Author Topic: Could I please calmly and politely request AGAIN that posters not use acronyms  (Read 890 times)

Offline CC27

Atticus (14,571 posts)

Could I please calmly and politely request AGAIN that posters not use acronyms unless

they are COMMONLY used and understood?

We should not have to Google a string of letters in order to understand your post.

I don't need to give examples because MANY know what I'm talking about.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217566747

Can you please STFU

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Can you please STFU

I'd settle for Flatulus ESAD, personally.  :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RuralNc

That old asshat could complain about a beautiful sunny day.  :p

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
That old asshat could complain about a beautiful sunny day.  :p

Atticus is rapidly ascending to the throne created by TheMastersNemesis, and I could not be happier. Maybe one of his feet will abandon ship, just like Bob's.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jukin

Dear DUnatic DUchebag farticus,

EABOD and then DIAF.

Jukin
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

DU is FUBAR.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
DU is FUBAR.

At DU, the normal day is SNAFU..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Online 67 Rover

LGB

46 4A 42
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline RuralNc

Atticus is rapidly ascending to the throne created by TheMastersNemesis, and I could not be happier. Maybe one of his feet will abandon ship, just like Bob's.

You mean ol' hop-along?  :lmao: You might just be onto something.

1. Hateful? Check.

2. Deranged? Check.

3. Missing a foot? In-progress.

You mean ol' hop-along?  :lmao: You might just be onto something.

1. Hateful? Check.

2. Deranged? Check.

3. Missing a foot? In-progress.

Yea, ole hop-a-long, who got so bad even DU put him into a timeout..

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
(Watch this drive Flatulus into apoplexy...)  :-)

Hey Flatulus -

RD7S2 55TWQ L2Y93 NLWTM 8P8FF BMJOE KU3V8 S14XQ Z7938 WHSYC NX6S2
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Hey Flatulus -

Atticus mental acumen is the same as the guy we'd put on the bow of the ship to watch for the mail buoy..

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
Atticus mental acumen is the same as the guy we'd put on the bow of the ship to watch for the mail buoy..

Bet you could get him to lose a whole day trying to get you a bucket of prop wash too.
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Bet you could get him to lose a whole day trying to get you a bucket of prop wash too.

No, but the photographers onboard would send the newbies for a bottle of cloud eradicator so they could see through the clouds on overhead photos..

Personally I'd send them for a 1/4 amp FM fuse..(Radioman thing. Not fully connecting the patch cord resulted in the TTY doing a jitter kinda thing. Only a new fuse could fix it).

Offline Old n Grumpy

Could I please calmly and politely request AGAIN that posters not use acronyms

Ask all you want but No one cares enough to listen. Lol :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RuralNc

WhiskeyGrinder (18,918 posts)

21. What does AGAIN stand for

Effete Snob (5,147 posts)

63. Atticus Going Apeshit Is Normal

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Scrivener7 (46,169 posts)

89. That's not nice.

Holy God. Thats effing hilarious.  :hyper:

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

Hey Flatulus -

Someone, change the combination of my luggage Windows XP CD key!!

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
No, but the photographers onboard would send the newbies for a bottle of cloud eradicator so they could see through the clouds on overhead photos..

Personally I'd send them for a 1/4 amp FM fuse..(Radioman thing. Not fully connecting the patch cord resulted in the TTY doing a jitter kinda thing. Only a new fuse could fix it).

Can of compression, piston return springs, new level bubbles...

:rotf:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Dblhaul

Dear Atticus, ESAD.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Dear Atticus, ESAD.

Even worse, Dbhaul ...

Let him E a load of freshly deposited Cat S from her litterbox!

I swear, the smell alone is enough to kill anyone!!!  :-)

~ ABC
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Atticus (14,571 posts) Could I please calmly and politely request AGAIN that posters not use acronyms unless they are COMMONLY used ...

DILLIGAF POSCSB?  EYOSAD.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Atticus (14,571 posts) Could I please calmly and politely request AGAIN that posters not use acronyms unless they are COMMONLY used ...

DILLIGAF POSCSB?  EYOSAD.

Holy cow, D D ... Had me looking up your  acronyms , only one I will comment on is ...

"DILLIGAF" and presume you used the *polite* one  for the "f", meaning FLIP!!!   :-)

At least you are keeping me up to date with all you youngsters in here!   Thanks!

~ ABC
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 06:52:09 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Holy cow, D D ... Had me looking up your  acronyms , only one I will comment on is ...

"DILLIGAF" and presume you used the *polite* one  for the "f", meaning FLIP!!!   :-)

At least you are keeping me up to date with all you youngsters in here!   Thanks!

~ ABC

I like inserting fahrvergnugen from the old VW commercials into such acronyms, myself.  Further confuses folks. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I like inserting fahrvergnugen from the old VW commercials into such acronyms, myself.  Further confuses folks.

Personally enjoy making up portmanteaus that have never been uttered before. Those also confuse people and can be an amusing inside joke amongst friends.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender