Author Topic: DUmmy whines about Bidenflation - hilarity ensues  (Read 876 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
DUmmy whines about Bidenflation - hilarity ensues
« on: January 15, 2023, 10:07:45 AM »
Star Member edhopper (30,352 posts)

They are not telling the story of food price inflation
while I see reports of 6%, 8% and 9% inflation, I see little that tells what I see at the grocery store, there are products that have gone up 50% to 100% without explanations. Fuel prices are down and these are not foreign products. Butter double what it was. Cans of tomatoes were $1.99, now on sale 2 for $5. Corn chips on sale 2 for $9, that is the sale price!! I just bought a bunch a scallions for $1.99, I used to get them 2 for $1. Soup that was $3.99 is now $5.99 (these are just examples that come to mind, but it is throughout the store)

I am sure you all have seen the same thing, but I rarely if ever see any News story that looks into this. I think there is something going on beyond "inflation".

You're right about one thing, dipshit - they AREN'T telling the whole story about inflation. Allow me to help you out...

This is the mind of the DUmmy: the government reports X% inflation, say, 5%. Because DUmmies are dumb, they take that to mean that the price of anything - anything at all - is up by 5% over the reference period. Let's "unpack," as liberals like to say:

1. This is DUmb because the hypothetical 5% is an AVERAGE. An inflation rate can be 3% for some things, and 10% for others. Because DUmmies are DUmb, they do not and cannot understand the concept of variance. Their lack of understanding of variance, incidentally, is what causes them to use unusually hot weather in summertime, or unusually dry or wet rainy seasons, to claim that the climate is changing. Discussion for another day.

2. This average is based on a hypothetical market basket of goods which may not apply to DUmmies, in any case. I do not vouchsafe, for example, that the market basket upon which inflation measures are created consists solely of weed, Cheetos, ice cream, pseudo-microbrews, Krispy Kremes, and packs of Tareyton 100s. So naturally, the market basket does not apply to DUmmies, in any case.

Yet none of this is truly satisfying, because the DUmmy has a hidden premise s/h/it post: if the government, their lord, master, provider, and mommy, says that inflation is 5%, then ANYTHING THAT HAS GONE UP OVER 5% MUST BE FOR PROFITEERING OR OTHER NEFARIOUS REASONS.

This premise is accepted by all DUmmies, of course. It can't be, for example, because of the incompetence of the government in containing avian flu, or the effect of CA Prop 12, or the ongoing supply chain crisis, or plain old bad weather affecting crops (psst - midwest farmers are saying it ain't getting better soon), or the effects of woke ****tards in the White House making it far more expensive to move anything anywhere. It HAS to be profiteering.

Which, suppose it IS profiteering. So? Private businesses do private stuff. Why not remove barriers to competition, Biden-lovers?

The real issue is that inflation is much worse than is being reported by the government - they are lying to make themselves look like they have the slightest idea what to do about anything. The true inflation rate is at least double, if not higher, and for food it's double THAT. I don't see why this would be controversial - for example, we recently found out that Q2 was actually a complete bust for job creation, as the Fed reduced job creation by over one million. Moreover, recent job reports downplay the role of part time jobs in these "excellent" results DUmmies crow about. Which is odd, because I distinctly remember the DUmbasses calling the Bush expansion post-2002 nothing but "McJobs." 

So, the government lies, anyway, and DUmmies pin the blame anywhere but on their Dear Leader, because just like the most well-trained North Koreans, they would rather see their children suffer a race between starvation and frostbite before they so much as think anything askance of a Democrat.

I hope you DU assholes turn into hungry moron popsicles, unless you die from the jab first.  I hope your children are removed from your "care," as well, so they don't have to suffer the emotional and economic consequences of your depraved stupidity.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 10:10:06 AM by BannedFromDU »
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jukin

Re: DUmmy whines about Bidenflation - hilarity ensues
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 10:20:24 AM »
SNAP. food stamps, was given a 12.4% increase last year. Social Security was given an 8.3% increase. Got to take care of the people that put nothing into the system better (50% better) than those that did. Hmmm I wonder what race SS payees are and what races food stamp payees are? No I don't. I know.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 10:59:06 AM »
And no one mentions the can of beans that went up 15% and has less beans and more water. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 11:00:20 AM »
SNAP. food stamps, was given a 12.4% increase last year. Social Security was given an 8.3% increase. Got to take care of the people that put nothing into the system better (50% better) than those that did. Hmmm I wonder what race SS payees are and what races food stamp payees are? No I don't. I know.

Those on social security usually don’t riot
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 12:01:36 PM »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 01:26:54 PM »
1. This is DUmb because the hypothetical 5% is an AVERAGE. An inflation rate can be 3% for some things, and 10% for others. Because DUmmies are DUmb, they do not and cannot understand the concept of variance.

Indeed, however, they'll be the first to tell you that "consistency is the hobgoblin of the small mind" when they feel it's useful to do so.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 03:14:18 PM »
And no one mentions the can of beans that went up 15% and has less beans and more water. :thatsright:

They don't want to upset hoyts self defense proposals.

:-)

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 03:33:30 PM »
Link?  Always fun to watch the ants scramble on the hill...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 08:04:37 PM »
Link?  Always fun to watch the ants scramble on the hill...

Huh? I put a link, as always.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2023, 10:29:06 PM »
I think there is something going on beyond "inflation".

It's called voting for a Democrat.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 11:19:29 AM »
DUmmies, the Lieden admin is artificially suppressing gas (oil) prices in an attempt to "break" Russia's  economy. It is NOT a good indicator of inflation.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 01:52:04 PM »
What these morons also fail to realize, and honestly most regular folks, is that Grocery Stores run on razor thin margins to begin with. But, with that being said, there is some buffer room to eat some of the cost. Stores dont want to alienate the customers by having prices change to dramatically, rather they would ride out the storm. Until they no longer can, and the price must go up.

The egg situation is one that has been brewing for about a year. I have the receipts (literally) to prove it. At wholesale, the cost of eggs have nearly tripled in price. That has to eventually trickle over to the retail side of things.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 09:41:51 AM »

Do not conflate welfare with a forced retirement savings plan.  People paid into SS with the premise iSS would pay it back to us,

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 10:56:27 AM »
Read today that since the criminal and illegal installation put Sponge Joe Shitpants in to office that there has been a loss in stocks and bonds of over $10 trillion..... but best economy ever.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2023, 03:04:53 PM »
Huh? I put a link, as always.

Sorry - I missed it as I was looking for the usual URL format...

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 06:49:31 PM »
Sorry - I missed it as I was looking for the usual URL format...

I usually disguise the link as the start of my jackassing.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2023, 11:45:50 AM »

I usually disguise the link as the start of my jackassing.

Been known to imbed the link with a somewhat creative title for DUmmy madness. Depending on the incendiary thread title the DUmmy types, I'll either use that or something more appropriate.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender