Author Topic: In a few days, thousands of US Citizens will be without any water supply. (And t  (Read 555 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100217501124

Coventina (24,839 posts)

In a few days, thousands of US Citizens will be without any water supply. (And that's a good thing!

I'll try to be brief, but this is actually a decades long story.

To the north of Scottsdale, AZ, there are the McDowell mountains. They are completely arid, no groundwater, springs, rivers, or streams.

It is not part of the city of Scottsdale, it is an un-incorporated area. On purpose. They have, for decades, refused to incorporate themselves, or join the city of Scottsdale. They don't want "big gubmint" telling them what to do.

For decades, they have paid trucking companies to haul water from Scottsdale out to them. They have been getting Scottsdale treated and subsidized water without paying any Scottsdale city taxes.

For over a decade, Scottsdale has been warning them that they need to either join Scottsdale, or find another source of water. They have refused to do either. Dec. 31st, Scottsdale water taps will be closed to them. They are freaking out. "Gov't can't do this to us!!!"

What government? They've refused to have any!

They have done NO preparation.

Now they will find out the consequences of unregulated growth.

Good.

One out there is a horse breeder. How he's going to water those horses heaven only knows.

So it's a good thing a community is going to lose their water because they haven't put into the system (even though they are paying for the water) at whatever agreed rate they have with Scottsdale.

I would like to compare and contrast this with the illegal immigration debacle we have going on.  They haven't paid into the system yet they are given huge benefits as soon as they are allowed in.

Go look at the comments on this thread and think about how the DUmmies would posts would differ if this was a thread on illegal immigration.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100217501124

So it's a good thing a community is going to lose their water because they haven't put into the system (even though they are paying for the water) at whatever agreed rate they have with Scottsdale.

I would like to compare and contrast this with the illegal immigration debacle we have going on.  They haven't paid into the system yet they are given huge benefits as soon as they are allowed in.

Go look at the comments on this thread and think about how the DUmmies would posts would differ if this was a thread on illegal immigration.

KC

The area north of Scottsdale is populated to at least some degree by rich hippies whose mantra is "there is magic in the desert." Consequently, they don't have the "big gubmint" attitude that DUmbasses ascribe to everyone not defecating on the street in LA's Skid Row.

In any event, paying for water and having it shipped in does not seem like quite the crime DUmmies would have one believe. Just another example of DUmmies being dumb assholes.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

The area north of Scottsdale is populated to at least some degree by rich hippies whose mantra is "there is magic in the desert." Consequently, they don't have the "big gubmint" attitude that DUmbasses ascribe to everyone not defecating on the street in LA's Skid Row.

In any event, paying for water and having it shipped in does not seem like quite the crime DUmmies would have one believe. Just another example of DUmmies being dumb assholes.

Having ran a small water/sewer system for several years in a Municipal Utility District (MUD), I understand some of the frustrations of people who don't want to pay the taxes, but want the water.  We have people who buy water from our MUD, and while they don't pay taxes, their water bills are a lot higher to offset the fact they don't pay taxes to help support the infrastructure.  It's a good deal for both parties. 

We don't have to supply them with sewer service, and they help pay for the infrastructure through high water bills.  If we annexed them we would have to run sewer lines to their homes at a huge cost to the District.

Unfortunately a rogue Board about a decade ago was just hooking up out of District homes and not taking into account they weren't paying taxes.  It's causing huge headaches for our District now and we're having to get our attorney involved to see what we can do about raising their water to where it needs to be.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

5. This is what will probably happen. Although the trucking companies have warned

that the cost will at least double, probably triple or more what they are paying now.

On another subject: I got my husband one of those items you recommended a few weeks ago. Or, maybe I should say 'us'. Thanks for the recommendation!!

I wonder if it was a giant dildo or a blowup doll or maybe both lol :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
NYC has little or no water supply of its own either,it gets piped in from upstate.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I thought the libs said that access to water was a right that couldn't be interfered with.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I thought the libs said that access to water was a right that couldn't be interfered with.

Only if you are a dead beat who spent the welfare check on lottery tickets and pot  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Tess Anderson

Scottsdale gets over ninety percent of "their" water from the Colorado River, how would Coventina like it if they stopped that? This is what happens when you build up cities in the middle of a desert.

Not her first bitch post, Cov is a nutjob community college art professor from Scottsdale proper:

https://legacy.paradisevalley.edu/academics/fine-and-performing-arts/art-history/faculty-page

::)
 :rotf:

Offline RuralNc

The comments are typical for the DUmp. Acting like the folks are stealing the water, because they arent paying taxes. But in essence they are paying taxes, by buying the water.

Are the DUmmies that stupid? No need to answer.  :p

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
The comments are typical for the DUmp. Acting like the folks are stealing the water, because they arent paying taxes. But in essence they are paying taxes, by buying the water.

Are the DUmmies that stupid? No need to answer.  :p

Liberals think the only truly valid transactions are when governments collect money. Nohting new there.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
     Liberals think the only truly valid transactions are when governments collect money. Nohting new there.

AND it should be collecting the money from the evil rich folks, not the DUmmies.

KC

*Stolen

Offline RuralNc

AND it should be collecting the money from the evil rich folks, not the DUmmies.

KC

Silly of me to forget about the evil, rich, WHITE folk.  :whatever: