Author Topic: "Why do you want universal/socialized healthcare? It'll be like the DMV is in  (Read 706 times)

Offline CC27

ck4829 (30,543 posts)

"Why do you want universal/socialized healthcare? It'll be like the DMV is in charge!"

Yeah, yeah... go into the DMV; are there people ahead of you that are demanding their machines straight out of da Vinci's notebooks be declared street legal because they don't trust "Big Car Maker"? Would those people be coddled or would they be told "Have a nice day. NEXT!"? Is the DMV filled with people with fake IDs, but hey, it's cool because they are "pureblood"? Does the line for the DMV extend out into street and fill the parking lot? Does the DMV need to bring in clerks from other counties because of the overflow? Has the DMV needed to ration service?

The right is bringing us all the problems they said would happen with socialized medicine... but with none of the socialized aspects of it. The irony here is so thick that it has a calorie count.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215865209

HUH?????????????????

Offline ADsOutburst

HUH?????????????????

It's a dense post, but I think the this poster is arguing that if the health care system were run like the DMV, it would be better than the current system, while clumsily trying to take swipes at the right for problems with the health care system.

The thing is though, having a line out the door and into the street isn't that far from the truth. It's why people would make the comparison between the DMV and the idea of universal health care in the first place; because they've the DMV at work firsthand.

Offline SVPete

ck4829 (30,543 posts)

"Why do you want universal/socialized healthcare? It'll be like the DMV is in charge!"

Yeah, yeah... go into the DMV ...

1. The line to get in is already a couple of hours long half an hour before the doors are open. Kind of like Canuckia's or the UK's weeks or months wait for critical tests and medical procedures, though obviously less deadly.

2. In CA, one can make appointments in advance which sort of bypass the hours-long wait, but such appointments are booked several months out. Kind of like Canuckia's or the UK's weeks or months wait ...

3. In CA, one can do some more mundane tasks at AAA or Safeway, kind of like buying your own thermometers, oximeters, and OTC allergy and NSAIDs, but otherwise government-run "healthcare" would be like Canuckia's or the UK's weeks or months wait for critical and life-saving tests and medical procedures.

As for the rest of DUmmie ck4829's rant, (s)he should leave the incoherent word salad gig to NanceGreggs and mal.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
The problem with the DMV is that you’re treated like a number. The ck numbers primitive in a different posts claims the ones in Ohio are courteous, and that may be. But as courteous as they are, they still view you as a number.

I have a plurality of friends in both Canada and the UK. None of them have anything good to say about their medical systems. And what they do say are along the lines of “Avoid doing this to yourselves and you’ll never regret it.”

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

The problem with the DMV is that you’re treated like a number. The ck numbers primitive in a different posts claims the ones in Ohio are courteous, and that may be. But as courteous as they are, they still view you as a number.

I have a plurality of friends in both Canada and the UK. None of them have anything good to say about their medical systems. And what they do say are along the lines of “Avoid doing this to yourselves and you’ll never regret it.”

with how poorly they have ****ed up the motor voter registration system in california where thousands of illegal aliens have been automatically registered to vote due to a "glitch" in the system, I would be afraid of a patient getting the wrong treatment from a similar "glitch"...

" I went into the doctors office to get a mole removed but the computer said I needed my right leg amputated and the doctor didn't argue with the computer"
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
with how poorly they have ****ed up the motor voter registration system in california where thousands of illegal aliens have been automatically registered to vote due to a "glitch" in the system, I would be afraid of a patient getting the wrong treatment from a similar "glitch"...

" I went into the doctors office to get a mole removed but the computer said I needed my right leg amputated and the doctor didn't argue with the computer"

Not to mention the strong-arm BS with zero flexibility.
For example, some woman backed into my car in a parking lot a few years back. about 2 weeks later I got a letter in the mail from the BMV demanding I come in and show proof of insurance. I called them and told them I already provided proof of insurance to the cop who took the report, AND the BMV when I renewed the tags.
their response was, doesn't matter, bring us your papers. I told them I could bill them for my time, or they could google the insurance company phone number and call them on their own, get bent. After all, they already have my policy number and every other bit of personal information required. A month later, a letter in the mail informed me that my license was suspended.
Defiant, I refused to address it further. I just kept driving, I'm all legal otherwise and have insurance. F**** em'.
About 2 months after that, for some unexplained reason,, I got another letter stating my license has been re-activated. I still have no idea why.

so yea, let's put this all in the hands of government and employees who mostly don't give a single damn what you actually need. After all, you are here to kneel when they demand it... or else.

Offline DLR Pyro

Not to mention the strong-arm BS with zero flexibility.
For example, some woman backed into my car in a parking lot a few years back. about 2 weeks later I got a letter in the mail from the BMV demanding I come in and show proof of insurance. I called them and told them I already provided proof of insurance to the cop who took the report, AND the BMV when I renewed the tags.
their response was, doesn't matter, bring us your papers. I told them I could bill them for my time, or they could google the insurance company phone number and call them on their own, get bent. After all, they already have my policy number and every other bit of personal information required. A month later, a letter in the mail informed me that my license was suspended.
Defiant, I refused to address it further. I just kept driving, I'm all legal otherwise and have insurance. F**** em'.
About 2 months after that, for some unexplained reason,, I got another letter stating my license has been re-activated. I still have no idea why.

so yea, let's put this all in the hands of government and employees who mostly don't give a single damn what you actually need. After all, you are here to kneel when they demand it... or else.

Sounds like a  scenario where the bmv clerk handling your case  could have retrieved the insurance information they desired with a simple mouse click and a few keystrokes  but was too lazy to do so and it was easier for them to require you to come in with the proof of insurance than simply do their job .
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

You take the king's coin you do the king's bidding. What they give you they can easily take away for any reason.

You would think the death panels at the NIH in the UK during the recent Covid pandemic would be proof enough that we need to avoid that type of system.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
You take the king's coin you do the king's bidding. What they give you they can easily take away for any reason.

You would think the death panels at the NIH in the UK during the recent Covid pandemic would be proof enough that we need to avoid that type of system.

but they think THAT part will only happen to Trumpers or conservatives, and they deserve it anyway.

Offline Aristotelian

It really is the DUmmies' dream system over here, not just because it's bad at producing healthcare outcomes, but also because it's surrounded by a deeply weird cultish veneration of the almighty state.