Author Topic: US Food Insecurity Crisis Erupts: 17 Million Households Starving, Highest In 11  (Read 500 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
US Food Insecurity Crisis Erupts: 17 Million Households Starving, Highest In 11 Years
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/us-food-insecurity-crisis-erupts-17-million-households-starving-highest-11-years

President Biden called the latest jobs numbers as "Bidenomics in action." The elderly president, who sometimes appears to exhibit strong signs of 'cognitive fog,' said he "continues to fight to build an economy from the middle out and bottom up." But working-class Americans know better than to trust the statical magicians at the Bureau of Labor Statistics and, in a recent poll, do not trust the government's rosy economic news.

The distrust is warranted because not even the United States Department of Agriculture can pretend Bidenomics is working anymore. A new report from the agency shows household food insecurity in 2022 soared to levels not seen since Biden was vice president during the Obama administration.

USDA found that 87.2% of households were food secure last year. The remaining 12.8% (about 17 million households) were food insecure. This is the highest level of food insecurity in America since 2014.

"Food-insecure households (those with low and very low food security) had difficulty at some time during the year providing enough food for all their members because of a lack of resources," USDA said. About 5.1% of households (or about 6.8 million) had the most severe level of food security last year.

Food insecurity level is high. The last time it was high was in 2014. Interesting they occur in Democrat administrations.

The chart shows that food insecurity starting going up in 2007 and went high when Barack Obama became President. It dropped when Donald Trump was President. It increased when Joe Biden became President.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

That’s kind of hard to believe with free school breakfast and lunch, food stamps and a plethora of church and other food banks.

Maybe flooding the country with millions of illegals is not such a good idea. And pissing away trillions on the Ukrainian war is not good either. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!