Author Topic: I'm tired of being (metaphorically) Rick-Rolled here in GD  (Read 465 times)

Offline CC27

I'm tired of being (metaphorically) Rick-Rolled here in GD
« on: January 09, 2023, 10:50:09 AM »
MissMillie (36,739 posts)

Any post that has a title that does not give me some sense as to the contents of that post is, for all intents and purposes, a "Rick Roll." I could be clicking on "Never Going to Give You Up."

Heck, even the animal/pet posts in the Lounge (almost always) indicate what you're going to get when you click on the post.

Somehow, in GD, there's no such consideration.

I realize that it's not only possible, but highly probable that no one in the DU community gives a rat's backside whether or not little-old-insignificant-me clicks on their posts. So, this isn't a threat--but I'm NEVER again going to click on any GD post that has a title that obscures the post's content.

It's like inviting me to a party without telling me that the party is an orgy/rave/church service/Amway convention, gynecological exam, Barney sing-a-long, hunting trip with Dick Cheney... (you name it)

I've been a member of DU for 19 years, and I keep coming back because I really do think of us as a community. As such, I do my best to treat everyone with respect and consideration. I think it's disrespectful and inconsiderate to ask our community to click on a "Discussion" post without giving the community some sense of what they're going to get when they click. (Maybe somewhat more forgivable in the Lounge, but even so I'm not much of a fan of this behavior.)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217543724

WTF is your point?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: I'm tired of being (metaphorically) Rick-Rolled here in GD
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 11:02:59 AM »
DU is the longest-lasting Rick-Roll in history.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:03:10 AM »
WTF is your point?

I think something to complain about. Thats all I got out of it.  :p

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »
Star Member Uncle Joe (54,651 posts)

62. and then someone might be scarred for life

PTSD kicks in and it becomes a mess.

Don't risk exposure to unknowns, that's the moral of this story.

Stay safe everyone, we're all in this together.

I think he's serious, because he put a group-hug emoji in the post.  So, all of DU is supposed to NEVER learn anything new?  Ever?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 02:14:19 PM »
I think he's serious, because he put a group-hug emoji in the post.  So, all of DU is supposed to NEVER learn anything new?  Ever?

They should just lengthen the thread title to include: THIS THREAD ONLY THINGS THAT YOU WILL AGREE WITH, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: TRUMP SUCKS, MUSK SUCKS, FAT REPUBLICANS ARE FUNNY, FAT DEMOCRATS ARE DEITIES, THERE IS NO GOD, FAUCI IS A SAINT, BIDEN DOESN'T SHIT HIS PANTS, JANUARY 6 WAS THE WORST EVENT IN HUMAN HISTORY, BLACK LIVES MATTER, ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS, LIZZO IS A KWEEN, HUNTER BIDEN IS THE GREATEST MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, HILLARY IS THE REAL PRESIDENT, EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU IS A TRANSPHOBE.

That should prevent the snowflakes from crippling anxiety when they click on a thread.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 02:22:34 PM »
They need a daily calendar with a list of things to complain about that day  :-) :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 02:28:18 PM »
DU gonna let you down and hurt you plenty.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 03:19:53 PM »
They need a daily calendar with a list of things to complain about that day  :-) :lmao:

I thought that was what the MIRT squads were on patrol for; to ensure that only allowed complaints are posted on any given day...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 06:22:47 PM »
Yet not a one of them are tired of being rickrolled by the msm.

What a bunch of DUmbasses.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 07:11:23 PM »
MissMillie (36,739 posts)

Any post that has a title that does not give me some sense as to the contents of that post is, for all intents and purposes, a "Rick Roll." I could be clicking on "Never Going to Give You Up."

Heck, even the animal/pet posts in the Lounge (almost always) indicate what you're going to get when you click on the post.

Somehow, in GD, there's no such consideration.

I realize that it's not only possible, but highly probable that no one in the DU community gives a rat's backside whether or not little-old-insignificant-me clicks on their posts. So, this isn't a threat--but I'm NEVER again going to click on any GD post that has a title that obscures the post's content.

It's like inviting me to a party without telling me that the party is an orgy/rave/church service/Amway convention, gynecological exam, Barney sing-a-long, hunting trip with Dick Cheney... (you name it)

I've been a member of DU for 19 years, and I keep coming back because I really do think of us as a community. As such, I do my best to treat everyone with respect and consideration. I think it's disrespectful and inconsiderate to ask our community to click on a "Discussion" post without giving the community some sense of what they're going to get when they click. (Maybe somewhat more forgivable in the Lounge, but even so I'm not much of a fan of this behavior.)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217543724

:sosad:  :yawn:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 08:50:56 PM »
Over 145 posts on this whine-fest, DUmmies are never happy. :rotf:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 09:18:17 PM »
Over 145 posts on this whine-fest, DUmmies are never happy. :rotf:

It seems paradoxical to normal people like us, but DUmbasses are only ever "happy" when they're miserable - or making someone else miserable. It's insane, but I give you the DUmp denizens ladies and gents...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus