 8 in whose bag I had just dropped 2-3 pieces looked down at the large bowl next to me and said "M&M's." I said, "What?" And he repeated himself, clearly indicating he wanted at least one small bag of M&M's. My reply: "How about you take what I give you?" He turned and walked away.

I have no doubt that the kid is accustomed to getting exactly what he wants. He's learned all he has to do is ask/demand it, even from strangers. I would never have even thought to ask such a thing at that age.

And this is why we can't have nice things any more. Greedy parents beget greedy children, or parents fail to teach their kids respect for others and the cycle starts all over again. And it's getting worse.

The link below also shows one kid actually taking candy out of his bag and putting it in an empty bowl. Again, that could've been a setup too, but at least the author of the piece has his faith restored in humanity. I'm not quite there yet.

If ever.

https://notthebee.com/article/i-have-lost-trust-in-society-after-watching-this-video
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 09:35:15 AM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: Halloween Greed
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 09:44:06 AM »
Only bought $5 worth of candy. Had no trick or treaters.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 10:02:53 AM »
There’s only a couple of urchins in my neighborhood and the parents took them somewhere else. The town had an event for the kids as well as the church I think that’s a good idea nowadays with all the sickos out there.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 01:04:43 AM »
I live out in the undeveloped part of the county, have a long driveway. We never get any trick or treaters. I like it!