Author Topic: The debt ceiling and why Republicans are trying to **** us  (Read 477 times)

Offline CC27

The debt ceiling and why Republicans are trying to **** us
« on: January 19, 2023, 08:26:25 AM »
Cyrano (14,097 posts)

The debt ceiling and why Republicans are trying to **** us

Republicans want to cut big government, mainly, Social Security, Medicare, education, and the entire social safety net. Most of them don't want to say this out loud, so they're trying to accomplish it by refusing to raise the debt ceiling.

And what do they want to do with the money saved by cutting these programs? Give tax breaks to the wealthy who are their owners. Who's going to pay for those tax breaks? Us peasants.

Republicans are not like the rest of us. Perhaps evolution skipped over them, or perhaps they have a missing gene. Whatever the reason, they are some of the worst dicks in existence. And they really don't give a shit if any of us live or die. Yet we, the majority, keep playing by rules and trying to focus on progress. What's wrong with us? Don't we recognize a deadly threat when we see it? The damn thing is, most of us see it, but we don't seem to be doing very much about it. (And please don't ask me what we should be doing, as I don't have the answer.)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217572367

Stop embarrassing yourself idiot

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: The debt ceiling and why Republicans are trying to **** us
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 09:04:23 AM »
Leftists worship at the altar of big government, when they aren't hailing Satan.

This is the same playbook as the 1990's:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 10:01:35 AM »
Won't somebody think of our poor underpaid government workers? What about all the leeches and parasite that get welfare, food stamps, section 8 rent, and all the other freebies?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 11:11:56 AM »
Who's going to pay for those tax breaks? Us peasants.

Who do you think is paying every time you raise this country's  credit card limit ?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 11:49:35 AM »
And what do they want to do with the money saved by cutting these programs? Give tax breaks to the wealthy who are their owners. Who's going to pay for those tax breaks? Us peasants.
DUmmies have no idea what % of collected taxes the "wealthy" actually pay compared to the to % the peasants pay.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 05:01:22 PM »
The idea that tax breaks have to be 'paid for' is ridiculous left/bureaucrat-speak.

People who use that argument almost always have punchable faces.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 08:17:23 PM »
The idea that tax breaks have to be 'paid for' is ridiculous left/bureaucrat-speak.

People who use that argument almost always have punchable faces.

Leftist scum aren't people, sooo...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 08:20:38 AM »
Republicans want to cut big government, mainly, Social Security, Medicare, education, and the entire social safety net. Most of them don't want to say this out loud, so they're trying to accomplish it by refusing to raise the debt ceiling.

When you read the phrase "Most don't want to say this out loud" should be replaced with "I have absolutely no proof of this but I'm going to say it because it sounds good".
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 09:16:25 AM »
Leftist scum aren't people, sooo...

Touche.

Which proves that even sub-human scum can have a punchable face.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 12:35:15 PM »
I seem to remember a time whenthe Govt. shut down. Things improved.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 01:21:48 PM »
I seem to remember a time whenthe Govt. shut down. Things improved.

That's because you aren't a professional leech who depends of nanny gub'mint for every aspect of survival.

Congratulations; you aren't cut out to be a DUmmy.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus