Author Topic: Moses reflecting on 145,000 posts of nonsense..  (Read 681 times)

Offline RuralNc

Moses reflecting on 145,000 posts of nonsense..
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:10:46 PM »
Ok. Ill save you the trouble. Moses here decides its time to take a step back from what he calls his "originals posts", and help out in other ways. Also, he whines and cries about how Obama and Biden could do so much more (damage) had the idiot voters gave them a stronger congress.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217588597

MineralMan (144,933 posts)

:old: On Approaching 145,000 Posts, I'm Going to Slow Way Down

I joined DU in November of 2008. President Obama had just been elected as President, and I was over the moon with excitement about the possibilities. We seemed to be on the verge of a sea change in the course of our nation's progress. I decided that I would bring my years of experience in Democratic politics and campaigning to a popular national discussion forum.

Despite my optimism, I arrived here, only to see some DUers attacking the newly elected President for not being good enough, not being progressive enough, and not something else enough. Even as he worked to help Americans obtain more affordable healthcare, he was attacked on this very website. One DUer famously called him a "POS used car salesman," for Pete's sake!

Worse, despite his popularity, we were never able to give him a large enough majority in Congress to do all he might have done. Still, I maintained my optimism and did my best to encourage actions that would lead to that majority in the future.

Barack Obama led the nation through two terms in office, constantly trying to get progressive programs through a reluctant Congress. We never gave him a fully supportive Congress. Instead, many of us complained about what he didn't accomplish, rather than praising him for what he did accomplish.

After two terms as President, he had to move on. In 2016, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton ran for the office. She had served the nation well and enthusiastically. She was opposed in 2016 by an insane buffoon of a man, Donald J. Trump. Surely she would defeat such a poor excuse for a presidential candidate.

It wasn't to be. Even here on DU, candidate Clinton was attacked for whatever reasons could be mustered. I was dismayed through that entire campaign process. How could we attack a qualified, progressive woman who ran as a Democrat, when the Republican opponent was such an obviously unhinged, dangerous man? But we did. I believed that US voters would come through on election day, nevertheless, and elect Hillary Clinton. After all, so much was at stake, including several potential Supreme Court justices.

That was not to be, either. Enough disgruntled "progressives" refused to vote for candidate Clinton that three states were lost. Just three states and by precious few votes. I knew a few people who voted for Jill Stein, myself. Their reason? "I just don't like Hillary." Donald J. Trump was inaugurated in January. The Supreme Court shifted to a strong, conservative majority, and that spelled the end of Roe v. Wade, as we had been warned.

In 2020, we came to our senses and elected Joe Biden as President. However, we failed, once again, to give him a strong majority in Congress. Indeed, we lost our majority in the House in 2022, if only by a small, 4-vote margin. Despite that, President Biden has managed to accomplish much. Surely we would reward his success by working tirelessly to regain our congressional majority and magnify it. Right? Nope.

Instead, we now begin to complain about President Biden and declare him to be too old to run again. We appear ready to sever our collective nose once again to spite our collective face. Not only could we lose the presidency in 2024, we could also lose both houses of Congress.

All because some of us are unable to accept anything less than perfection. We risk losing everything for some vague expectation that we can have a perfect government. How could we be so stupid, again and again?

So, I will continue to log in on DU, as I have since 2008. I have a permanent tab open on it in my web browser. However, I will not be posting original posts here very often. I'm shifting my focus onto other ways I can try to influence things. I am tired, at the age of 77 years. I remain hopeful, but am also doubtful, unfortunately. It has not been a great 14 years. Nope.

Good luck to all of us! Good luck to the United States of America!

Oh please dont. We have so much more mockery to make of you.  :naughty:

Online Karin

Re: Moses reflecting on 145,000 posts of nonsense..
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:36:53 PM »
Oh Grooooooaaaan.  Look at that impenetrable wall of words.  Same as it always was, 145,000 freaking posts later, and it's still the same.  Just a hard slog of physical labor to even work up the head of steam to consider reading it. 

These ancient mariner DUers need to get with the program.  120 characters or less.  Make it snappy, gramps. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 03:44:20 PM »
145,000 posts, that's disgusting. Get a life already Rock Head.

I'm already betting that he won't curtail his posting at all. Promises like that never tend to work out, and clearly he/she/it has no posting discipline with that obscene total of posts.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 04:26:22 PM »
Oh Grooooooaaaan.  Look at that impenetrable wall of words.  Same as it always was, 145,000 freaking posts later, and it's still the same.  Just a hard slog of physical labor to even work up the head of steam to consider reading it. 

These ancient mariner DUers need to get with the program.  120 characters or less.  Make it snappy, gramps.

Oh believe me. It was a challenge. I had to freshen up my cup of coffee. Twice.  :p

145,000 posts, that's disgusting. Get a life already Rock Head.

I'm already betting that he won't curtail his posting at all. Promises like that never tend to work out, and clearly he/she/it has no posting discipline with that obscene total of posts.

Doing the math, it comes out to around 26 posts per day. Every day. For 15 years. Let that sink in.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 05:05:39 PM »
Oh believe me. It was a challenge. I had to freshen up my cup of coffee. Twice.  :p

Doing the math, it comes out to around 26 posts per day. Every day. For 15 years. Let that sink in.

Not just 26 posts per day, but 26 500-1000 word essays per day.  His combined DU posts would eclipse Tolstoy's works by several orders of magnitude.  And in all those words he rarely came close to posting a cogent thought.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 05:48:50 PM »
Not just 26 posts per day, but 26 500-1000 word essays per day.  His combined DU posts would eclipse Tolstoy's works by several orders of magnitude.  And in all those words he rarely came close to posting a cogent thought.

The internet equivalent of someone who enjoys hearing himself talk.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 06:07:18 PM »

That is about as concise a desciption of Rockhead as I've ever seen. Of course, that also describes about 90% of the rest of inmates of Skinner's Island of Misfit ****-ups.

:cheers1:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 06:09:20 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 07:04:07 PM »
Once upon a time, I lived in Minnesota. Once upon a time, Minnesota was a nice place to live.

People like rock-head made it a sucky, expensive, nanny-state place to live.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 07:11:54 PM »

Well, ADsOutburst, may I call you simply "AO" in here  please, I am still only a 2 fingered  "hunt & peck" typist!  I am!  I am!  :-)

Don't be so hard on the poor guy. :-)

For all we know DU gives out "participation awards" to any & all posters in the collective and the more words the better!!!  No matter how nonsensical they are!   :rotf:

~ ABC   

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 07:17:52 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 07:56:46 PM »

Just did some quick math on my own account here, and I've been posting here for just over 15 years, and I don't even average 26 posts per week. In fact, I doubt I've ever made 26 posts in a single day here.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 10:38:33 PM »
Ok. Ill save you the trouble. Moses here decides its time to take a step back from what he calls his "originals posts", and help out in other ways.

he sure does fancy himself, that's for sure. he has always has this cloud stench of arrogance about him

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 11:04:04 PM »
> MineralMan (144,933 posts)  On Approaching 145,000 Posts, I'm Going to Slow Way Down.  I joined DU in November of 2008.

Lame Newbie.  By the time he stuck his limp self into the stink, many of we had hundreds of socks hung out to dry on Granite Headstones :-) 

The contest for DU braggart is a close race between he and DFW.  Pompuss Cucks all.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 12:20:56 AM »
> MineralMan (144,933 posts)  On Approaching 145,000 Posts, I'm Going to Slow Way Down.  I joined DU in November of 2008.

The contest for DU braggart is a close race between he and DFW.  Pompuss Cucks all.

Don't forget the PCIngrate.  He gives them a run for their money on the braggart sprint

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 02:08:20 AM »
Don't forget the PCIngrate.  He gives them a run for their money on the braggart sprint

I think Brooklynite wins on the name-dropping front.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 03:27:26 AM »
>I think Brooklynite wins on the name-dropping front.

True.  Its money talks and its daring bravado against the absolute dimships is air as fresh as anal fresh release.

Online Karin

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 09:56:26 AM »
DFW is the name dropping champ.  Brooklynite likes to drop the titles, as in the "chairman of the NYC democratic party, we had lunch yesterday."  Blah blah blah. 

Looks like in my 15 years here, I have averaged 3 per day.  Most of mine are one or two liners.  I don't like to waste people's time.

Nance Greggs is another one with her wall of words.  I never, ever read her.  Her posts are pure bitch poison. 

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 02:29:40 PM »

Can you say get a life  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!