Author Topic: Democrats Call on George Santos to Resign  (Read 615 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Democrats Call on George Santos to Resign
« on: December 28, 2022, 07:07:35 AM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100217500170

babylonsister (170,037 posts)

https://politicalwire.com/2022/12/27/democrats-call-on-george-santos-to-resign/

December 27, 2022 at 8:53 am EST By Taegan Goddard

Democratic lawmakers are calling for Rep.-elect George Santos (R-NY) to resign from the House seat he won in November, after the Long Island Republican admitted to “résumé embellishment” — dialing up the pressure on GOP leadership to respond, the Washington Post reports.

I've been watching all the threads on this and they make me laugh.  I think what Santos did is absolutely despicable.  I've posted on here many times I think a politician who lies (provably) to get elected, should not be allowed to be seated and there should be fines and/or jail time if it's serious enough.

What gets me laughing though is all the posts I've seen at DU over the years saying "it's ok if their politicians lie to get elected as long as they toe the party line when they get in power."  Then you see how upset that someone seemingly has done just that, but it's not their guy this time. 

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Democrats Call on George Santos to Resign
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 07:13:22 AM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100217500170

I've been watching all the threads on this and they make me laugh.  I think what Santos did is absolutely despicable.  I've posted on here many times I think a politician who lies (provably) to get elected, should not be allowed to be seated and there should be fines and/or jail time if it's serious enough.

What gets me laughing though is all the posts I've seen at DU over the years saying "it's ok if their politicians lie to get elected as long as they toe the party line when they get in power."  Then you see how upset that someone seemingly has done just that, but it's not their guy this time. 

:lmao:

KC

They have nothing to say about the Big Guy's plagiarism or embellishing his academic performance, among other things.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 07:30:54 AM »
They have nothing to say about the Big Guy's plagiarism or embellishing his academic performance, among other things.

No kidding.  He's told lie after lie while in office and the DUmmies say nothing about it.  Hell, just the other day Biden claimed to have offered to give his uncle the Purple Heart while he was in office he "wasn't joking" except the uncle died in 1999 and Joe wasn't the Vice President at that time.

Claiming his son Beau, died in Iraq?  He was arrested in Africa with Mandela?

It's a really long list.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 08:03:31 AM »
Massachusetts Senator Psychogawea first.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 08:49:29 AM »
Massachusetts Senator Psychogawea first.

Fauxcahontas should resign first. This also reminds me a bit of Rachel Dolezal, who was some honcho at the NAACP despite having two white parents and four white grandparents.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 09:50:22 AM »
babblingsister (170,037 posts)

https://politicalwire.com/2022/12/27/democrats-call-on-george-santos-to-resign/

December 27, 2022 at 8:53 am EST By Taegan Goddard

Democratic lawmakers are calling for Rep.-elect George Santos (R-NY) to resign from the House seat he won in November, after the Long Island Republican admitted to “résumé embellishment” — dialing up the pressure on GOP leadership to respond, the Washington Post reports.

Would that be anything like a former Illinois state senator - one who voted "Present" more often than not - who dubiously and erroniously claimed to be a "Constitutional Law Professor", DUmp Monkey?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 10:00:13 AM »
I have a slightly different take. I dont think comparing Biden to Santos is quite Apples to Apples.

Santos, much like Fauxcahontas, simply appear to be flat out liars. They used faux heritage to further their careers. Although in Santos case, his family could have converted to Judaism at some point. But you sure arent converting to Cherokee. All of his other lies though really make this a moot point.

Biden, I think, is in his own world of delusion. Not knowing what is actually the truth. I really dont think he has the mental capacity at this point to even understand what he is saying. Or claiming.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 10:24:29 AM »
Fauxahontis and danang dick have entered the chat.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 10:30:53 AM »
I have a slightly different take. I dont think comparing Biden to Santos is quite Apples to Apples.

Santos, much like Fauxcahontas, simply appear to be flat out liars. They used faux heritage to further their careers. Although in Santos case, his family could have converted to Judaism at some point. But you sure arent converting to Cherokee. All of his other lies though really make this a moot point.

Biden, I think, is in his own world of delusion. Not knowing what is actually the truth. I really dont think he has the mental capacity at this point to even understand what he is saying. Or claiming.

I agree with this to a large extent, and the lying kid should be shown the door. But Biden has lied for decades, has gotten away with it for decades, and every instance of getting away with it just emboldens him to make up even more. But, as you say, now that he has dementia, he's lost the ability to lie in any discriminating manner. He just says stuff that is completely false. And liberals ignore it until they can't ignore it, at which point they try to mangle it into the truth OR they say "what about..." which is why this little ****er in NY has to go.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 04:29:25 PM »
I democrat would never resign so this guy should not either.

Did Joey "Pedophile" Biden resign with all of his lies over the decades? No, he didn't.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 05:59:39 PM »
While Santos and embellishing his resume is shameful, at least he wasn't a sitting U.S. Senator who had the only confirmed kill in the "War on Women". Y'all remember the late Fat Teddy Kennedy, don't you and Mary Jo Kopechne? As the late Rush Limbaugh used to say, things that disqualify a Republican from office is a resume enhancer for libs.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
While Santos and embellishing his resume is shameful, at least he wasn't a sitting U.S. Senator who had the only confirmed kill in the "War on Women". Y'all remember the late Fat Teddy Kennedy, don't you and Mary Jo Kopechne? As the late Rush Limbaugh used to say, things that disqualify a Republican from office is a resume enhancer for libs.
Used to be a saying about ending a politicians time in office..."found in bed with a live boy or a dead girl" is now perfectly acceptable if you're a democrat
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 10:28:28 PM »
All you DUmbasses voted for this jackass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCJMF7mflGE
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 12:47:28 AM »
These DUdidiles could not embellish their limp nodes with Lovelace and Holmes alone in a private room.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 09:57:02 AM »
These DUdidiles could not embellish their limp nodes with Lovelace and Holmes alone in a private room.

True, but get them talking about masks, raising taxes, trans ideology, gun grabbing, biden,  or democracy, well...all bets are off.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »
I democrat would never resign so this guy should not either.

Did Joey "Pedophile" Biden resign with all of his lies over the decades? No, he didn't.

My sentiments exactly. Well I don’t condone what he did Democrats have done a lot worse and not resigned
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!