Author Topic: Mar-a-Lago Raided  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Mar-a-Lago Raided
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2022, 09:58:08 AM »
 :lol:

No way in hell, ABC-2, would I even set foot in D.C. -- the Swamp full of snakes. In my mind, anyone who aspires to angle toward that Black Hole of Scum is automatically a snake.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2022, 12:02:00 PM »
:lol:

No way in hell, ABC-2, would I even set foot in D.C. -- the Swamp full of snakes. In my mind, anyone who aspires to angle toward that Black Hole of Scum is automatically a snake.

:clap:  :clap:

Good thinking to not even set foot in the DC SWAMP full of snakes.

Ha! Ha!  Reminds me of this oldiie our son used to like:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnSqOz47NbE

"And while we are not lookin'"  ...

They're stealin' much more than our beers!!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:12:50 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2022, 06:27:15 PM »
This is what happens when you're maxed out and unable (or unwilling) to do the due diligence necessary to sign off on a statement that you have not fully vetted -- upon penalty of perjury.

This is the kind of crap that bureaucrats and feebs do to entrap or otherwise compromise people. Despicable in many ways, but if any of this is true, this incident will be big trouble for the Trump attorney who signed off on the statement.

Trump Lawyer May Have Walked Into DOJ Perjury Trap, New Documents Suggest

In a late-night filing on Aug. 30 in response to former President Donald Trump’s motion for an independent party to scrutinize documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago estate, the Department of Justice (DOJ) urged a judge not to grant the motion.

Much attention has focused on a photograph attached to the DOJ’s filing. The photograph shows a number of documents marked “Top Secret” laid out on a carpet at Mar-a-Lago. The DOJ’s accompanying filing claims that the items in the photograph were recovered from the “45 office,” which it defines as “the former President’s office space at the Premises.”

Trump and his legal team have insisted that he declassified the documents in his possession and, therefore, it doesn’t matter what the markings on the papers are. The DOJ appears to have been prepared for that argument.

While the photograph was likely included in the filing for its PR value—evidenced by the fact that it’s currently on the front page of every news outlet—the DOJ’s real focus appears to be elsewhere, specifically on a grand jury subpoena dated May 11 and a certification signed by a Trump lawyer on June 3. Both of these documents are included in the new filing.

Epoch Times Photo
Documents at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., on Aug. 8, 2022. (FBI)
The subpoena demands that “Donald J. Trump and/or the Office of Donald J. Trump” hand over “any and all documents … bearing classification markings, including but not limited to the following.”

The subpoena goes on to specify the various classification markings used by the U.S. government.

When Trump received the subpoena in May, he had two options. Comply or challenge the subpoena. He chose to comply. One of Trump’s lawyers, whose name has been redacted in the new filings, certified in June that “any and all responsive documents” had been handed over and that none were withheld.

It now appears that the statement was untrue, as many documents marked classified were still at Mar-a-Lago.

It bears repeating that the DOJ didn’t ask for classified documents but rather for documents that bear classification markings. Thus, the actual status of the documents is moot.

The certification by Trump’s attorney appears problematic in other regards as well. While the subpoena addresses documents held by Trump and his office, the certification only mentions Trump’s office. The certification also appears to attempt to narrow the scope of what should be handed over by using word games, for instance by referring to documents in “boxes” as opposed to documents generally. The problem for Trump’s attorneys is that all efforts at trying to create wiggle room are nullified by the statement that all “responsive documents” had been handed over.

A far bigger problem is that the use of lawyerese or word games—for instance, leaving out Trump himself and only referring to his office—could have immediately raised red flags at DOJ, practically begging for the matter to be investigated further.

There was no benefit from playing word games. It only invited further scrutiny. If Trump wasn’t willing or able to hand over all documents, his legal team should have challenged the subpoena.

Instead, they attested that all documents marked classified had been returned, when that appears not to have been the case. Notwithstanding that the DOJ photograph appears to show originals, some have argued that the documents retained were merely copies and that all original documents were returned. The problem with that argument is that Trump’s attorney also attested that no copies remained at Mar-a-Lago.

It may well turn out that the lawyer’s certification was the result of incompetence, a case of poor lawyering, and of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. But to a DOJ that has already shown that it’s determined to get Trump, these arguments won’t hold sway.

It’s likely that the DOJ will now target Trump’s attorney to find out the details behind the certification. Who authorized the lawyer to sign the certification? Who told the lawyer to say that everything had been handed over? Did anyone tell the attorney to lie?

The bottom line is that a lawyer for Trump might have walked into a perjury trap by attesting to something that wasn’t true. In the first instance, this is a problem for the lawyer. But it may become Trump’s problem if the lawyer implicates him, truthfully or not, as we have already seen happen in the case of Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney.

Epoch Times

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2023, 08:36:00 PM »
Trump says he kept classified folders as ‘cool’ keepsakes but not the papers
https://nypost.com/2023/01/18/trump-says-he-kept-classified-folders-as-cool-keepsakes-but-not-the-papers/

Former President Donald Trump claimed Wednesday that he didn’t take classified documents to Mar-a-Lago — but only retained the folders the papers came in as a “‘cool’ keepsake.”

Trump, 76, argued on his Truth Social media platform that the “Fake News Media & Crooked Democrats” continue to claim that he had a “large number of documents” at the Florida resort to lessen the severity of the revelations about sensitive documents at President Biden’s Delaware home and his Penn Biden Center think tank office in Washington.

“When I was in the Oval Office, or elsewhere, & ‘papers’ were distributed to groups of people & me, they would often be in a striped paper folder with ‘Classified’ or ‘Confidential’ or another word on them,” the former president attempted to explain. “When the session was over, they would collect the paper(s), but not the folders, & I saved hundreds of them.”

He referred to the folders as “ordinary” and “inexpensive” but said, “they were a ‘cool’ keepsake.”​

Former President Donald Trump though the folders were cool keepsake.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2023, 11:07:59 PM »
Mundane, but it sorta makes sense. 

People, especially convention-goers & organizers, collect all kinds of curios related to the conventions/events, themselves...  Napkins, pens, shot-glasses, buttons, stickers, day-planners, key-rings, etc.  I have a drawer-full of stuff that I originally thought would be cool to keep, but I haven't done anything with.

-Though I did wear a 'Taste The Moment' button a lot, that I got at an Erlanger's Beer new-years party.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2023, 09:34:18 AM »
I cannot find it now but TOS posted an article saying the FBI has closed this investigation and nothing will be filed.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2023, 10:14:56 AM »
I cannot find it now but TOS posted an article saying the FBI has closed this investigation and nothing will be filed.

If so, this is yet another epic self-own by democrats and another fake scandal landing with the thud of a thousand lead weights.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2023, 11:03:40 AM »
Meanwhile, in a garage in Delaware..........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2023, 09:38:00 PM »
If so, this is yet another epic self-own by democrats and another fake scandal landing with the thud of a thousand lead weights.

Except this time the US-KGB crossed yet another line, and saw no consequences for their actions. No hand slaps from a judicial branch "in the right wing's pocket", no blowback from concrened citizenry who don't have The Donald's millions to force the seized material to be kept in the custody of an honest broker. Nothing.

This country is soooo screwed...  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2023, 08:40:19 PM »
Kamala Harris’s Silence on Biden Doc Scandal Raises Questions, Suspicions
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/25/kamala-harriss-silence-biden-doc-scandal-raises-questions-suspicions/

Vice President Kamala Harris has been eerily quiet about President Joe Biden’s classified document scandal, causing at least some Republicans to believe Harris could be angling to push Biden out of the way for a shot at the Oval Office.

Though Harris has delivered several public statements since the scandal was leaked to the press on January 9, she has neither supported Biden nor condemned any wrongdoing. Her public comments during this timeframe have largely remained on script, ranging from global warming, Venn diagrams, electricity, school buses, and the southern border invasion.

The communications strategy appears noticeably different from her attacks on former President Donald Trump’s alleged mishandling of classified materials. In August, Harris slammed Trump as “irresponsible” for questioning the FBI’s raid of Mar-a-Lago.

“It’s just highly irresponsible of anyone who calls themselves a leader and certainly anyone who represents the United States of America to engage in rhetoric for the sake of some political objective that can result in harm to law enforcement officers and agents,” Ha

This makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2023, 06:02:08 AM »
Or maybe Nunes simply can't see that every time Kamala-toe opens her yap, she makes herself look like an idiot -- and even she recognizes it's best to stay silent on the issue.

It's called "distancing."  :whatever:

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2023, 02:36:02 PM »

I heard nothing was found Trump needs to sue
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2023, 04:18:36 PM »
I heard nothing was found Trump needs to sue

SharterJoe's own possession of classified documents -- illegal in and of itself -- put a great big kibosh on DOJ's efforts to collect enough to indict Trump. The overarching impetus is to put enough on Trump so he is ineligible to run and presumably be elected next year.

They will come up with something and try to make that stick. The Dems and never-Trumpers are relentless that way. The odd thing is, I think the wind has pretty much been taken out of DJT's sails. I just don't see him being the Repub nominee at this point.