Author Topic: NYC mayor visits Texas border - DUmp confused  (Read 225 times)

Offline RuralNc

NYC mayor visits Texas border - DUmp confused
« on: January 17, 2023, 07:42:58 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217566661

brooklynite (84,184 posts)

NYC mayor visits Texas border, blasts feds' migrant response

Associated Press

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — During a visit to the Texas border city of El Paso, New York Mayor Eric Adams offered up a blistering criticism of the federal government’s response to the influx of immigrants into U.S. cities, saying, “We need clear coordination.”

He said Sunday that cities where immigrants are flowing to need help from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

“Our cities are being undermined. And we don’t deserve this. Migrants don’t deserve this. And the people who live in the cities don’t deserve this,” Adams said as he wrapped up a weekend visit to El Paso. “We expect more from our national leaders to address this issue in a real way.”

Adams said New York City has been overwhelmed. Since last spring, New York City has welcomed about 40,000 asylum seekers, and last week they saw a record of close to 840 asylum seekers arriving in one day, according to Adams.

Lets be honest. How bad does it have to be that a Dem. Mayor from up North decides to go all the way down to the Border to criticize the Fed? Finally getting a taste of what they are all for I guess. And im guessing, they dont like it.

The only help these illegal's should get is getting back on the other side of the fence. 

Raven123 (3,779 posts)

1. I don't get Eric Adams. Not disagreeing with his point, but this plays into the GOP

Its called real life. Its called criminals, who are breaking the law. Stop making it about Politics for once.

gab13by13 (14,427 posts)

2. What's your take on this Brooklynite?

Does Adams have a valid point or is he campaigning?

Oh good lord. Can you not have an original thought?

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: NYC mayor visits Texas border - DUmp confused
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 07:47:17 AM »
1. I don't get Eric Adams. Not disagreeing with his point, but this plays into the GOP

The reality of the situation “plays into the GOP”.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: NYC mayor visits Texas border - DUmp confused
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »
The reality of the situation “plays into the GOP”.

Just for fun - what does the DUmp think we do with the daily deluge of humanity that crosses the border? Those thousands of people eat, drink, breathe, sleep, pee, crap, and everything else that humans do. Does DU think there are adequate facilities and infrastructure to house these people in Texas, Arizona, California, Florida, and other points of entry? There aren't, because the border is supposed to operate in an orderly fashion, with a process to migrate to the US.

Liberals think an open border means anyone come in, because it'll turn red states blue and blue states bluer, and all those people are automatons who do nothing but vote Dem.

If all those people are coming here for "asylum," then why the **** aren't DUmmies hopping up and down for us to invest in the countries they're coming from? We have plenty of money for Ukraine - why don't we have money to help Honduras, Nicaragua, and the others, where things are SO BAD that their entire population is streaming northward? (By the way, all we heard from 2003-2018 or so was "we have plenty of money for endless war, so why not.....". In that vein, I am now using "we have plenty of money for Ukraine...") At this point, why not annex those countries, make them states, and suck up their resources? I can assure you all that we need the tax base to pay for debt interest and entitlements. I am all for annexing Mexico and Canada for the same reasons.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.