Author Topic: Atticus thinks he has Christians on the run with the Chrisleys  (Read 586 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Atticus thinks he has Christians on the run with the Chrisleys
« on: January 21, 2023, 09:38:55 AM »
Atticus (14,621 posts)

So, the Chrisleys, the "squeaky clean" CHRISTIAN couple who, for years, hosted a TV show and
held themselves up as paragons of virtue and "proof" that God rewards the hardworking faithful---are starting their prison sentences. He will serve 12 years; she will serve 7. It seems their "success" involved frauds that yielded them over 30 million dollars and funded their $300,000 a year clothes spending.

But, hey---at least they weren't gay and didn't do doobies, amiright?

Alternative title: Dollar Store TheMastersNemesis Saunters Over to DailyMail.com

Lurking DUmmies who think you've found a penny, let me explain this whole Chrisleys thing to you, from the perspective of an actual conservative:

The Chrisleys are popular with the group of idiots who watch reality TV. They are on par with the Kardashians, the Real Housewives, and apparently every black person in Atlanta, because it seems to me that if you navigate reality TV programs enough, you will eventually encounter every black person in the city of Atlanta.

I do not believe that any Christian would recognize the Chrisleys as Christians, nor would they recognize any of the Chrisley's values as Christian. Any Christian who does relate to them, in any case, is free to do so, this being a free country and all.

Having been virtually locked in a hotel room one snowy day, I actually watched an episode of that dreck, and here is my takeaway:

1. The taste in clothing, houses, and vehicles endemic to reality TV stars is puzzling to me, but at least it makes them easy to identify;
2. These people have had more plastic surgery than the average reality TV star;
3. That Chrisley father is gayer than three dudes blowing two dudes, so consequently...
4. ...that Chrisley mother hasn't been shtupped in decades, unless...
5. ...one of the dudes on adjoining reality shows is shtupping her on the sly, which makes you think...
6. ...that Chrisley father, who is gayer than an extra in a Cher music video, is also getting shtupped by the same dude who's shtupping his wife, and indeed...
7. ...I suspect the only person happier than me that he's going to prison is HIM, seeing as how anal sexual congress is one way to make your way in prison. 

In any event, Atticus, you Failed-i-cus. Why don't you ****Officus.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline RuralNc

Re: Atticus thinks he has Christians on the run with the Chrisleys
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 01:26:42 PM »
"Dollar Store TheMastersNemesis"

:lmao: So accurate..  :lmao:

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 05:01:03 PM »
Alternative title: Dollar Store TheMastersNemesis Saunters Over to DailyMail.com

Well...atticus is certainly more deft at jumping to conclusions, but not nearly as good as stumping for them, and is in twice as much danger of being bitten by an ankle biter, so there is that.

:-)

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 05:20:29 PM »

Well...atticus is certainly more deft at jumping to conclusions, but not nearly as good as stumping for them, and is in twice as much danger of being bitten by an ankle biter, so there is that.

Kicking for visibility.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 10:34:00 AM »
Um, I'm a conservative Christian, and I've never even heard of those people.
What I AM familiar with, however, are the repeated warnings Jesus gave to beware of false "Christians" who outwardly seem holy and righteous, but are in fact hypocritical frauds cynically exploiting and perverting the Gospel for their own  personal gain.
Matthew 7:21- 23 comes to mind.
These Chrisleys, whoever they are, come across as the exact sorts of people Jesus was talking about in that passage.
May they serve out their sentence, and hopefully be brought to sincere repentance in prison so they may learn to truly, earnestly walk with Jesus.

LOL!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 12:01:19 PM »
Um, I'm a conservative Christian, and I've never even heard of those people.
What I AM familiar with, however, are the repeated warnings Jesus gave to beware of false "Christians" who outwardly seem holy and righteous, but are in fact hypocritical frauds cynically exploiting and perverting the Gospel for their own  personal gain.
Matthew 7:21- 23 comes to mind.
These Chrisleys, whoever they are, come across as the exact sorts of people Jesus was talking about in that passage.
May they serve out their sentence, and hopefully be brought to sincere repentance in prison so they may learn to truly, earnestly walk with Jesus.

LOL!

:hi5:

As another evil Bible-thumping ditto head, I never heard of them, their show, or the case, cause I hear "reality TV" and tune out immediately. 

Atticus once again falls into the moonbat "I operate on a hive mind mentality, so every other group must as well"  false equivalence.  Funny that everytime a Christian or Republican or conservative or non-moonbat white person does something wrong, it applies to every member of the group, but whenever someone from their flavor of the month protected classes does something, it's a)not their fault b)an isolated case or c)completely ignored (see the case of the pedo adoptive parents I posted the other day, or the California mass shooting now that the suspect isn't a white conservative, or all the rapes/murders/drunk driving deaths perpetrated by illegals streaming over our boarder, ect, ect). 

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 07:28:42 AM »
I've never heard of these people, so I don't care.  But I saw Jill Biden referred to as a "Dollar Tree Linda Evans."   :lmao: