Author Topic: What are the Democrats waiting for? Kentuck  (Read 1553 times)

Offline CC27

What are the Democrats waiting for? Kentuck
« on: May 13, 2019, 09:30:25 AM »
kentuck (91,313 posts)

What are the Democrats waiting for?

Why don't they just go ahead and officially declare an impeachment process started? Would that not give them the witnesses and documents they need to conduct meaningful oversight?

Or would it be better to go thru with the requests, subpoenas, and court summons, to exhaust all options, before going to impeachment?

Once it goes to the courts, should the Democrats push for expedited movement and decisions? They would be justified in doing so, in my opinion.

But, as soon as they go to court, they should start the impeachment proceedings.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212094510

I am so sick of this impeachment talk.. Impeach over what Kentuck??? Because you don't ****ing like the President?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: What are the Democrats waiting for? Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »
kentuck obviously needs reassurance.

I'm pretty sure that the same minute the Democrats discover some crime President Trump committed, they'll get impeachment rolling.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »
kentuck (91,313 posts)

What are the Democrats waiting for?

Why don't they just go ahead and officially declare an impeachment process started?

1.) They know it will fail.

2.) They know it will backfire, badly, in 2020.

Whatever Miss Nancy may be mentally, she's smarter than the average DUmmie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
1.) They know it will fail.

2.) They know it will backfire, badly, in 2020.

Whatever Miss Nancy may be mentally, she's smarter than the average DUmmie.
That is not a very high bar...
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
Oh please go ahead and do it,You DUmmies want to ,go ahead.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »
You, bluegrass primitive. They're waiting on you.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 03:18:05 PM »
kentuck obviously needs reassurance.

I'm pretty sure that the same minute the Democrats discover some crime President Trump committed, they'll get impeachment rolling.

This is all about the Kentucky derby, yhey bet on the winner, only to have it turn out to be the loser, just like the election with hilliary.

It is ALL Trumps FAult :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 05:39:23 PM »
That is not a very high bar...

Like being the best yodeler in Harlem.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »
The DUmmies need a real hero.  Perhaps Private Attorney General Laserhaas is available.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »
Would that not give them the witnesses and documents they need to conduct meaningful oversight?

No, DUmmie, it would not.  Articles of impeachment do not just magically transmogrify everyone into the House into some sort of super-sleuth who gets warrants and subpoenas for everything.  They can subpoena me all day every day, and I will simply tell them to perform an anatomically impossible act, and there won't be a damned thing that they can do about it.  They can try to send the Sergeant-at-Arms after me and I have the legal right to blow his head clean off if he tries to take me anywhere.  I am not subject to the House's whims, nor are almost everyone else who is not directly employed in the House and a scant few offices of the Executive Branch, none of whom matter here.  They can try to subpoena Donald Trump, Jr., and he has every legal right to simply extend a middle finger to Pelosi in response.

Here's what would happen if the House listened to kentuck:

Pelosi: "We have passed articles of impeachment against Donald Trump.  We have subpoenaed Donald Trump, Jr. to demand answers about the Trump Tower meeting in 2016."

DJTJ: "Go piss up a rope."

Pelosi: *hyperventilates a lot, and is ultimately forced to admit that she has absolutely no authority to demand or compel DJTJ's presence*

*Don Lemon's head simultaneously explodes on camera at the same time as Jim Acosta's*