Author Topic: AOC says her office struggles to keep up with the 'astronomical' level of....  (Read 700 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
[AOC says her office struggles to keep up with the 'astronomical' level of daily threats that she receives: NYT

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said her congressional office struggles to keep pace with the "astronomical" level of threatening messages that she receives each day, according to The New York Times.

Recently, The Times examined the increased amount of threats that members of Congress have received in recent years, especially after the riot at the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Ocasio-Cortez, a second-term New York Democrat, told the newspaper that it took two and half years for her to obtain added security from the Capitol Police, despite the high level of threats she had already received in the past.

After the department saw a tweet it perceived as "threatening," officials decided to grant Ocasio-Cortez additional protection. But the congresswoman was dumbfounded by the timing of the decision.

No specifics given, but when I tried to see the NYT article, before they begged me to sign up or subscribe, it looked like the article was about overall "threats" to Congress critters, but here we have Business Insider and AOC herself putting the spotlight on her.  Shocking.  Wonder if BI went to MTG about the threats they receive. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

Victim-playing BS. Get an industrial grade bin and an industrial grade mouse so as to forward any threats into FBI hands.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Do death threats count if 99.999% of them are coming from the voices in your noggin?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline freedumb2003b

:Astronomical" is the number after she runs out of fingers.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

:rotf:  :lmao:  h5

I read yesterday in the report on whiny Susan Collins that Senator (cough, gag) Raphael Warnock spent over $900,000 last year on "security." Ted Cruz was next with $600,000. Cori Bush, the slug "Squad" member, spent $400,000 - the most of any House member.

No word in that article about what AOC spends. Separately, her campaign has spent some $40K but presumably that isn't taxpayer money.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
...No word in that article about what AOC spends. Separately, her campaign has spent some $40K but presumably that isn't taxpayer money.

Is Soros considered a taxpayer (here in the States, anyway)?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ADsOutburst

Is this what she calls a "rounding error?"  :-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Is Soros considered a taxpayer (here in the States, anyway)?

I'm sure he has multiple homes in different parts of the world, but here in the U.S. he lives in Katonah, NY.

I realize your question was satirical, but I was curious enough to look it up.  :tongue:

Now, whether he pays taxes or not -- my bet is on the legion of accountants he uses to make sure he DOESN'T pay income tax.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.