Author Topic: So I'm worried about the Covid wave in China and we don't have the House  (Read 850 times)

Offline CC27

mahina (15,813 posts)

So I'm worried about the Covid wave in China and we don't have the House to arrange for

I want to listen to Dr. Fauci tell me what it is. I want to read Seth Abramson but neither of them are available to me.

What is around the corner here for us?

Andy Slavitt probably has a good bead on it and I’ll look for his In the Bubble podcast. Thank goodness for him.

I’m not tolerating all this change super well.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217477608

I suggest mask up, lockdown, and hide under your bed.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
I suggest mask up, lockdown, and hide under your bed.

One step further, Get a heavy duty plastic bag and place it over your head and seal it shut around your neck.  It’s the only way to be sure
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Quote from: dumb asshole
So I'm worried about the Covid wave in China and we don't have the House to arrange for

I think a good indicator of how seriously one should take a new strain of the common cold is whether a particular political party is in power to address it. Take heart, DUmmies: even though it's not exactly Ebola, you can certainly behave like it is. Just stay home, wear a mask at all times, don't open your door, send all your money to Ukraine, watch television, smoke dope, and read your science fiction novels. If that's not fatalistic enough, suck-start a 12 gauge.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

1. Was that supposed to be coherent?

2. The US House has zero effect on domestic Chinese happenings, regardless of who the majority party is. As for Covid coming from China to the US, what party was in the majority in the House in 2020 when that happened? And which party's members condemned President Trump's efforts to shut down travel from China as "racist" and "xenophobia" (and what are the Las Vegas odds there are DU threads echoing those condemnations?)?

3. China's "No Covid" policy of literally locking down entire towns, regions of large cities, and even entire cities for as little as one case of Covid had the unintended and STOOPID effect of retarding the build-up of people in the population with resistance due to recovery. Thus, Covid may spread (is spreading?) more in China and probably be more severe. What were called shutdowns in the US, as harmful and stupid as some measures were, were mild compared to what China has been doing, for nearly 3 years.

4. For heaven's sake, look at the bleeping data! https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ Look at what has been happening in daily new cases and deaths over the past month! Compare daily new cases and deaths in November and December 2020 and 2021 to this year so far! The US has a small blip in new cases around Thanksgiving that appears to have dropped back down again(Compare that to the surges in 2020 and 2021!). The US has not experienced even a blip in daily deaths (compare that to 2020 and 2021!) The data does not support panic and hysteria.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Those with law enforcement contacts...friends, family, etc, and those who watched 'cops' tv shows frequently, will understand instantly, what I'm about to say.

These 'people', like the DU poster than prompted this thread, are another form of the abused wife that calls law enforcement on her abuser husband, then defends the abuser husband to the point of violence, when law enforcement shows up to arrest the abuser.

I can not, beyond observing it and describing it, understand it. But there it is.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
mahina (15,817 posts)
3. I just read his last couple of threads and subscribed to his sub stack

He is very alarmed. He was right last time. My God those poor people. How are we going to get funding through to protect and take care of our people?

All you are worried about is not getting months of a free ride.
****ing parasites.

Offline SVPete

mahina (15,817 posts)
3. I just read his last couple of threads and subscribed to his sub stack

He is very alarmed. He was right last time. My God those poor people. How are we going to get funding through to protect and take care of our people?

This is in reference to a guy named Eric Liang Feigl-Ding, aka Dr. Ding. He is not an MD, but has doctorates in epidemiology and nutrition. His academic and professional experience is in nutrition and nutrition related diseases, not infectious diseases.

He did sound the alarm in January 2020 that Covid could turn into something serious. That might sound insightful, but al it means is that he was receiving more news from China than the average person. A week or two later this average person was beginning to recognize that Covid might be used by Dems to attack President Trump and could affect my daughter's ability to return to her university in China after her Lunar New Year break. Because of the former, I started collecting Covid-related news in Late January and early February, because I anticipated the Dems' flood of Covid lies. That's a long-winded way of saying that I do not think "Dr. Ding" or I were remarkably prescient.

But I can see why Feigl-Ding's alarmist tendencies would appeal to DUmmies' appetite for panic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

This is in reference to a guy named Eric Liang Feigl-Ding, aka Dr. Ding. He is not an MD, but has doctorates in epidemiology and nutrition. His academic and professional experience is in nutrition and nutrition related diseases, not infectious diseases.

He did sound the alarm in January 2020 that Covid could turn into something serious. That might sound insightful, but al it means is that he was receiving more news from China than the average person. A week or two later this average person was beginning to recognize that Covid might be used by Dems to attack President Trump and could affect my daughter's ability to return to her university in China after her Lunar New Year break. Because of the former, I started collecting Covid-related news in Late January and early February, because I anticipated the Dems' flood of Covid lies. That's a long-winded way of saying that I do not think "Dr. Ding" or I were remarkably prescient.

But I can see why Feigl-Ding's alarmist tendencies would appeal to DUmmies' appetite for panic.

I’m pretty sure I was aware of it by then, and I have no training in anything related to disease. Styxhexenhammer was on top of that shit, telling people to get prepped. I don’t remember exactly when he started making videos on the subject though.

Offline SVPete

The other side of the coin of what people were say very early in 2020 is that where the Trump Administration was taking action, the Dems were busily claiming that Trump was OVER-reacting, was racist, was xenophobic. The Trump did nothing for two or more months lie came later, and the MSM dutifully followed the Dems' 180 instead of calling out their reversal.

Offline RuralNc

That's a long-winded way of saying that I do not think "Dr. Ding" or I were remarkably prescient.

SV.. youre clearly being way to modest..

Clearly Doc Ding could be the next False Prophet of the DUmp! :naughty:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: So I'm worried about the Covid wave in China and we don't have the House
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 05:34:19 PM »
SV.. youre clearly being way to modest..

Clearly Doc Ding could be the next False Prophet of the DUmp! :naughty:

I would have thought they'd have filled that position shortly after Ms. Raven's sot of a son assumed room temperature. There are so many qualified candidates for the job on the 'Island, after all.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 02:15:50 AM »
>I’m not tolerating all this change super well.

Have you tried copulating yourself? 

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 07:44:33 AM »
>I’m not tolerating all this change super well.

Have you tried copulating yourself?
Dunno if you would want the honest answer to that
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 08:42:06 AM »
SheltieLover over there is one of the ones addicted to Covid.  She wears an N95 mask at all times and goes NOWHERE except the grocery store.  She thinks about Covid 24/7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 09:21:48 AM »
SheltieLover over there is one of the ones addicted to Covid.  She wears an N95 mask at all times and goes NOWHERE except the grocery store.  She thinks about Covid 24/7

One of the, currently, interesting things I see when I do a running event, such as last weekend's 5K, is a view of how worried people are to go out and about. Even including volunteers handling food and water (i.e. possibly required or strongly encouraged to do so by the event organizers), I have seen very very few people wearing masks these past ~18 months, and numbers of runners and volunteers are near or at pre-Covid numbers (even a year ago during the massive Omicron cases surge and proportionately less than massive increase in Covid deaths).

SheltieLover is gaining nothing from her fear, except a bill for masks that are not necessary, and has dug herself into a position of fearing to decide that the threat of Covid has become no greater than the threat of a nasty flu.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 06:13:54 PM »

Reading clowns such as Sheltie Lover and apparently that WaPo gal Taylor Lorenz makes me wonder what their risk management about life was before the Chinese Wuhan Red Death was inflicted on the world. Were they afraid to walk across a street, or goodness gracious, drive and perhaps risk personal harm?

These perpetually scared people just should suffer in their fears and perish for being F*ing weak human beings.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 07:32:57 PM »
Reading clowns such as Sheltie Lover and apparently that WaPo gal Taylor Lorenz makes me wonder what their risk management about life was before the Chinese Wuhan Red Death was inflicted on the world. Were they afraid to walk across a street, or goodness gracious, drive and perhaps risk personal harm?

These perpetually scared people just should suffer in their fears and perish for being F*ing weak human beings.

Were they afraid to walk across a street, or goodness gracious, drive and perhaps risk personal harm?

Reminds me of a line in the song  "Old man River" from "Show Boat" a stage show we attended long ago.

Actual words were "TIRED of living and scared of DYING” , but let me change it to ...

"Scared of living and scared of dying!"  For the sake of these fools. Sad! Sad!

And the song ends with "But old man River, he just  keeps rolling along!"

~ ABC

« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 07:49:40 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2022, 11:39:55 PM »

One step further, Get a heavy duty plastic bag and place it over your head and seal it shut around your neck.  It’s the only way to be sure.

Agreed.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2022, 07:41:46 AM »
To be safe, better double-bag.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2022, 11:45:01 AM »
mahina (15,813 posts)

I want to listen to Dr. Fauci tell me what it is

You people are damn cultists. Everything Fraudci told us to do, I did the exact opposite.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site