Author Topic: REALLY PISSED. Saw Young Supposed Ex Marine With 9MM Glock In Local Restaurant.  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
What's the matter DUmmy? Afraid of your shadow?

REALLY PISSED. Saw Young Supposed Ex Marine With 9MM Glock In Local Restaurant.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028093339

TheMastersNemesis (5,643 posts)

We thought my wife left purse in local restaurant in Northglenn, Colorado. While talking to the manager saw a young 20 plus someone with what looked like a loaded Glock handgun strapped to his waist. I asked the manager about it and they seemed to support the idea.

It was apparently a steady customer who comes in armed all the time. This restaurant is frequented by families with a lot of children. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY!.

I am a Vietnam vet and loaded weapons are more dangerous when they are carried around all the time. More people are killed by accident than in self defense. If you are in a defensive position during a violent event you are already lost. Look at how many trained police are gunned down and they are armed.

I AM JUST SO GOD DAMNED SICK OF THESE SICKOS. AND I AM NOT WILLING TO TOLERATE THEIR INSOLENCE.

maxsolomon (13,953 posts)
1. You're going to have to tolerate it - we all do.

And in fact, you did tolerate it.

Did you ask the Open Carrier why he needed the handgun in the restaurant? I bet you get a boilerplate "my rights" response.

6. Certainly Not. I Was Angry And I Am Seldom Angry.

The manager of the restaurant did not seem to be bothered about it. I WILL NOT TOLERATE SOMEONE WITH A WEAPON IN MY PRESENCE. NO COMPROMISE.
You are always angry.

exboyfil (6,127 posts)
7. Movies and television are also a real problem

You have so many instances of close stand offs with weapons raised and nobody fires. In the real world both parties would have long since discharged their weapons.

A violent media is not problem if citizens have difficultly getting weapons (see Japan).
Your friends in Hollywood.

8. There Is Not Much You Can Do On The Spot. Unless You Want To Risk Getting Shot.

You cannot negotiate or confront one of these idiots on the spot. I say something to the manager who seemed ok with it.???
And the restaurant was crowded. We were there of a lost purse issue which came out ok.

I believe that we need a national campaign that will notify open carry business that they risk losing business unless they ban guns on their premises. Perhaps "Common Sense Moms" or other national group can start circulating petitions or printing pamphlets informing the business community and private organizations to ban hand guns or arms on their sites.

hunter (24,649 posts)
26. I'd be happy to tell this guy to go away and **** himself.

Maybe I'd be nice at first, "Hey mister, what's with the gun?"

Or maybe not.

What's he gonna do, shoot you? Is he a responsible gun owner or not? Probably not if he's carrying a gun like that, but even then, when confronted directly he's more likely to crap his pants and run away then shoot you.

I live in a city where it's against the law to carry guns openly. It's also stupid. Too frequently the penalty for open carry is sudden death. If the cops don't shoot you, the gangsters will.

More guns never improve a neighborhood.

One of my neighbors foolishly brought his gun to a nearby fast food place, perhaps expecting an argument with someone he was meeting there. Employees of the fast food place called the police who stormed in minutes later and shot our neighbor dead. Guns made a bad day worse.

One of the scariest moments of my childhood was watching my mom disarm a fool. She was so pissed off with him she broke his gun. He was screaming he was going to sue her and other such nonsense, but he never did.

My brother used to own a dive beer-and-sandwich place. He had some encounters with armed people, robbers and others looking for trouble, but the only weapon he had behind the counter was a big aluminum softball bat.

I've never been able to imagine what sort of person I'd shoot, therefore I've never had reason to carry a gun.

It's my experience that the bad guys shoot first and then it's over. Sometimes the bad guys think they are good guys but they are mistaken. Once the guns come out in anger everything is FUBAR.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

The manager of the restaurant did not seem to be bothered about it. I WILL NOT TOLERATE SOMEONE WITH A WEAPON IN MY PRESENCE. NO COMPROMISE.

Well you better learn Bob because it isn`t like you are going to run away. :fuelfire:

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'

You, sir, are not just a filthy liar, you are a ****ing, filthy liar. You Are Always Angry. At Least When You Post On The DUmp

Even for a liberal, that is just a lie I cannot look past.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline 67 Rover

hunter (24,649 posts)
26. I'd be happy to tell this guy to go away and **** himself.

Maybe I'd be nice at first, "Hey mister, what's with the gun?"

Or maybe not.

What's he gonna do, shoot you?
Is he a responsible gun owner or not? Probably not if he's carrying a gun like that, but even then, when confronted directly he's more likely to crap his pants and run away then shoot you.

I live in a city where it's against the law to carry guns openly. It's also stupid. Too frequently the penalty for open carry is sudden death. If the cops don't shoot you, the gangsters will.

More guns never improve a neighborhood.

One of my neighbors foolishly brought his gun to a nearby fast food place, perhaps expecting an argument with someone he was meeting there. Employees of the fast food place called the police who stormed in minutes later and shot our neighbor dead. Guns made a bad day worse.

One of the scariest moments of my childhood was watching my mom disarm a fool. She was so pissed off with him she broke his gun. He was screaming he was going to sue her and other such nonsense, but he never did.

My brother used to own a dive beer-and-sandwich place. He had some encounters with armed people, robbers and others looking for trouble, but the only weapon he had behind the counter was a big aluminum softball bat.

I've never been able to imagine what sort of person I'd shoot, therefore I've never had reason to carry a gun.

It's my experience that the bad guys shoot first and then it's over. Sometimes the bad guys think they are good guys but they are mistaken. Once the guns come out in anger everything is FUBAR.

My gun would be the last choice of my options to deal with a smart mouth like you, the back of my hand would be the first option and more than sufficient to deescalate the situation.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Karin

when confronted directly he's more likely to crap his pants and run away then shoot you.

Right.  Being confronted by a footless, fat Bob Banzin is going to make him crap his pants and run.

"I Am Seldom Angry."   :rofl: :lmao:

NO COMPROMISE.  Well, there was no compromise, was there Bob?  Guy kept his gun and ate his dinner.  You were the one who got all bent out of shape and made an embarrassing scene.   

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
**** you, Bob.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Anybody know if Bob was actually in country and if so, what he did there.  He did make one good point about guns being much more dangerous when being carried around.  As the NRA says, "guns don't kill people, people do".  Apparently the "Glock" on the young man's hip wasn't in the mood to kill anybody that night.

Offline 67 Rover

heMastersNemesis (5,643 posts)

We thought my wife left purse in local restaurant in Northglenn, Colorado. While talking to the manager saw a young 20 plus someone with what looked like a loaded Glock handgun strapped to his waist. I asked the manager about it and they seemed to support the idea.

It was apparently a steady customer who comes in armed all the time. This restaurant is frequented by families with a lot of children. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY!.

I am a Vietnam vet and loaded weapons are more dangerous when they are carried around all the time. More people are killed by accident than in self defense. If you are in a defensive position during a violent event you are already lost. Look at how many trained police are gunned down and they are armed.

I AM JUST SO GOD DAMNED SICK OF THESE SICKOS. AND I AM NOT WILLING TO TOLERATE THEIR INSOLENCE.

Everything is a Glock to a DUmmie but I have no doubt he actually believes it was one of those high capacity banana clip,x-ray defeating,high powered automatic weapons of war loaded with tungsten cop killer bullets and a bayonet lug silencer capable of spraying 3500 rounds/min in the 40 watt range.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Big Dog

Anybody know if Bob was actually in country and if so, what he did there.  He did make one good point about guns being much more dangerous when being carried around.  As the NRA says, "guns don't kill people, people do".  Apparently the "Glock" on the young man's hip wasn't in the mood to kill anybody that night.

Bob was a boom-boom boy in a Saigon bath house.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Bob was a boom-boom boy in a Saigon bath house.

Have to stay on your toes for that job.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."

This is some of the stupidist shit I have ever heard. A loaded weapon will not do SHIT, if you follow Jeff Cooper's big four rules of gun safety:

1. Treat every weapon as if it is loaded.

2. Do not point your weapon at anything you do not intend to destroy. 

3. Keep your finger off the trigger unless you are on target and the weapon is off safe.

4. Know your target: what's in front of it, behind it,  and to the sides of it.

Weapons are a tool, the only way to gain proficiency with any tool is to USE IT. Knowing that you are the primary safety on any weapon makes a huge difference as well.

This idiot needs to put on a fresh set of depends and quit wetting himself at the sight of a gun. What... A.. P#$SY!
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Big Dog

Have to stay on your toes for that job.

Back in the day, he had a full set!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
I'm surprised he didn't call it an AR-Glock-15
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline ChuckJ

8. There Is Not Much You Can Do On The Spot. Unless You Want To Risk Getting Shot.

You cannot negotiate or confront one of these idiots on the spot. I say something to the manager who seemed ok with it.???
And the restaurant was crowded. We were there of a lost purse issue which came out ok.

I believe that we need a national campaign that will notify open carry business that they risk losing business unless they ban guns on their premises. Perhaps "Common Sense Moms" or other national group can start circulating petitions or printing pamphlets informing the business community and private organizations to ban hand guns or arms on their sites.

There's a lot said in the first two sentences. They let you know one of the reasons the libs want to do away with guns: so they'll feel safer pushing others around and forcing their twisted ideas on them. There's also some fear/projection in there which is par for the course with libs. They are scared that since they are so prone to shoot someone (most of the shootings seem to be carried out by dem voters) that others are apt to do the same.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

Did you ask the Open Carrier why he needed the handgun in the restaurant? I bet you get a boilerplate "my rights" response.

The thing that sucks, from a Lib/Prog POV, is that, "None of your business!" is an entirely sufficient and appropriate response. A gun owner carrying in compliance with the law is not obligated to explain why (s)he is exercising their legal right.

I wonder whether the bluster from "maxsolomon" and "hunter" is just empty puffery or if they really are so stupid as to provoke a situation where they would not, after some point, be able to control their own actions, let alone those of the law-abiding citizen they are antagonizing.

As for the angrily hostile & hateful TMN, his words don't ring true in some way. If he served during and in the Vietnam War, I doubt he was in ground combat. I'm a life-long civilian, so take that opinion with a block of salt; I could be entirely wrong.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
There's a lot said in the first two sentences. They let you know one of the reasons the libs want to do away with guns: so they'll feel safer pushing others around and forcing their twisted ideas on them. There's also some fear/projection in there which is par for the course with libs. They are scared that since they are so prone to shoot someone (most of the shootings seem to be carried out by dem voters) that others are apt to do the same.

Hi5, well said. DUches want a society that they can push people around in and bully others. As Robert A. Heinlein once said:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Your fascism won't fly DUches,  when you know that you WILL be called on it. Molon labe
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline jukin

The fact the DUchebag is so afraid of a citizen legally exercising his God given rights is more than enough proof that these insane leftists would shoot people. Their fear demonstrates what their fantasies are. 

A good common sense gun law would be to deny any democrat the ability to purchase a weapon.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.

Ten-ring material right there, every bit of it spot on.

High-5, Sir.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

Dead on.  H5s to you and jukin both.

ETA:  RayRay gets one as well.  Projection is a terrible thing, isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:03:33 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mr Mannn

True Dough (303 posts)
66. If you want to teach this marine a lesson

then you go back into that restaurant carrying an AR-15 and wave it around in his face.
Then he goes and gets a Gatling gun. Then you return with a rocket propelled grenade...

Isn't this fun???
DUmmies have NO idea about open carry. Open carry is a holstered gun. open carry is not to point to menu choices or to gesture with. Wave a gun in someone's face and that is now assault-you will get arrested/or worse: SHOT if you do that.

The sheer stupidity of a DUmmy always amazes me

Offline SVPete

DUmmies have NO idea about open carry. Open carry is a holstered gun. open carry is not to point to menu choices or to gesture with. Wave a gun in someone's face and that is now assault-you will get arrested/or worse: SHOT if you do that.

The sheer stupidity of a DUmmy always amazes me

That post definitely is rated :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: and :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: . But it's ignorance of the law - as you posted - and reflects how stupid at least some DU-members believe gun owners to be. And trebly stupid, since - legal or not - if the open carrier takes the bait and kills the DU-fool doing it, the DU-fool might have been in the right, but DEAD-right.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Hoplophobe.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline freedumb2003b

What's he gonna do, shoot you? Is he a responsible gun owner or not? Probably not if he's carrying a gun like that, but even then, when confronted directly he's more likely to crap his pants and run away then shoot you.

When confronted directly he will meet you appropriately.  If you get in his face he will probably kick your ass, no weapon needed.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

When confronted directly he will meet you appropriately.  If you get in his face he will probably kick your ass, no weapon needed.

DU-folk, like many Libs & Progs curiously perceive reality in mirror image. If a DU-type truly were moronic enough to "confront" a law-abiding open-carrying gun owner, if any soiled pants resulted it would not be those of the gun owner; and the chances of 9 mm perforations would be proportional to the moronicity of the DU-type and inversely proportional to the patience of the gun owner.