Author Topic: My COVID odyssey - part 2.  (Read 828 times)

Offline CC27

My COVID odyssey - part 2.
« on: January 05, 2023, 10:39:51 AM »
NewHendoLib (57,289 posts)

My COVID odyssey - part 2.

Thanks to all for your good wishes and thoughts in this thread I posted yesterday (wow, lots can happen in 24 hours) -

https://www.democraticunderground.com/114229839

Just after I did that post, my wife drove me the few miles to the doc office, where a nurse came out to the car and did a nasal swab (it felt like she swabbed my brain - that was deep). In an hour, I got a ping in my inbox - negative for flu A, flu B, RSV - and a big ol positive for COVID. I then had a videoconference with my doc (actually, my wife's doc - we go to docs in the same practice - both are excellent) a few hours later. She strongly suggested, due to my being over 65 and slightly overweight, to go with the Paxlovid - particularly in its seeming ability to reduce chances of long COVID. She called it in, a few minutes later my wife went to grab it at Walgreen a few minutes away - I took the first dose (three pills, two different drugs) at 4 PM.

Had dinner, resumed our binge of the Great British Bake Off (our second time thru, on Netflix) - I headed to bed at 10 (much earlier than typical for me) in the spare bedroom. My wife and I are trying our best to do some distancing from each other (she's OK for now) - I slept through to 8 AM and already felt better - no cough, less congestion, less sneezing, no temp. Took the second dose before breakfast - no sense of taste or smell (but as I type this I do get a faint sensation of the metallic taste noted as a side effect of the Paxlo vid). My energy level is not great - but at this point I feel like I have a mild head cold. Absolutely no other side effects at this point.

So - I feel very fortunate for Medicare and the Supplement and the Part D, for my doctor - the whole efficiency of the process to go from positive home test to confirmation to medicating. Mostly, my caring wife - as I hear her sneezing, I fear she will be next - so we will get to nurse each other through this. Also thankful to my DU friends for your concern and kind comments.

I wanted to share this just as an FYI to anyone going through similar experiences.

Off to start planning my 2023 garden!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/114229899

Some virtue singling you got there DUmmie.  :whatever:

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: My COVID odyssey - part 2.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 12:45:06 PM »

Dear DUmphouse Forum,

I caught the cold. I am sad.

Sincerely,
A DUmmy
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 04:55:09 PM »
Sounds like that vaccine the DUmmy is sure to have taken was super effective.

NOT.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 05:23:29 PM »
Sounds like that vaccine the DUmmy is sure to have taken was super effective.

NOT.

Probably did not get the latest booster, yea that's the ticket.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 05:43:12 PM »
NewHendoLib (57,299 posts)...

Hmm... :devious:

Im pretty sure I know who this Virtue Signaling A-hole is, in real life. If it is the same person, they were the administrator for a Discussion Forum that tolerated absolutely no disagreement with mods, mods who routinely deleted threads they didnt like, and the cherry on top? Absolutely no politics.

I was banned. Twice.  :lmao:

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 06:26:22 PM »
UNPOSSIBLE!!!

Every self degrading DUmbass DUchebag has been vaxed and boosted five times so by the laws of Saint Fraudi himself they are now immortal and will never get the cough.... or the DUmmys are/were lying. Now this is a toss up because DUmmys always lie buuuiuuut Dr. Mengal...ahh Fauci always lies so which to believe?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 07:34:40 PM »
UNPOSSIBLE!!!

Every self degrading DUmbass DUchebag has been vaxed and boosted five times so by the laws of Saint Fraudi himself they are now immortal and will never get the cough.... or the DUmmys are/were lying. Now this is a toss up because DUmmys always lie buuuiuuut Dr. Mengal...ahh Fauci always lies so which to believe?

You forget that an infected, unvaxxed cop jumped out of the bushes when the DUmmy pulled its mask down to take a sip of their lentil smoothie. The cop held the poor DUmmy down and hocked a conserva-loogie in the DUmmy's mouth, and despite the DUmmy running right to CVS and getting three consecutive shots, they got COVID. Damned cops.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 02:26:47 AM »
The DUmmy neglected to understand that the Demon Seed injected up the backside has more spit than shine.  Subject to Analysis as required...

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 10:29:22 AM »
 ::)
I had covid over the Christmas holidays. Just getting back to work now.
No drama. No hospital.
Just cold meds, rest, and feeling like crap.

No one cares, dumbass.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 09:35:17 PM »

Im pretty sure I know who this Virtue Signaling A-hole is, in real life. If it is the same person, they were the administrator for a Discussion Forum that tolerated absolutely no disagreement with mods, mods who routinely deleted threads they didnt like, and the cherry on top? Absolutely no politics.

you know this pompous ass from Rhode Island? This nutjob:

https://www.craiglehoullier.com/

hope for your sake he's not a neighbor of yours

:mental:

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2023, 12:43:37 PM »

you know this pompous ass from Rhode Island? This nutjob:

https://www.craiglehoullier.com/

hope for your sake he's not a neighbor of yours

:mental:

Thats him! Didnt know he was from RI. But he lives in Raleigh. Certainly not neighbors. Or, at least when he retired he lived in Raleigh.

Edit to add:

Went to his website, and he has now relocated to Hendersonville. Did not know that. And the good news, were still not neighbors.  :-)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 12:48:32 PM by RuralNc »

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 03:29:25 PM »

It sounds like it's a nazi douchebag.

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 04:20:52 PM »
When the government, media, democrat party, pharmaceutical industry, and the medical professionals say the covid "vaccine" is safe and effective it is NOT A LIE.

It is actually TWO LIES.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 07:01:53 PM »
It sounds like it's a nazi douchebag.

Fits quite well with the DUmp guidelines.