Author Topic: Taliban KILLS Family member of German broadcaster DW journalist.  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/afghanistan-taliban-us-news-08-20-21/index.htmlhttps://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/afghanistan-taliban-us-news-08-20-21/index.html
The Taliban has killed a family member of a journalist for Deutsche Welle, the German international broadcaster said.

In an article published on Thursday, DW said that Taliban fighters had been searching for one of their journalists in Afghanistan, and confirmed that a relative of the journalist was shot dead by the Taliban on Wednesday with one other person seriously injured. Other relatives were able to escape at the last minute and are on the run, the DW article said.

"The killing of a close relative of one of our editors by the Taliban yesterday is inconceivably tragic, and testifies to the acute danger in which all our employees and their families in Afghanistan find themselves," DW Director General Peter Limbourg was quoted as saying in the article. "It is evident that the Taliban are already carrying out organized searches for journalists, both in Kabul and in the provinces. We are running out of time!" Limburg added. The article added that the homes of at least three DW journalists had been searched by the Taliban.

DW's press spokesman Christoph Jumpelt told CNN in a written statement that ''at this point we are not giving individual statements pertaining to the tragic event concerning the relatives of one of our journalists.'

I'm surprised to see CNN reporting this. A month ago this would have been spiked.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Taliban KILLS Family member of German broadcaster DW journalist.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 08:56:56 AM »
And so it begins...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus