Author Topic: House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax  (Read 407 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-vote-bill-abolishing-irs-eliminating-income-tax

It's the Fair Tax Act, which has been attempted multiple times over the last several years.  I've read the Fair Tax book, it seems like a good idea to me, but it's just interesting that suddenly the MSM and the NPCs are all aghast that the ebil Rethugs want to get rid of the IRS.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 09:57:17 AM »
Strategy.

This is going to put a lot of dems and leftists and their supporters in the position of having to defend the irs.

If nothing else, that will be fun to watch.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 10:36:16 AM »
FBI next? :-)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 12:36:12 PM »
And the batfe
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 02:33:11 PM »
I've thought the Fair Tax is the way to go for a very long time.  It has some finer points that need ironing out, but it would be a great plan.

IF anyone could get the DUmmies to realize there is FREE money there in the form of the pre-bates, and get them to stop listening to their masters who tell them nothing other than "It's a 23% SALES TAX!!!!" you might get some of them onboard.

The thing to get more behind it is getting them to see nothing but the pre-bates.  FREE money ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 09:21:46 AM »
I've thought the Fair Tax is the way to go for a very long time.  It has some finer points that need ironing out, but it would be a great plan.

IF anyone could get the DUmmies to realize there is FREE money there in the form of the pre-bates, and get them to stop listening to their masters who tell them nothing other than "It's a 23% SALES TAX!!!!" you might get some of them onboard.

The thing to get more behind it is getting them to see nothing but the pre-bates.  FREE money ...

KC

I've considered such things, and conclude that i'd support a consumption tax, but only with the following qualifiers:

It eliminates all other federal tax

It applies to retail non-food purchases only

Used goods go untaxed

Guns and ammo are 100 percent exempt

That it be written into law that rates take a supermajority of both the house and senate to raise, and a bare majority in both houses to lower.

Insert other 'deck stacking' against govermnent and big corporate, and in favor of mainstreet here
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 10:07:12 AM »
I've considered such things, and conclude that i'd support a consumption tax, but only with the following qualifiers:

It eliminates all other federal tax

It applies to retail non-food purchases only

Used goods go untaxed

Guns and ammo are 100 percent exempt

That it be written into law that rates take a supermajority of both the house and senate to raise, and a bare majority in both houses to lower.

Insert other 'deck stacking' against govermnent and big corporate, and in favor of mainstreet here

It eliminates all other federal tax - The Fair Tax does this.

It applies to retail non-food purchases only - I don't remember if food was exempted.

Used goods go untaxed - The Fair Tax does this.  Unfortunately it also included new homes and I don't know if I could get behind that since we own a real estate company.  LOL

Guns and ammo are 100 percent exempt - I would agree to this one being included!

That it be written into law that rates take a supermajority of both the house and senate to raise, and a bare majority in both houses to lower. - The Fair Tax does this.  It was one of the biggest things that jumped out to me.  Our taxes would become transparent.  Gov't wants more money ... they have to ask US.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen