Author Topic: I get it---I'm old. One poster recently referred to DU as an "old folks home",  (Read 478 times)

Offline CC27

Mon Jan 23, 2023, 12:02 PM
Star Member Atticus (14,641 posts)

I get it---I'm old. One poster recently referred to DU as an "old folks home", or words to that

effect. The "old folks" contingent on DU is, of course, dwindling---dying off. We used to be the future but we are no longer.

Does that mean we're irrelevant?

Are all our opinions "quaint" and worthless in today's fast-paced society?

Does replacing hubris with humility mean we are suddenly weak-minded droolers?

Yeah, I know: "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen", right?

Whatever, I guess. I'll just toddle away now to drink my prune juice, adjust my support stockings and change my Depends.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217582951

Used to be the future??  :rotf:

Offline 67 Rover

Whatever, I guess. I'll just toddle away now to drink my prune juice, adjust my support stockings and change my Depends.

Brandon is that you?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

Used to be the future??  :rotf:

The future what is the question...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Atticus

Does that mean we're irrelevant?

You provide someone that normal people can point and laugh at, so that's something. Of course, that was true of you 20 years ago and also includes the younger primitives. You're all idiots that are irrelevant who want to believe you're relevant. So, at least on some level, you're not completely irrelevant.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

posts)

I get it---I'm old. One poster recently referred to DU as an "old folks home", or words to that

effect. The "old folks" contingent on DU is, of course, dwindling---dying off just not fast enough,. We used to be the future but we are no longer.

Does that mean we're irrelevant?  most definitely, and maybe you were never relevent

Are all our opinions "quaint" and worthless in today's fast-paced society? not only worthless but destructive and disruptive

Does replacing hubris with humility mean we are suddenly weak-minded droolers? yup

Yeah, I know: "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen", right?

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
The future what is the question...

DUmmies that used to be he future are now the present.

And as we all know, the present isn't good.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BamaMoose

Brooklynite for the win:

brooklynite (84,304 posts)

32. Is someone challenging your opinions based on age?

Maybe they're just bad opinions?

Atticus, it's not that your old, it's that your an old, bitter, obnoxious, stupid asshole.  So you can rest easy knowing that people don't look at you as a broken-down old man.  They're just amazed that, unlike most people, you didn't gain any wisdom with age.