Author Topic: Girl, 12, wins sex change  (Read 5252 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Girl, 12, wins sex change
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:28:45 PM »

A JUDGE has allowed a 12-year-old Victorian girl to start a taxpayer-funded sex swap, despite objections from the child's father.

The girl has begun court-approved hormone treatment in the first step toward a complete gender switch.

The Family Court orders also permit the girl, who cannot be named, to apply for a new birth certificate, passport and Medicare card in a boy's name.

The application to allow the hormone treatment was lodged by the girl's mother.

A state government observer, an endocrinologist, a psychiatrist, a family counsellor and a lawyer acting on the child's behalf all supported the plan.

Only her father, who lives interstate, opposed the proposed sex change, though he did not attend the final court hearing and could not afford to send a lawyer on his behalf.

The court was told he could not accept that his daughter had always seen herself as a boy and considered her too young to make such a decision.

The mother expressed sadness and deep concern for her daughter, but said she would stand by the girl.

The child's lawyer told the court she considered the girl capable of making an informed decision.

The girl is one of the youngest patients in Australia granted permission to begin a sex swap.

The court was told early intervention was needed because the child was stressed and anxious at the prospect of starting her period and had threatened self-harm.

Hormones implanted under her skin every three months will stop her menstruating and prevent her hips and breasts growing.

The court heard the hormone therapy was reversible and would give the family "breathing time".
... more ...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23752811-661,00.html

Offline Tess Anderson

Re: Girl, 12, wins sex change
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »
This is what socialized medicine will get you? I'll pass.

A twelve-year-old has no business even knowing what a "sex-change" is. This will never, ever make her a man, just some uber-dyke. Her mother should be shot for agreeing to this.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »

good heavens.  when I was 12, my biggest problem was trying to hit a curveball.  how in the hell can
you make that kind of decision when you are 12?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »

good heavens.  when I was 12, my biggest problem was trying to hit a curveball.  how in the hell can

You can't.  This decision is an atrocity.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 05:19:50 PM »

. . . and her mother is involved, but doing this over her father's objections.  good heavens, it doesn't get any more
tragic than that.

did you say you were in mexico this week, by the way?  or was that someone else?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »

. . . and her mother is involved, but doing this over her father's objections.  good heavens, it doesn't get any more
tragic than that.

did you say you were in mexico this week, by the way?  or was that someone else?

That was me -- Jamaica week before last, Mexico (Puerto Vallarta) last week. :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »

A twelve-year-old has no business even knowing what a "sex-change" is. This will never, ever make her a man, just some uber-dyke. Her mother should be shot for agreeing to this.

Perhaps if the mother had taken some time to talk to and support her daughter through the pre-puberty/puberty process this nonsense could have been avoided.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »

tragic than that.

ah.  that answers that.  I was wondering where that jamaican traffic was coming from. 

thanks.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »

Perhaps if the mother had taken some time to talk to and support her daughter through the pre-puberty/puberty process this nonsense could have been avoided.

you have to wonder if mommy has issues, too.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »

Yes..... just pondering the process from female to male. I think it may be easier to cut one off than to sew one on.  :p
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »

You think? Actually, there are rare cases where gender is somewhat arbitrary. I suppose if this is one such case (no I haven't read the article), I would support it. Sometimes it's easy to judge, not so easy to live it.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »

Yes..... just pondering the process from female to male. I think it may be easier to cut one off than to sew one on.  :p

ouch.  I wonder how long it will be before there are dork donors?  I would think there wold be a 50-50 split between cutter-offers and sewers-onners.  so to speak.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »

ouch.  I wonder how long it will be before there are dork donors?  I would think there wold be a 50-50 split between cutter-offers and sewers-onners.  so to speak.

Especially a dead dork... on ice.  :evillaugh:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
....and to think, we used to just let Tom Boys grow out of it.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »
....and to think, we used to just let Tom Boys grow out of it.  :whatever:

and become Rosie O'Doodies.  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »

You think? Actually, there are rare cases where gender is somewhat arbitrary. I suppose if this is one such case (no I haven't read the article), I would support it. Sometimes it's easy to judge, not so easy to live it.

I saw something on "difficult to classify sexuality" on the science channel not too long ago.  but they dealt primarily with
difficulties surrounding physical characteristics.  but, yeah, I get your point.  there are those cases, of course.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

tragic than that.

ah.  that answers that.  I was wondering where that jamaican traffic was coming from. 

thanks.

Ya Man -- no problem.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

you're bad.  I was thinking about men-to-women-transformers being donors.  "dork recycling", so to speak.  I hadn't even considered dead dork donors. :o

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »

you're bad.  I was thinking about men-to-women-transformers being donors.  "dork recycling", so to speak.  I hadn't even considered dead dork donors. :o

Oh, you were talking about wholesale dork trade.  :popcorn:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

Oh, you were talking about wholesale dork trade.  :popcorn:

yep.  an exchange, or sorts. :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »

Mine too. I'm no fan of child services but they should be looking into this. There is definitely some abuse going on there.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 08:14:49 PM »
so the answer for the counselor and the psychiatrist to someone who threatens themselves with bodily harm over a natural process is to allow the child to do something that will only make htem more unstable(initiate treatment with unnecessary and unnatural(for a girl) hormones). Yeah, that sounds like a stable course of action and mom sounds like she gave up her parenting responsibilities a long time ago and is allowing a mentally ill child to manipulate her. What a mess!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 08:16:05 PM »

Doppelganger :lmao:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 08:17:43 PM »

I totally forgot about that.....  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »

I totally forgot about that.....  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Until you made the sew it on comment, I had too :evillaugh: