Author Topic: The decline of America and its cities  (Read 344 times)

Online Old n Grumpy

The decline of America and its cities
« on: August 13, 2023, 01:11:00 PM »
If you go on YouTube there’s loads of videos from different places across the country showing the decline of the cities and the destruction of their residents from drugs and progressive policies.
  It’s hard to believe that billions of dollars are being spent to “help “ solve this problem but it seems like the money is either being wasted or directed into politicians pockets.
  It’s heartbreaking to see humans passed out in filth and garbage on the sidewalk.
  I can’t understand why people don’t demand that this be put to an end.
https://youtu.be/LT8DcsnfJ_o
https://youtu.be/MYAv-Uvt06w
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: The decline of America and its cities
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 09:26:45 AM »
It began with LBJ:

"The War on Poverty"

"The War on Drugs"

"The War on <fill in the blank>"

The nine most horrifying words ever spoken by man: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

The sad fact is, there will ALWAYS be poverty. There will ALWAYS be drug addicts. There will ALWAYS be those who are destitute. It's a question of degree - how many of those shown in those videos would be clean, sober, and off the streets if there weren't these "War on <fill in the blank>?"
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 11:15:55 AM »
I agree that the war on poverty was the start, lbj did that to buy the black vote. And obviously throwing more money at the problem only makes it worse.
  What I have a hard time understanding is why there is no effort to fix the problem. Instead of pouring good money after bad all the aid needs to stop. That should at least be a start to keep more people from joining the ranks of the homeless addicted.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 12:21:23 PM »
I agree that the war on poverty was the start, lbj did that to buy the black vote. And obviously throwing more money at the problem only makes it worse.
  What I have a hard time understanding is why there is no effort to fix the problem. Instead of pouring good money after bad all the aid needs to stop. That should at least be a start to keep more people from joining the ranks of the homeless addicted.

What I'd posit is simply this: To fix the problem means to erase the problem, and thus no more need to bray for more money, more support from the taxpayer, and less dependence on the government.

Professional politicians (which is basically what we have) absolutely depend on their need to appeal to voters for their next election. Therefore, there is always another problem that demands their (politicians') attention, which means to be reelected.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.