Author Topic: The Union League in Philly...Jesus.  (Read 215 times)

Online CC27

The Union League in Philly...Jesus.
« on: January 25, 2023, 07:46:32 AM »
Star Member PCIntern (23,301 posts)

The Union League in Philly...Jesus.

https://nbcphiladelphia.app.link/K1w76v5rSwb

I have posted here in the past about this institution which dates back hundreds of years here. It was until very recently a bastion of white, Protestant, racist, Republican, rich men who control enormous portions of the business of the city. They worked hard to keep Jews, blacks, and other “riffraff“ out of city politics, commerce, and places of Importance. Somewhat recently however, they fell on hard times, and absorbed a center city institution , (which was known as the Jewish club) called the Locust Club and were “forced“ to take Jews in. Many members of the Locust club declined to join due to the virulent right wing political nature of the Union League.

They honored Ron DeSantis last night, and they have to my knowledge not promulgated any rationale for doing so other than the usual gibberish that you read on some certificate that the Podunk city council gives to any given individual. The leadership in the city was decidedly less than pleased with this occurrence, and it is just typical of this organization to not give a single shit what anyone else thinks.

To give you an idea of how insane this place is, and was, about 40 years ago, I was invited to an organizational formal dinner which was held there (as a +1), and when the maître d’ or whatever you wanted to call him, took one look at me he took my coat and would not let me proceed to the check room, but ushered me into the dining room and brought me my coat check. Actually, kind of tossed it to me. I was singularly chosen due to my beard, mustache, and general ethnic appearance to be “honored” in this fashion. **** them sideways.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217588464

STFU already. Whiny.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: The Union League in Philly...Jesus.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 11:27:11 AM »
I wonder what they would say if someone protested a meeting or award for calypso, Louis or Race baiter Al Sharpton?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RuralNc

Re: The Union League in Philly...Jesus.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 01:54:59 PM »
The morons will whine and cry about anything that challenges their fictional and very narrow world view.  :whatever: