Author Topic: Firefox  (Read 13293 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Firefox
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:15:46 AM »
I successfully got it onto my computer late last night, but I have a question.

How do I make a website my home-page  using Firefox?  I can't find the option anywhere to change the home-page.  :thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: Firefox
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »
There should have been an option when you first opened it up "Make Firefox my default browser".

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
There should have been an option when you first opened it up "Make Firefox my default browser".

That is not what I'm asking.  I want to make this website (CC) my homepage in the Firefox browser.  Is there no option for that?

I have CC as my homepage in IE...why can't I have it that way in Firefox?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »

That is not what I'm asking.  I want to make this website (CC) my homepage in the Firefox browser.  Is there no option for that?

Sorry. Only one cup of coffee so far.

Click on "Tools" then "Options", then you should see the option.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »

One cup of coffee so far?  Time to learn what a  FRAPPACINO is ...that ought to get a buzz going very quickly.    J/k....  :rotf:

Thanks.  :)

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 10:39:11 AM »

One cup of coffee so far?  Time to learn what a  FRAPPACINO is ...that ought to get a buzz going very quickly.    J/k....  :rotf:

Nah, no crapacinos for me. Just gimmie some nice coffee flavored coffee and I'm fine. (Look up Denis Leary's rant on coffee sometime for reference)

Did ya get it fixed?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 10:40:41 AM »

Nah, no crapacinos for me. Just gimmie some nice coffee flavored coffee and I'm fine. (Look up Denis Leary's rant on coffee sometime for reference)

Did ya get it fixed?

Oh, I know about Denis Leary and the coffee rant.  :rofl:

Yep, it's fixed.  I'm still trying to adjust to the differences between this and IE.

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »

Did ya get it fixed?

Yep, it's fixed.  I'm still trying to adjust to the differences between this and IE.

Tabbed browsing is nice, isn't it? LOL

Did ya also get the auto spell check?

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »

I've used FF since it was called Phoenix and have never gone back to IE.

Did ya get it fixed?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »

Did ya get it fixed?

Tabbed browsing is nice, isn't it? LOL

Did ya also get the auto spell check?
Well, IE 7 had tabbed browsing too.

Yeah, but I really don't need it.    I tend to be somewhat of a spelling Nazi at times.  :rofl:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
Run an anti-spyware program and scan. After that, you'll appreciate the security of Firefox on the subsequent scans.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
Those of us running Safari have had tabbed browsing for years.

*where is that smug smiley?*

This'll do  :tongue:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »
Those of us running Safari have had tabbed browsing for years.

*where is that smug smiley?*

This'll do  :tongue:

Tabbed browsing has been in many browsers, including th early versions of Firefox (then called Firebird). I think that goes back 5 years or so.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »
Run an anti-spyware program and scan. After that, you'll appreciate the security of Firefox on the subsequent scans.

absolutely.