Author Topic: Mole heaven and a Frank shout out!  (Read 8290 times)

Offline BuzzClik

Re: Mole heaven and a Frank shout out!
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »
Nothing you said negates what I said. You are merely contradicting me by stating different information.

My comment stands as accurate, as does yours.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
Here, Buzz, let's break it down. If you owned a business in TX, and paid taxes to TX on that income, but in order to spend it in LA, you would have to pay a tax of 35% of every dollar you brought over to LA. You wouldn't bring a single dollar to LA, you'd leave it in TX.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2015, 01:34:56 PM »
Nothing you said negates what I said. You are merely contradicting me by stating different information.

My comment stands as accurate, as does yours.

You claim Apple, et al, send their profits overseas. I stated the fact - which contradicts your claim - that Apple, et al earn those profits overseas and choose not to import those monies into the US, so as not to be double taxed.

You claim Apple, et al, send their jobs overseas. I pointed out the contradictory fact that Apple, et al, are forced to do manufacturing overseas so as not to be priced out of business.

BTW, in case you haven't seen my comments about my forum name, the "SV" refers to where I live, Silicon Valley. And since I've worked in electronics since the Carter Administration, I'm speaking of companies for whom I've worked, either as an employee or by providing technical support. Consequently, if, for example, you are posting to CC using an Apple computer - laptop or desktop - depending on whether it was the standard configuration, either very or absolutely zero work was done on it in Apple's "manufacturing" plant in Elk Grove, CA (in which I've spent more than a few hours). Ditto for Dell and their screwdriver plant in TX. Ditto for HP, though I don't know whether they even have a screwdriver plant in the US. Ditto for Cisco. If you're using a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem, that was built in Nogales, Mexico (spent quite a few hours there, too), if not in Asia. I don't know where you live or work, but regardless of whether I love or hate it, I'm speaking of what I've lived - and consequently understand - for over 3 1/2 decades
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
You claim Apple, et al, send their profits overseas. I stated the fact - which contradicts your claim - that Apple, et al earn those profits overseas and choose not to import those monies into the US, so as not to be double taxed.

You claim Apple, et al, send their jobs overseas. I pointed out the contradictory fact that Apple, et al, are forced to do manufacturing overseas so as not to be priced out of business.

BTW, in case you haven't seen my comments about my forum name, the "SV" refers to where I live, Silicon Valley. And since I've worked in electronics since the Carter Administration, I'm speaking of companies for whom I've worked, either as an employee or by providing technical support. Consequently, if, for example, you are posting to CC using an Apple computer - laptop or desktop - depending on whether it was the standard configuration, either very or absolutely zero work was done on it in Apple's "manufacturing" plant in Elk Grove, CA (in which I've spent more than a few hours). Ditto for Dell and their screwdriver plant in TX. Ditto for HP, though I don't know whether they even have a screwdriver plant in the US. Ditto for Cisco. If you're using a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem, that was built in Nogales, Mexico (spent quite a few hours there, too), if not in Asia. I don't know where you live or work, but regardless of whether I love or hate it, I'm speaking of what I've lived - and consequently understand - for over 3 1/2 decades

My computer was assembled in America using imported components.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »
You need to get in touch with the realities with which real-life businesses have to deal.

Yeah, like that will ever happen.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2015, 02:53:10 PM »
Buzzer, you are loosing this one bad.  I'd go with the gerbil fletching if I were you (believe me I'm thankful I'm not).

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2015, 04:22:22 PM »
^Not to mention unions.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »

You claim Apple, et al, send their jobs overseas. I pointed out the contradictory fact that Apple, et al, are forced to do manufacturing overseas so as not to be priced out of business...

...Ditto for Cisco. If you're using a Motorola Surfboard Cable modem, that was built in Nogales, Mexico (spent quite a few hours there, too), if not in Asia. I don't know where you live or work, but regardless of whether I love or hate it, I'm speaking of what I've lived - and consequently understand - for over 3 1/2 decades
Ok. You were right, and I was wrong.

No parsing words.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 04:52:52 PM »
Ok. You were right, and I was wrong.

No parsing words.

Thank God.
You must not be a dyed in the wool lib.
I have never seen a lib admit when they were wrong.
It takes a big man to admit when they are wrong.
Especially in some sort of public forum.
There's hope for you yet.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.