Author Topic: State Dept. Confirms: Marines on 9/11/12 Were Protecting U.S. Embassy  (Read 2097 times)

Offline beefeater

--in Barbados!

Arrrrrgggg.

(CNSNews.com) -- When terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11 of this year and killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans, there were no U.S. Marines deployed in Libya to defend U.S. diplomats, diplomatic facilities and classified information and equipment.

However, says the State Department, a Marine Security Detachment was deployed on that day to carry out those duties at the U.S. Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados.

“U.S. Marine Security Guards serve at the U.S. Embassy in Bridgetown, and at other diplomatic missions around the world, to protect and safeguard American diplomacy,” Rebecca Ross, the U.S. Embassy to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean Counselor for Public Affairs, said in a statement to CNSNews.com.

“On September 11, 2012, our U.S. Marine Security Detachment carried out its regular duties which include providing internal security, preventing the compromise of classified information and equipment, and providing protection for U.S. citizens and property located within official U.S. facilities,” Ross said.

Oh ya, war torn Barbados. One of the world's hot spots.

If Obama doesn't fire Hillary, he'll look like a foreign policy disaster. If he does, he'll look like a foreign policy disaster. (stolen from @iowahawkblog)
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: State Dept. Confirms: Marines on 9/11/12 Were Protecting U.S. Embassy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Hillary is done after this term.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »
I think a lot more is going to come out about this inept Administration.  Biden threw the CIA under the bus last night (bad call) and blamed them for the video tape excuse.  He didn't seem to know about the testimony on the Hill the last two days. 

What I think we will find out (leaked in the press) and why everyone is on a different page, is that Obama was told about the security issues in Libya but couldn't be bothered to get his security briefings. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
They were reporting on Fox this morning that the White House is preparing to have Hillary take the fall for this. They will do anything to protect the chosen one ...

Offline CG6468

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
They were reporting on Fox this morning that the White House is preparing to have Hillary take the fall for this. They will do anything to protect the chosen one ...

But the emperor has no clothes now.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
But the emperor has no clothes now.

But they will still do anything they can to protect him.

I wonder if Barry knows that Bill and Hillary aren't voting for him?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »

She's already been on record saying that she wasn't going to do more than one term as SecState, although I've also heard 1--she wasn't moving to NY state to run for the Senate, and 2--was going to focus on the Senate and not run for President in 2008, among many other whoppers.

Whether Obama wins or loses, she's gone.  SecState is an incredibly stressful job and IIRC, the last person to hold that job for more than one term was George Shultz, and Dean Rusk before that.  Couple that with again, whether Obama wins or loses, she's got to get her resources together for a possible presidential run in 2016 (although I don't think she'll go far at all and the events of the last month have pretty much sealed her fate.)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »

Couple that with again, whether Obama wins or loses, she's got to get her resources together for a possible presidential run in 2016 (although I don't think she'll go far at all and the events of the last month have pretty much sealed her fate.)

If Obama throws her under the bus, it will only be because one of his rich friends have paid Hill and bill a boat load of cash.  Obama has to have a fall guy before the election and if he trashed Hillary before then, I would expect Bill to take it personally and he could totally derail Obama if he wanted. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
If Obama throws her under the bus, it will only be because one of his rich friends have paid Hill and bill a boat load of cash.  Obama has to have a fall guy before the election and if he trashed Hillary before then, I would expect Bill to take it personally and he could totally derail Obama if he wanted. 

But this could also backfire on Obama.  Think about how Bill would be mightily pissed were that to happen.  Any, and I mean ANY support he could have given that campaign would be as good as gone, and I'd go so far as to say he'd publicly slam the Obama administration for sacrificing his wife like that.

You lose the Clinton independents, and Obama is well and truly ****ed.

If Hillary gets tossed under the bus, IMHO it won't be until after November 6th.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 07:00:39 PM »
But this could also backfire on Obama.  Think about how Bill would be mightily pissed were that to happen.  Any, and I mean ANY support he could have given that campaign would be as good as gone, and I'd go so far as to say he'd publicly slam the Obama administration for sacrificing his wife like that.

You lose the Clinton independents, and Obama is well and truly ****ed.

If Hillary gets tossed under the bus, IMHO it won't be until after November 6th.

That's why I said Obama could only throw Hillary under the bus if someone pays Bill and Hillary a ton of money.  The Clintons are vindictive enough that they wouldn't take Hillary being the fall guy without some inducement of some sort. 

If she goes under the bus, so does her hopes, if any of making a run in 2016.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »
That's why I said Obama could only throw Hillary under the bus if someone pays Bill and Hillary a ton of money.  The Clintons are vindictive enough that they wouldn't take Hillary being the fall guy without some inducement of some sort. 

If she goes under the bus, so does her hopes, if any of making a run in 2016.

I don't think money is the issue here, nor has it ever been with the Clintons, or virtually any politican for that matter.  It's a matter of POWER--pure, unfiltered power.

Offline Dori

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
I would think Hillary and Bill have as much on Obama as Obama has on them.  They are probably in a stand-off of mutually assured destruction.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
I don't think money is the issue here, nor has it ever been with the Clintons, or virtually any politican for that matter.  It's a matter of POWER--pure, unfiltered power.

Which would mean that Barry can't throw her under the bus, before the election, and to do so afterwards is to late to help him.    They'll try and throw some flunky to the wolves in the next couple of days.  The MSM will eat it up and do their best to make the story disappear.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
Which would mean that Barry can't throw her under the bus, before the election, and to do so afterwards is to late to help him.    They'll try and throw some flunky to the wolves in the next couple of days.  The MSM will eat it up and do their best to make the story disappear.

THAT I see as the far more likely course of action.  Find some Undersecretary in charge of pencil sharpening and navel gazing, throw his ass under the bus, and after the election, Hillary announces she won't be back after January 20th, one way or the other.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »
I look at it this way. Bill is still pissed at obama for calling him a racist in 2008. So if he does throw Hillary under the bus, it will officially be the end for obama. He needs Clinton, and him doing this to Hillary would kill his career.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »

No kiddin'! So much for any presidential run, too!

Talk about a cluster****!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!