Author Topic: I'm white. Do you ever just get sick of white people?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
I'm white. Do you ever just get sick of white people?
« on: February 03, 2023, 08:16:05 AM »
Dear Lord...
Sometimes you just have to ask if it's all real or not.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217611811

Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:16 PM
Star Member TexasBushwhacker (18,645 posts)

Really, it's just stupid white people, but I got an inquiry on LinkedIn from a headhunter. She's working for a company that is one of the 3 largest CPA firms in the US owned by African Americans. All I could think was HALLELUJAH!

I had a rather tense conversation with my boss and his wife this morning. When I started working for them over 3.5 years ago, there were 3 people in the office full time and 2 part timers. Since August, it's just been me in the office full time because he and his antivax wife infected everyone with COVID and the other 2 people didn't come back. My boss decided he can get so much more done working from home! (And you should see his liquor bills!) His wife is there 50% of the time.

I told them this wasn't what I signed up for and that in almost 6 months, they should have been able to find someone. Their claim is "no one wants to work". I told them they probably weren't paying enough and they said "No, all our friends can't find any help either." Well, their friend is are stingy, stupid white people just like them!

So yeah, I'm ready to work for some smart people of color.

Response to Effete Snob (Reply #1)Fri Feb 3, 2023, 07:41 AM
Star Member Hortensis (55,090 posts)

52. Racism is certainly appallingly pervasive, just pops up everywhere.

:banghead:

Response to Effete Snob (Reply #1)Fri Feb 3, 2023, 08:33 AM
Whiskeytide (4,186 posts)

68. It kind of does matter, though. White people fall into two categories ...

… on this issue. 1) Those who reject and are troubled by the history that created institutional racism in this country, and 2) Those who embrace it and long for its ratification. The second group is what perpetuates it. So the first group - white people who don’t vote for people like Тяцмp - are important, and we need to grow our numbers. That’s why I tell people “not me” all the time. You’re right that it doesn’t change the past, but perhaps it can move the needle a little in the future.

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:41 PM
Star Member ismnotwasm (40,913 posts)

4. Yes. I can't even live in a mostly white neighborhood

The thought of moving for my retirement in a few years to a mostly white and rural county gives me considerable anxiety. Yet it’s one I am considering. Ugh.

I get easily annoyed by white people, when they are minimizing racial issues, or are denying that whiteness is a caste-like social system.

Response to ismnotwasm (Reply #4)Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:54 PM
Star Member usonian (3,876 posts)

9. I moved to a white rural county in CA, no less. Here's what I found.

Guns going off every day (presumably target practice), not a person of color anywhere, not even in the one grocery store, and it's a tourist town, dammit.

Across the street from the gun store is the guy with the ***MP boat in his front yard. (and I don't mean shrimp). Nearest body of water is 35 miles away. They stopped counting the doubly vaccinated rate at 47% (I think. It never changed off that "peak"

One hospital. Nearest alternatives are 50 miles away, including the V.A.

Damn fine place to take scenic photographs. Let's see what the future holds.

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:44 PM
Star Member Aristus (61,090 posts)

5. All the ****ing time.

This country is going to hell because of the stupid shit white people think, and believe, and do.

Hey, white people!: STOP IT!

I’m white. And I’m tired of stupid white people stuff like gunz, gunz, gunz, hillbilly redneck TV like Duck Dynasty and Honey Boo-Boo; I’m tired of white people making heroes out of Kyle Rottenhouse and Donald ****ing Trump! I’m tired of country & western caterwauling being called ‘real American music’. I’m tired of ****ing jet-flyovers at the Super Bowl. I’m tired of anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. I’m tired of “I’m entitled to my opinion” like their blockheaded stupid ****ing opinion is supposed to matter. I’m tired of freedom without accountability. I’m tired of stupid white people with no history of or interest in public service getting elected to Congress. I’m tired of stupid evil white men insisting only they have decision making power over women.

I want to live on a smarter, less white planet…

Response to Aristus (Reply #5)Fri Feb 3, 2023, 08:19 AM
Star Member yardwork (55,675 posts)

65. This. And it won't stop until more of us admit it.

The country is going to hell because of ignorant racist white peoples' behavior. And so far, waaaay too many white Democrats don't want to admit that.

In this thread there are several passive aggressive "not me I don't know what you're talking about" responses, as if the OP is at fault for pointing out the white elephant in the room.

It's not that any "race" (which is a made-up concept - made up by white slave owners who wanted to justify slavery) is inherently good or bad. The problem is that there is currently a group of people in the U.S. who self-identify as a race ("white people) and are running around being as hateful as possible in every imaginable way. The mythology and beliefs that they have created and perpetuate endanger us all.

Anyone with any power who disagrees with them needs to stand up and speak out against this. Every day. Everywhere. Including but not limited to here.

I'm an older white woman. I don't need to keep saying "not me." I need to find ways to fight these people who are "not me." The first step is admitting that the problem exists.

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:48 PM
Star Member Walleye (21,610 posts)

7. I am a white woman, I feel much safer and more comfortable in a room that's all Black people but me

I never feel safe when I’m in a crowd of all white people.

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:54 PM
Star Member ellie (6,882 posts)

8. Yes, I am white and sick of

entitled white people.

I just can't bring it all over, it's a flood of stormfront level **shit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: I'm white. Do you ever just get sick of white people?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 08:50:10 AM »
White people fall into two categories ...

And then there are the ones who are so politically infected that they'll throw their own race under the bus for message board cred.

And the ones that are so stupid that they genuinely believe in racist nonsense to the point that they'll throw their own race under the bus.

And then there are those who know better, but throw their own race under the bus anyway.

Wonder which of the above some of the posters in that thread are.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 08:58:12 AM »
It just doesn't stop...

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Fri Feb 3, 2023, 09:17 AM
Star Member intheflow (27,469 posts)

75. Man, I miss working for smart Black people.

As a white woman in a liberal profession (librarianship), let me just tell you, it ain't just the white Reich wingers that are the problem. It's white culture. I don't doubt my library's leadership sees itself as liberal and supporting diversity, but somehow they can't seem to hire Black or Latino librarians and staff in our 35% Black/40% Latino city. No one on the front lines speaks Spanish. Attempts to change the culture into something resembling DEIB are met with suspicion and resistance, and trying to push for it will lead to being shut out of promotions. (I know this from personal experience.) Any kind of lliberatory work to change the culture from helping poor people to helping our neighbors is shut down immediately

Meanwhile, when I worked for a Black-run non-profit, we worked on very heavy subjects and we also had fun, thoughtful discussions, the workplace was a community in and of itself, and was also a vital part of the larger community we served. Our service to the community was based on community needs and feedback, not what passes for "service" in my library (book clubs reading white authors, computer classes to teach the poor masses of the 21st Century, etc.). My boss and coworkers took the time to get to know me and allowed me to get to know them. It was a cooperative, thoughtful, and focused organization, and I really, really miss it.

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Fri Feb 3, 2023, 09:47 AM
LizBeth (9,612 posts)

81. I had a post on FB the other day where they were talking black people and a string

started yelling thugs. I do not even remember what it was about but in that thread I went off being damn sick and tired of fuggin white people and their racism. Later that day I got flagged by FB and told I was not behaving by FB community standards and got the post deleted and a demerit or something. Ya.... Pretty damn tired of white people.

Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Fri Feb 3, 2023, 09:48 AM
mucifer (22,092 posts)

82. I like to think because I'm
Jewish I’m a little less white. But I know it’s not really true.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 09:15:56 AM »
Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:16 PM
Star Member TexasBushwhacker (18,645 posts)

Really, it's just stupid white people, but I got an inquiry on LinkedIn from a headhunter. She's working for a company that is one of the 3 largest CPA firms in the US owned by African Americans. All I could think was HALLELUJAH!

I had a rather tense conversation with my boss and his wife this morning. When I started working for them over 3.5 years ago, there were 3 people in the office full time and 2 part timers. Since August, it's just been me in the office full time because he and his antivax wife infected everyone with COVID and the other 2 people didn't come back.

Stopped reading right there.  Even with all the information out there it still believes if your vaxxed magically you are not a transmitter of Covid.  Stupid people.  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 09:19:05 AM »
Response to TexasBushwhacker (Original post)Thu Feb 2, 2023, 10:44 PM
Star Member Aristus (61,090 posts)

5. All the ****ing time.

This country is going to hell because of the stupid shit white people think, and believe, and do.

Here's a solution for ya' pal:

Quit using any product that was invented by white people and see how long you can survive.

Sincerely,

White People who are grateful for all the things created and invented by whitey.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 09:27:32 AM »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 10:24:48 AM »

Well, Dim-witted Star Member TexasBushwhacker ...

To answer your question simply.  I also am white, and NO, I do not!!!

Question for you ...

Just what kind of white people do you associate with, to even begin to make you think that way?

~ ABC
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 10:26:39 AM »
I only hate the left wing assholes like you and all the other members of du want to change my country into a Third World shit hole
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 10:29:04 AM »

May I suggest you move to the South Side of Chiraq post haste, as in now, and let me know how you like it.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 10:32:33 AM »
[quote 1. I remain flabbergasted by how ingrained racism is

It seems that a lot of white people are made uncomfortable by the mere presence of African Americans.

The fact remains that a majority of white people voted for Trump both times.
][/quote]

What about all you dumpers that voted for senile Joe and over the hill Hillary

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 11:36:50 AM »
I love white people... except for the liberal ones.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 11:47:14 AM »
Odd, that white people are only 9% of the global population, but are to blame for 100% of the problems.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 12:29:25 PM »
[quote . I don't doubt my library's leadership sees itself as liberal and supporting diversity, but somehow they can't seem to hire Black or Latino librarians and staff in our 35% Black/40% Latino city][/quote]

Maybe it’s because they can’t find any that are qualified  :thatsright:

Maybe it’s because reading and writing are not part of diversity

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 12:37:20 PM »
Dear DUmb DUchebag,

Please kill yourself and take a very DUmb and DUcheywhite person out of the gene pool.

Sincerely,

Smart White People Everywhere
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 12:43:19 PM »
What was his DU name?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11709283/Doctor-cycling-Pacific-Coast-Highway-mowed-Lexus-stabbed-death-driver.html

Horror moment dad-of-two California doctor, 58, cycling on Pacific Coast Highway is mowed down by a Lexus and then stabbed to death by the driver - a former accountant making 'white privilege' slurs who was restrained by shocked bystanders
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 01:32:25 PM »

Does someone want to tell this person that they already live in a world where whites make up about 16% of the population?

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »

Those words in that order do not make sense.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 03:19:58 PM »
Those words in that order do not make sense.

The primitive could presumably make the planet less white and smarter, by leaving it.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 03:22:54 PM »
Are these people referring to the Racist White People that voted for Hillary over Obama in 2008?

Asking for a friend.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 03:32:51 PM »
Are these people referring to the Racist White People that voted for Hillary over Obama in 2008?

Asking for a friend.

Probably referring to those racist white people who only gave Kamala-toe Hairs 1% of the delegates won in the Dim'Rat primary back in 2020.

:fuelfire: :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 03:33:19 PM »
That looks like an enormous and appalling circlejerk thread.  I'm not rowing over to that tiresome hot mess.

What if black CPA's don't want to hire the OP? 

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »

Move to Africa

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 06:38:52 PM »

Although, speaking as an honest-to-God-non-racist, I concur!!!!! ...

"Move to Africa"

Not sure how much smarter they are ...

But for sure there are indeed less whites there!  :-)

ETA ... Mercy ! What happened to the above quote from the grumpy old one ( :-))??? 

Oh well! ~ ABC
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:49:46 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2023, 07:45:09 PM »

What if black CPA's don't want to hire the OP?

Ha! Ha!   Good one girl!!!  And that would indeed be well deserved for the fool!   :rotf:

~ ABC  :hi5:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 07:48:20 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 11:53:48 AM »
The racism and hypocrisy are strong with this one.
So, because this DUmmy's boss is apparently a jerk, that's a justification to hate an entire group based on skin color?

" I’m tired of country & western caterwauling being called ‘real American music’."
Well, I'm tired of obscene, barely- coherent jabbering which requires no creativity or effort or skill at all by talentless, brainless (c)rappers like Cardi B and Youngboy being called "music" at all, let alone topping music charts and guiding untold millions of kids and teens into embracing a toxic, self- destructive "Ghetto" lifestyle.